Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

susieice

I'm a little confused here. Aren't Sanctuary Cities intended to be safe havens for undocumented immigrants? Why are people calling this punishment and complaining? 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-administration-officials-discussed-plan-punish-rivals-release/story?id=62348181&cid=social_twitter_abcn&fbclid=IwAR2zuLswRhL36HkJS1Lqr926APyIFZIUzfI1eK1_uemJfkfvXFFz1A9oUZM

• Like 2

It doesn’t matter what he says at this point, it’s always wrong!

• Like 3

I'm confused because ABC News is now calling this punishment. Are these cities now saying no, we don't want the migrants that are being detained in the US? It seems it was decided not to send them anyway but I see some contradiction here. Do they have to walk there themselves to gain sanctuary? You would think they'd be happy the migrants would be allowed in until their cases are heard. Guess not.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

I’m reminded of the scene in Matilda where Trnchbull makes the kid eat ALL of the cake because he stole a piece of it. If they want to protect “undocumented migrants”, they can have ALL of the “undocumented migrants”.

• Like 4

If true, leave it to Trump to play with innocent lives, in a condescending manner like this.

34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m reminded of the scene in Matilda where Trnchbull makes the kid eat ALL of the cake because he stole a piece of it. If they want to protect “undocumented migrants”, they can have ALL of the “undocumented migrants”.

That's what these cities are supposed to be. If you're upset because they are being detained at the border and any offer to give them safe sanctuary comes along, why would you object? There's enough cities around the country to distribute them so they really wouldn't be all in one place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

If true, leave it to Trump to play with innocent lives, in a condescending manner like this.

Why would you not just want them to go? Makes me wonder!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Why would you not just want them to go? Makes me wonder!

A lot of these people have relatives in places where they can receive some help. That’s a far better sanctuary than a certain place designated by the government.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

A lot of these people have relatives in places where they can receive some help. That’s a far better sanctuary than a certain place designated by the government.

These cities designated themselves! Their police aren't allowed to touch illegals and they do not cooperate with ICE. I don't get you people. Anything to complain. I think if they were allowed to go there and wait for their hearings, at least they'd be out of detainment. This really screams a lot of phony!

Oh, a government you want to take them in no less.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

These cities designated themselves! Their police aren't allowed to touch illegals and they do not cooperate with ICE. I don't get you people. Anything to complain. I think if they were allowed to go there and wait for their hearings, at least they'd be out of detainment. This really screams a lot of phony!

Most don’t go to these hearings, anyway.

If Trump had his way, they would dig mass graves for these people and just throw them in. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Raptor Witness said:

If Trump had his way, they would dig mass graves for these people and just throw them in. 

Now I know you're phony. What does that have to do with putting them in sanctuary cities? You just want to complain. I'd think you'd be glad to see them out of detainment. We're done now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Now I know you're phony. What does that have to do with putting them in sanctuary cities? You just want to complain. I'd think you'd be glad to see them out of detainment. We're done now.

Trump is the phony, and calling his critics phonies won’t help make him less of one.

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

You really this delusional?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

You really this delusional?

If it wasn’t for the US Constitution, Trump’s cult would’ve already dug mass graves by now.

He is perhaps the ideal example for the protections that the Constitution provides U.S.

His delusion, is that the presidency is a TV reality show. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

If it wasn’t for the US Constitution, Trump’s cult would’ve already dug mass graves by now.

He is perhaps the ideal example for the protections that the Constitution provides U.S.

His delusion, is that the presidency is a TV reality show. 

39636644-50FF-4617-BEAF-4C9381AA7ECF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, EnderOTD said:

39636644-50FF-4617-BEAF-4C9381AA7ECF.jpeg

There is a big difference between the Free Press and the presidency.

Great graphic, btw.

• Thanks 1

You’re generalizing everybody that supports him as genocidal maniacs, classy bud.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

You’re generalizing everybody that supports him as genocidal maniacs, classy bud.  

Not true, I don’t think all the cult members will swallow the Kool-Aid. Some will prefer the injection.

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Not true, I don’t think all the cult members will swallow the Kool-Aid. Some will prefer the injection.

Hillary and Bill have left a 40+ years trail of scandals and dead bodies. And over those 40+ years the mainstream media have reported all of these scandals and such. However, once she became a Presidential candidate the other side fell to all the propaganda towards sweet little old nice Hillary pushed by mainstream media and voted for her. They swam in the Kool-aid.

We all know nothing Trump does will be right even if it contradicts the very same thing Democrats voted for and wanted to do years earlier. Such as the wall, curbing illegal immigrants etc.

BTW, Donald Trump is not the anti-Christ and you are a prophet.

2Peter 1:20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

Hillary and Bill have left a 40+ years trail of scandals and dead bodies. And over those 40+ years the mainstream media have reported all of these scandals and such. However, once she became a Presidential candidate the other side fell to all the propaganda towards sweet little old nice Hillary pushed by mainstream media and voted for her. They swam in the Kool-aid.

We all know nothing Trump does will be right even if it contradicts the very same thing Democrats voted for and wanted to do years earlier. Such as the wall, curbing illegal immigrants etc.

BTW, Donald Trump is not the anti-Christ and you are a prophet.

2Peter 1:20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I don’t recall saying that I thought Trump was the Antichrist.  Perhaps you’ve been privately interpreting my signature? I have simply argued that if Trump is assassinated, which is quite possible; I won’t be surprised if he crawls out his of his coffin, while lying in state.

A witness walks towards Sodom and Gomorrah, first blinding the residents so that they can’t escape, while guiding others to safety.

So it is for these United States. 

Trump believes he can murder someone on fifth Avenue and get away with it. So he teaches lawlessness, he preaches lawlessness, and you swallowed it. 

The Man of Lawlessness

2 Thessalonians 2

11For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, 12in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 2

I'm fine with the idea.  The only criticism I have is that Trump is basing his policies on ideas that would hurt Americans that disagree with him rather than ideas that would solve the problem.

It's not like the immigrants would necessarily stay where they were released.  They would spread out to where the work is, which currently is everywhere in the US.  The judges in sanctuary cities theoretically would be more open minded about their cases, sanctuary cities would be less inclined to slow walk processing, and the policies of detainment more humane.  

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's not like the immigrants would necessarily stay where they were released.  They would spread out to where the work is, which currently is everywhere in the US.  The judges in sanctuary cities theoretically would be more open minded about their cases, sanctuary cities would be less inclined to slow walk processing, and the policies of detainment more humane.  

If they were only "sending their best", I would share your optimism. 

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Man of Lawlessness

2 Thessalonians 2

11For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, 12in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness. 

I don't think you understand Lawlessness. Isn't that on the same level as illegal? 

It seems all this has stopped any discussion about moving them anywhere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/12/donald-trump-considers-placing-immigrants-sanctuary-cities/3437959002/

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't think you understand Lawlessness. Isn't that on the same level as illegal? 

It seems all this has stopped any discussion about moving them anywhere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/12/donald-trump-considers-placing-immigrants-sanctuary-cities/3437959002/

Lawlessness is separating families, lawlessness is separating parents from their children, that’s what I call lawless,  and most good people would agree. 

People fleeing persecution, people looking for a better home to live, people traveling on the road, in need of help, is not lawlessness.

These are civil matters, for the most part. We don’t punish these his crimes, will either send people home, or we give them a hearing where they just tell their story.

Trump isn’t evil because he’s rich, he is evil because he hurts other people to get rich and to stay rich. That’s why Jesus taught that it’s easier for a rich man  to thread the eye of a needle, than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

When Jesus was presented with the problem of too many mouths to feed, and not enough food to feed them, He found a way; that’s what a good nation does. Good nations don’t hurt people who are looking for help. They find a way.

Edited by Raptor Witness