Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Chickadee1948

Spontaneous Exorcisms

59 posts in this topic

Kenemet
2 hours ago, Chickadee1948 said:

In the movie, The Fallen, an ancient entity called Azazel, moves in this way, ie: from host to host . 

The movie is fiction and the effects are pure Hollywood and not really based in any cultural concepts.  Classically (in High Magick of the Renaissance and other material) Azazel did not move from host to host (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel) - nor did he need to.

In modern fiction (since the 1960's) or urban legends, these sorts of imagined events happen because the writers pick a name from a mystical source and then decide to embellish on it... something that you can confirm for yourself by simply doing a web search on Azazel.

• Like 4

Swede
5 hours ago, Chickadee1948 said:

Piney -

As for con men you quite obviously are the con man on this board with so many false and irrelvant commentshere.

Your "assessment" is demonstrably incorrect. As to putting faith in Cayce, you are revealing the weakness of your position. Citing derivative frauds does not enhance your credibility.

• Thanks 3

Dejarma
1 hour ago, Chickadee1948 said:

As for his predictions, no psychic is 100 % accurate, because from the time a prediction is made, until the appointed time, many things can change to alter our consensus reality

shame they can't predict the changes-- what utter crap!

• Like 2

Kenemet
1 hour ago, Chickadee1948 said:

I was a member of Edgar Cayce Canada, and Edgar Cayce International is alive and well in many countries, with many thousands of members worldwide, so far more than a handful. As for his predictions, no psychic is 100 % accurate, because from the time a prediction is made, until the appointed time, many things can change to alter our consensus reality, and Cayce was aware of the flux of change.  

Has it struck you just how untenable that logic (which I know was explained to you by the Cayce foundation) is?

* if predictions fail, then there's really no such thing as prognostication (I'll use this word instead of predictions, and use predictions in the sense of "If my daughter goes out with that jerk, I predict he'll dump her in two weeks.")

* If prognostications are hit-and-miss, then they're no better than guesses.

* If prognostication can't foresee anything with any accuracy more than two years in advance, then there's no such thing as the Akashic Records.  Akashic Records are described as an accurate record of the past and present and future.  If they're an accurate record, they can't change.  If the future changes then there's no such thing as the Akashic Records.

* If prognostication is true, then we live in a clockwork universe and your fate is pre-ordained and nothing you do will ever affect your pre-ordained future and afterlife (if any.)  It will be present in the Akashic Records.

* If your prognostications fail because the Akashic Records (or whatever) predicted you would fail (in the clockwork universe) then you're not getting your information from the Akashic Records.  And any statement you make about contents of the Akashic Records and their location is therefore most likely false.

* Prognostication will be accurate no matter how unstable the society is IF we live in a clockwork universe. 

* If we live in a chaotic universe, then it's not possible to accurately predict anything beyond a local (in time and space) event.

So... Cayce's predictions were somewhat accurate in the short term but were very inaccurate for the long term (California falling into the ocean.)  Therefore... either he wasn't accessing the Akashic Records (which are immutable and indestructible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records) or he couldn't read them very well (Theosophists say they also contain every thought and imagination of humans and only trained seers can tell the real from the imagined in the records) or they don't actually exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

Any "prediction" made by a "psychic" most often results in nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
43 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

That sounds intriguing?  Got a link?  I'm PowerPointing today (so.darn.boring!)

Yup, Uncle Jimmu. :yes:

When I first started helping people I had to throw around ideas with @XenoFish trying to figure out the best English psychological concept-translation. :lol:

• Thanks 1

Dejarma
6 hours ago, Chickadee1948 said:

Edgar Cayce was not a con man

to you maybe not, but to most= well say no more as this thread proves..

anyways have fun;) 

• Like 2

Chickadee1948

have a nice weekend....that'sssss alll folks!

• Like 1

Horta

Spontaneous Exorcisms

Rarely have exorcisms, but when I do, the spontaneous ones are always the best.

• Haha 1