Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

susieice

30 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's pretty much what you said.  If they just listened to what he says he wouldn't have to do bad things to them......

Again, what bad thing?

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

And how will they suffer being taken out of detention and put into cities where they will be protected?

Oh, I'm all for it.  Ravenhawk was the one arguing that hurting innocents because you can't get your way is a good thing.  You know, by "stop disagreeing and agreeing to freedom." 

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

Again, what bad thing?

To me it's not a bad thing.  Trump seems to think it is: "Due to the fact that Democrats are unwilling to change our very dangerous immigration laws, we are indeed, as reported, giving strong considerations to placing Illegal Immigrants in Sanctuary Cities only," Trump tweeted. "The Radical Left always seems to have an Open Borders, Open Arms policy -- so this should make them very happy!"  https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/immigrant-detainees-sanctuary-cities/index.html

My point is that making policy purely on how you can hurt innocent people to force people who disagree with you to do things is the exact same mentality as wife beaters and child abusers.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Oh, I'm all for it.  Ravenhawk was the one arguing that hurting innocents because you can't get your way is a good thing.  You know, by "stop disagreeing and agreeing to freedom." 

No, that’s not what I was arguing.  What I was saying is that that those that disagree are causing suffering to themselves.

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

No, that’s not what I was arguing.  What I was saying is that that those that disagree are causing suffering to themselves.

Yup, yup.  It's always the fault of the woman who is getting beaten, too.

20 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Making someone innocent suffer because he can't get his way?  That's the exact same motive as wife beaters and child abusers. 

If Trump doesn’t get his way then more people suffer.  It is his sworn duty to defend this nation.  That means keeping out illegals.  Separating and segregating them to protect us and well as them.  His hands are tied.

Just now, RavenHawk said:

If Trump doesn’t get his way then more people suffer.  It is his sworn duty to defend this nation.  That means keeping out illegals.  Separating and segregating them to protect us and well as them.  His hands are tied.

Why?  He's had two years of Republican controlled congress.  The National Emergency declaration gave him the $8 billion he said he needed.  Why is there a problem?  Why hasn't he fixed it? Why don't we have a head of ICE or Homeland Security?  Because some small town in Iowa declared itself a sanctuary city? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Gawd!  So dense.  You are mixing metaphors.  In an attempt to better align your analogy, consider that it is the woman that started to beat the man after coming to the border where the “No Trespassing” sign is and she blames the man.

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

once you cross a border  ILLEGALLY  you are NO LONGER innocent,

Eh, we are talking about placing the legal asylum seekers here and the law requires them to cross the border to apply.

Gawd!  So dense.  You are mixing metaphors.  In an attempt to better align your analogy, consider that it is the woman that started to beat the man after coming to the border where the “No Trespassing” sign is and she blames the man.

Well, in this case Trump seems to think that he is beating the citizens of sanctuary cities.  Those would be Americans....

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why?  He's had two years of Republican controlled congress.  The National Emergency declaration gave him the $8 billion he said he needed.  Why is there a problem?  Why hasn't he fixed it? Why don't we have a head of ICE or Homeland Security?  Because some small town in Iowa declared itself a sanctuary city? 

Lame.  Republican control doesn’t mean he controlled it.  There were too many Establishment Rinos to get anything done.  But most of them are gone now, primed for 2020.  He didn’t want to go the National Emergency route because now, he’s fighting through the courts.  This injunction will be overturned when it gets to the Supreme Court.  I guess you haven’t been paying attention.  It takes time to get things done.  He’s got a good pace going.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, we are talking about placing the legal asylum seekers here and the law requires them to cross the border to apply.

that only applies to Mexicans, and canadians, and none of them have legal ground for asylum

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

What does this have to do with anything? More excuses.

• Like 1

Lame.  Republican control doesn’t mean he controlled it.  There were too many Establishment Rinos to get anything done.  But most of them are gone now, primed for 2020.  He didn’t want to go the National Emergency route because now, he’s fighting through the courts.  This injunction will be overturned when it gets to the Supreme Court.  I guess you haven’t been paying attention.  It takes time to get things done.  He’s got a good pace going.

So two years and the problem is worse, because Trump needs time?  No ICE director or Homeland Security director because of RINOs?  The only thing it seems he has done is put a plaque with his name on it onto an Obama paid for wall.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, in this case Trump seems to think that he is beating the citizens of sanctuary cities.  Those would be Americans....

Nooo.  Those that have established sanctuary cities are abusing their citizens.  Trump is working on fixing that permanently.  It’s up to the citizens of sanctuary cities to change their leadership if they don’t want illegals in their city, county, state.  If they don’t, it is only logical to house illegals in those sanctuary cities, for reasons already cited earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

What does this have to do with anything? More excuses.

Excuse for what?  I am all for the sanctuary city plan. 

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Nooo.  Those that have established sanctuary cities are abusing their citizens.  Trump is working on fixing that permanently.  It’s up to the citizens of sanctuary cities to change their leadership if they don’t want illegals in their city, county, state.  If they don’t, it is only logical to house illegals in those sanctuary cities, for reasons already cited earlier.

Yeah.  So the citizens in sanctuary cities will suffer (in Trump's mind) because politicians don't want to do what he says.  Just like the children get beaten when the wife doesn't do what the abuser says.

He isn't doing this because he thinks it will solve the immigration problem.  (City officials don't make Federal laws after all) His logic is that he is doing it to inflict misery on people to punish those that disagreed with him.  Rationalize it all you want, but that's what it boils down to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

So two years and the problem is worse, because Trump needs time?  No ICE director or Homeland Security director because of RINOs?  The only thing it seems he has done is put a plaque with his name on it onto an Obama paid for wall.

The problem is worse because people like Soros are supporting efforts to stir up caravans to break this country and progressives continue to obstruct because they don’t care about the American citizen.  Don’t need an ICE director or DHS secretary as there are competent rank and file doing their jobs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I think it's good news.  I haven't been to a store that didn't have a help wanted sign in ages, send some to Iowa.

yep awesome news.  will be even better when they will start arresting those who hires them, put them  in prisons and  use civil forfeiture against  such owners assets , i'm sure you'll love it. lol

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah.  So the citizens in sanctuary cities will suffer (in Trump's mind) because politicians don't want to do what he says.  Just like the children get beaten when the wife doesn't do what the abuser says.

He isn't doing this because he thinks it will solve the immigration problem.  (City officials don't make Federal laws after all) His logic is that he is doing it to inflict misery on people to punish those that disagreed with him.  Rationalize it all you want, but that's what it boils down to.

So you are saying that putting these people into the cities "will inflict misery on people to punish" them? Isn't that a little contradictory? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don’t know how more stupid you can get.  It’s not that politicians don’t want to do what Trump wants.  It’s that politicians don’t want to follow the law and defend this nation.  The abuser in this case are those that establish sanctuary cities.

He isn't doing this because he thinks it will solve the immigration problem.  (City officials don't make Federal laws after all) His logic is that he is doing it to inflict misery on people to punish those that disagreed with him. 

The thought was to solve the immigration problem.  But I do believe that he has decided against it for now.  Nobody cares if city officials don’t make federal law.  One just has to assume these city officials have more respect for themselves and their citizens that they are sworn to protect.

Rationalize it all you want, but that's what it boils down to.

Only in a sick mind.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

So you are saying that putting these people into the cities "will inflict misery on people to punish" them? Isn't that a little contradictory? 

I don't think so, but Trump has made it plain he thinks so in his quote to the media.  I am merely pointing out how his logic is the same as a wife beaters.