Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Babe bambino

Anyone from Sheffield?

Babe bambino

Im down and bored and want to know hotspots and where to meet interesting individuals(take it however you want) just a bored uk teen.

Also city centre, medowhall and frequented areas are off limits they bore me to DEATH.  Sheffield is crap but if anyone knows any cool areas that would be much appreciated.

P.S im open to weird places because i need some zest in my life but nothing too crazy.

acute

I don't think anyone will own up to living in Sheffield after you called it "crap".

:lol:

• Haha 4

Babe bambino

Hahahahahaha well im hoping so. I just need something to DOOOOO

• Like 2

Iilaa'mpuul'xem

Sheffield was once the undisputed steel, iron cutlery capital of the world, I made many a knife based on their manufacturing designs, I haven't been their in over 30 years but it was a dump the last time I was there. 

Babe bambino
On 16/04/2019 at 8:40 PM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Sheffield was once the undisputed steel, iron cutlery capital of the world, I made many a knife based on their manufacturing designs, I haven't been their in over 30 years but it was a dump the last time I was there. 

Yup i love all my stainless steel. Sheffield is soooooo boring its crazy. That being said its not exactly run down (depends on what part you go) when was the last time you visited?

• Thanks 1

Kaikou
On 12/04/2019 at 2:31 PM, Babe bambino said:

Hahahahahaha well im hoping so. I just need something to DOOOOO

Learn to 3D model or something. Gives you something to do and BOOM, no reason to leave the house. :D

• Confused 1

Babe bambino
On 19/04/2019 at 9:54 PM, Kaikou said:

Learn to 3D model or something. Gives you something to do and BOOM, no reason to leave the house. :D

Thanks for the suggestion, but that sounds ridiculously boring.

• Haha 1

Kaikou
21 minutes ago, Babe bambino said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but that sounds ridiculously boring.

Honestly it can be. Secretly I'm just trying to recruit more people to the cause in the hope we can make it cool one day.

A bit like that old American Dad episode where George Clooney tries to bring back mutton chops.

• Like 1

Babe bambino
14 hours ago, Kaikou said:

Honestly it can be. Secretly I'm just trying to recruit more people to the cause in the hope we can make it cool one day.

A bit like that old American Dad episode where George Clooney tries to bring back mutton chops.

Hahahahaha well thats cute i guess. Good luck on it!! Theres a chance to make everthing popular again. Like vintage and alternative fashion has been in now for the past 3 years.

jmccr8
On 4/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, Babe bambino said:

Im down and bored and want to know hotspots and where to meet interesting individuals(take it however you want) just a bored uk teen.

Also city centre, medowhall and frequented areas are off limits they bore me to DEATH.  Sheffield is crap but if anyone knows any cool areas that would be much appreciated.

P.S im open to weird places because i need some zest in my life but nothing too crazy.

Hi Babe bambino

No, never been there but took a look online and found this so maybe there is something that you would like( I always find that for a fun time the adventure is all in the attitude and use some of your own crazy to perk things up):D

21 fantastic free things to do in Sheffield | WOW247

THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Sheffield - UPDATED 2019 - Must See Attractions in Sheffield, South Yorkshire | TripAdvisor

Sheffield City Centre | City Crash Pad Blog

jmccr8

• Like 1

acute
On 16/04/2019 at 8:40 PM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I haven't been their in over 30 years but it was a dump the last time I was there. 

I went there once, and it looked like a bomb had just hit the place!

It looks much better now, but I haven't been back.

• Thanks 1

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
16 minutes ago, acute said:

I went there once, and it looked like a bomb had just hit the place!

It looks much better now, but I haven't been back.

My dad was a bread man, he delivered bread and he had Sheffield once on his route. I went with him on school holidays to earn extra pocket money, we would be out of the bakery at 02:00 AM, I remember the going there when it was busy steel mills, working to supply the world with the best cutlery on the planet, I found it depressing as a child, only because of all the Victorian type working impression it gave me at the time. 

Years later I went back when production was dead..... everything closed down, it looked like the aftermath of a war... I am sure it has brightened up and improved now.

• Like 1

acute
45 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Years later I went back when production was dead..... everything closed down, it looked like the aftermath of a war... I am sure it has brightened up and improved now.

Like towns up 'n' down Britain, it was a thriving city until the decline in manufacturing that Margaret Thatcher delighted in..

The service sector and the arrogant (overpaid) Yuppies achieved nothing but increasing their bottom line, and decimating our proud communities.

• Sad 1

acute

I was watching the snooker earlier, from the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield. It was the deciding frame between two players I've never heard of, but it was riveting!

The longest frame of snooker EVER in the history of the World Championships, surpassing the Taylor / Davis black ball final in 1985.

(Obviously, I wasn't born then)

Babe bambino
On 21/04/2019 at 8:20 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Babe bambino

No, never been there but took a look online and found this so maybe there is something that you would like( I always find that for a fun time the adventure is all in the attitude and use some of your own crazy to perk things up):D

21 fantastic free things to do in Sheffield | WOW247

THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Sheffield - UPDATED 2019 - Must See Attractions in Sheffield, South Yorkshire | TripAdvisor

Sheffield City Centre | City Crash Pad Blog

jmccr8

Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Like 1