Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two fortune tellers executed in N Korea

Eldorado

"North Korean authorities staged a public trial and shot two female fortune tellers to death last month, forcing tens of thousands of people to watch, in what appeared to be a resumption of public executions.

The executions of the two women took place in March in North Hamgyong’s Chongjin city, and were aimed at forcing officials to stop patronizing fortune tellers and engaging in other "superstitious" behavior, according to two sources who spoke to RFA’s Korean Service on condition of anonymity."

At Radio Free Asia: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/korea/executions-04102019175353.html

At the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6911347/North-Korea-two-female-fortune-tellers-shot-dead-public-execution.html

• Like 3

i wonder if they knew they were going to die? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why did they have to execute them? Its not as if they could really tell the future.

Maybe they were executed for scamming? Yeah, i can see that, but execution? still a bit harsh.

• Like 3

Its North Korea mind.  They have more problems than just a few nuclear weapons.  Kim seems seriously screwed up to us in many ways.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Why did they have to execute them? Its not as if they could really tell the future.

Maybe they were executed for scamming? Yeah, i can see that, but execution? still a bit harsh.

Worship is given only to Kim and the state, any person practicing any religion/spirituality not approved by the state is sent to concentration camps and tortured, or in these poor women’s  turn of luck, executed publicly.  

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i wonder if they knew they were going to die? 

I wanted to haha that, but a like will suffice.  I have dark sense of humor, I’m not sorry.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 4:34 PM, freetoroam said:

That wouldn't matter to the Norks.  They don't believe but they can't afford for the cattle to get ideas that there is something more powerful than their cameras and weapons.  It's one of the most brutal regimes for imprisoning and executing Christians on the planet.

Fortune tellers are nothing but scam artists, but they definitely do not deserve to be executed for it. So sad.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, and then said:

That wouldn't matter to the Norks.  They don't believe but they can't afford for the cattle to get ideas that there is something more powerful than their cameras and weapons.  It's one of the most brutal regimes for imprisoning and executing Christians on the planet.

It's the same in dictatorships or communism....One thing religion does is give people hope...the powers that be don't want that. Its high in the playbook of things to squash in order for those ideologies to succeed.