Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mashed potato mystery in Mississippi

Still Waters

Mystery mashed potatoes are popping up on peoples’ porches in the Belhaven Community and no, that’s not a typo.

The neighbors are confused. While some think it’s a just a prank, others are scared the potatoes might be poisoned.

Who leaves mashed potatoes on someone’s front porch? It’s the question they are asking after finding themselves the recipient of this bizarre side dish.

Jordan Lewis had mashed potatoes left on his car.

http://www.kfvs12.com/2019/04/10/mashed-potato-mystery-mississippi/

• Haha 4

We have a similar prank here in Germany, called the "Minced Meat Phantom". Always on Mondays, a person place one pound of minced meat at various railway stations, see link here

Its a kind of performance art, isnt it? :lol:

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, toast said:

We have a similar prank here in Germany, called the "Minced Meat Phantom". Always on Mondays, a person place one pound of minced meat at various railway stations, see link here

Its a kind of performance art, isnt it? :lol:

I lived a few miles from that community while we were in Mississippi.  Lots of young, college students and quirky older folks there :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've seen something similar around Albuquerque,NM at bus stops. At first, I thought it was just people ditching food when the bus came, but now, I've seen it too many times for it to be that. Weird. I'd guess it's a prank of some sort, with a meaning/inside joke I'm not privy to.

Edited by Seti42

19 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Maybe they are trying to feed the homeless? Or poison them?

I wondered that too...TBH. But there are better ways to try to feed the homeless, including just donating money/food/time to a decent shelter. As far as poisoning, well, the sad fact is (at least where I live) its easier and cheaper to just beat them up or shoot them. I have read about several such horrible instances here. Thankfully, the police and population as a whole seem to take it seriously, and many have been arrested, charged, and convicted for such vileness.

Idk I leave boxes of food next to bums sometimes the shelter is an extra complication. So here's another idea... Maybe some lady makes really horrible mashed potatoes and her husband/kids are setting thiers down wherever to avoid eating it and yet give something else a chance to