Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

susieice

Here's what Cher had to say about illegal immigrants before and after Trump's proposal.

cher.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, F3SS said:

That was a ridiculously comprehensive post Jerry.

I appreciate it! I realize I am a man of way too many words sometimes, but I never want to be called Mr. Ambiguous! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, susieice said:

I'm a little confused here. Aren't Sanctuary Cities intended to be safe havens for undocumented immigrants? Why are people calling this punishment and complaining? 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-administration-officials-discussed-plan-punish-rivals-release/story?id=62348181&cid=social_twitter_abcn&fbclid=IwAR2zuLswRhL36HkJS1Lqr926APyIFZIUzfI1eK1_uemJfkfvXFFz1A9oUZM

I assume it was intended as punishment because now the illegal alien loving sanctuary cities are going to have to experience a saturation of the rapists, thugs, drug dealers, gang bangers, and illiterate feral migrants which they have coddled for so long first hand.

If this isn't an effective red pill strategy then I don't know what is.

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, DieChecker said:

Oregon is a sanctuary state, I think. I wonder if thousands are sent here where they will live. There is already an apartment shortage all the way up to 2500 a month. And mainly new 400k homes are being built, not new apartments.

I was in Grants Pass a couple of years ago  and the realtors told us to find rentals we had to get in line at like 0500 and basically just accept whatever the first opening was. It was truly nuts, there were ads all over craigslist of people saying things like "I make over 100k please rent to me"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I was in Grants Pass a couple of years ago  and the realtors told us to find rentals we had to get in line at like 0500 and basically just accept whatever the first opening was. It was truly nuts, there were ads all over craigslist of people saying things like "I make over 100k please rent to me"

The Portland metro isn't quite as bad as that, but apartment construction is way behind the city growth rate. And the apt people don't care because it lets them raise rent sometimes twice a year. With no where else to go, the renters have no choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The Portland metro isn't quite as bad as that, but apartment construction is way behind the city growth rate. And the apt people don't care because it lets them raise rent sometimes twice a year. With no where else to go, the renters have no choice.

I was driving up I-5 and I 205 through Oregon City last week.  I noticed a pretty large construction yard that seemed to be mounting windows, sliding glass doors, and solid doors on cargo containers.  Is this a new idea for affordable housing?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I was driving up I-5 and I 205 through Oregon City last week.  I noticed a pretty large construction yard that seemed to be mounting windows, sliding glass doors, and solid doors on cargo containers.  Is this a new idea for affordable housing?

Its all the rage, born out of the tiny home movement but homes made of 4 and more containers seem to be whats sticking.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, susieice said:

p*** poor "planning" on the feds part making life hard for locals.

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its all the rage, born out of the tiny home movement but homes made of 4 and more containers seem to be whats sticking.  

I had seen the tiny home press, just not seen the container angle.  It seemed like about a dozen of them in the place I drove by in various stages of completion.  I guess an 8x40 ft container is 320 sq. ft. not bad if the price is right.  

My aunt in New Orleans lived in what they call a shotgun house, which has a narrow width, maybe 16 feet with a  hallway running straight from front to back.  That was an old house, maybe early 1900's  so I guess the idea has been around a while.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

This is an outrage and an act of war!

President Trump should command the American military to retaliate IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-draws-weapons-american-soldiers-122737712.html

Nah.  If we did that, the wall might get blown up or knocked down by tanks.  Best to run back to the other side so the wall can do it's job.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Nah.  If we did that, the wall might get blown up or knocked down by tanks.  Best to run back to the other side so the wall can do it's job.

You are correct in stating the wall is an effective deterrent against illegal immigration.  However, it will only achieve full effectiveness if it is manned by armed American soldiers.  I am sure we are in agreement here.

16 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

You are correct in stating the wall is an effective deterrent against illegal immigration.  However, it will only achieve full effectiveness if it is manned by armed American soldiers.  I am sure we are in agreement here.

True that. Pity that Constitution thing gets in the way. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

True that. Pity that Constitution thing gets in the way. 

Where in the Constitution does it prevent the President of the United States from deploying the American military to repel a foreign invasion?

5 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Where in the Constitution does it prevent the President of the United States from deploying the American military to repel a foreign invasion?

Oh, it doesn't say that anywhere.  Standing guard duty on a wall isn't repelling a foreign invasion, sadly.   They could help process the refugees I suppose.

If Trump had half a brain he could just hire more border patrol to do guard duty constitutionally.  But sadly he is too fixated and the wall and seems to have neglected everything else.  Border patrol agent numbers are down, facilities are over crowded, and not enough judges to process people just to name a few.  Maybe hiring a head of homeland security and a head for ICE would help.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/10/border-patrol-recruitment-crisis-1157171

Using the army probably wouldn't even help because they are suffering shortages as well: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/army-recruiting-shortage.html

Seems like we don't have enough soldiers to meet our normal requirements, let alone standing guard duty in a desert.   Hmmm,  now that I had to think about it, don't you think it's weird that no one wants to work for Trump or the army, the border patrol, lead ICE, or lead Homeland Security during this National Emergency? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

If Trump had half a brain he could just hire more border patrol to do guard duty constitutionally. 

The problem with that is no one wants the job. Trump's rhetoric has taken an already tough job and made it unpopular as well.

I intend to run for the Presidency of the United States eventually.  I personally like Donald Trump, and overall I think he has done a very good job.  But he is far from perfect.  I would enact rightwing nationalist reforms via executive order, thus over riding congressional opposition to common sense conservative policies. 

My National Sovereignty Act via Executive Order would shut down all overseas American military bases and redeploy American troops to American territories and dependencies.  I would authorize the construction of a massive border wall manned by 250,000 American troops which shall stretch from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.  American troops manning the wall would be authorized to prevent illegal entry by any means necessary, up to and including the use of lethal force.  I would also retroactively revoke the American citizenship of all so called "anchor babies" and authorize ICE to round up and deport ALL illegal aliens in this country along with their families.  I would also enact a 50 year moratorium on ALL legal immigration to give the legal immigrants here time to assimilate and become Americans in mannerism, mindset, and culture. 

With this common sense approach, I am confident I would be elected by a landslide.

At any rate, I know I will have @Aquila King's vote.  LOL!

Edited by Lord Harry

Yes indeed, a Lord Harry presidency will truly make America great again!

I will appoint James Edwards of Political Cesspool fame as my Vice President, Pat Buchanan as Secretary of State, and  former Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo as chief of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

19 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Yes indeed, a Lord Harry presidency will truly make America great again!

I will appoint James Edwards of Political Cesspool fame as my Vice President, Pat Buchanan as Secretary of State, and  former Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo as chief of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

And Gromdor as Ambassador to the Bahamas! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Harry said:

I intend to run for the Presidency of the United States eventually.  I personally like Donald Trump, and overall I think he has done a very good job.  But he is far from perfect.  I would enact rightwing nationalist reforms via executive order, thus over riding congressional opposition to common sense conservative policies. 

My National Sovereignty Act via Executive Order would shut down all overseas American military bases and redeploy American troops to American territories and dependencies.  I would authorize the construction of a massive border wall manned by 250,000 American troops which shall stretch from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.  American troops manning the wall would be authorized to prevent illegal entry by any means necessary, up to and including the use of lethal force.  I would also retroactively revoke the American citizenship of all so called "anchor babies" and authorize ICE to round up and deport ALL illegal aliens in this country along with their families.  I would also enact a 50 year moratorium on ALL legal immigration to give the legal immigrants here time to assimilate and become Americans in mannerism, mindset, and culture. 

With this common sense approach, I am confident I would be elected by a landslide.

At any rate, I know I will have @Aquila King's vote.  LOL!

I feel compelled to trust a man with the all-seeing-eye as his profile pic. Call it "intuition"

• Thanks 1