Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch calling contest (yes, its real).

Unusual Tournament

Inside the world's premier Sasquatch calling contest (yes, that's a thing)

BRIAN GOSSELIN STILL holds his cigarette like a cop, with four fingers on top. And so, at dusk, after stepping out of his creaky, old, green pickup truck and striding across Abair Road, the gray-haired, leathery ex-police officer pauses at the tree line to calm himself with one more Fortuna Blue. This road is infamous in these parts, and you can see that his hands are trembling ever so slightly. "This place still gives me the heebie-jeebies," he grumbles while reluctantly pushing his way through the branches.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26479629/inside-world-premier-sasquatch-calling-contest-yes-thing

• Haha 5

i win...

20190412_165534-560x681.jpg.459c5afbe97aea3abc635a61ecd552e0.jpg

so what if its cheating? ;)

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Haha 7

local folklore had claimed that this region, between the Adirondacks and Lake Champlain, was some kind of paranormal portal or interdimensional migratory route for Sasquatch. 

WHAT? 

Oh i get it , if they can not find BF its because he has popped through the paranornal portal  and what the heck is this? 

interdimensional migratory route

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

WHAT? 

Oh i get it , if they can not find BF its because he has popped through the paranornal portal  and what the heck is this? 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

WHAT? 

its perfectly normal to have imaginary solutions to imaginary problems. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

giphy.gif

Thanks. It all makes sense now.

Does it come in any other colours or are they all green? 

• Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

Nope just green. And remember that the neon green luminescence is really just the light from Venus reflecting off swamp gas.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Inside the world's premier Sasquatch calling contest (yes, that's a thing)

BRIAN GOSSELIN STILL holds his cigarette like a cop, with four fingers on top. And so, at dusk, after stepping out of his creaky, old, green pickup truck and striding across Abair Road, the gray-haired, leathery ex-police officer pauses at the tree line to calm himself with one more Fortuna Blue. This road is infamous in these parts, and you can see that his hands are trembling ever so slightly. "This place still gives me the heebie-jeebies," he grumbles while reluctantly pushing his way through the branches.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/26479629/inside-world-premier-sasquatch-calling-contest-yes-thing

personally i like that they call this the "world's PREMIER Sasquatch calling contest." 

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

WHAT? 

ive noticed that for several years when true belivers get really frustrated they have zero, zip, zilch, as far as substantial evidence goes they fall back on bigfoot is an interdimentinal shape shifter paranormal alien ghost, ( keep adding if you got em )

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

ive noticed that for several years when true belivers get really frustrated they have zero, zip, zilch, as far as substantial evidence goes they fall back on bigfoot is an interdimentinal shape shifter paranormal alien ghost, ( keep adding if you got em )

"forest nymph".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I hold that bigfoot is a tulpa. Created by years of belief. Sort of like a meme. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, the13bats said:

interdimentinal shape shifter paranormal alien ghost within the migratory route of the portal routes in the 6th dimentional levitational belt  of the black hole. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

interdimentinal shape shifter paranormal alien ghost within the migratory route of the portal routes in the 6th dimentional levitational belt  of the black hole. 

And inhale. 

• Haha 2

Just now, docyabut2 said:

To many fantasy  of games and not reality")

That can be said of a lot of things.

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Nope. There are black ones. Don't ask me how I know. 

• Haha 1

One of the funnier things read on this website was a story related by "Night Walker" about a couple of guys who took sound recording equipment into bush in northern NSW, to capture the reputed sounds of Yowies ( a kind of Sasquatch, supposedly). They arrived at a campsite in their 4WD, pitched their tent, then headed off into the scrub late in the day. They had not long to wait, unnerving calls reverberating through the undergrowth. Deciding discretion was the better part of valour, they hastened back to camp, where they were found early next morning, not in their tent, but bolt upright, in their vehicle, behind wound-up windows ! HEHEHAHAHAHUHUHAHA !  The probable explanation for the harrowing sounds, feral deer and mating season.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Habitat said:

One of the funnier things read on this website was a story related by "Night Walker" about a couple of guys who took sound recording equipment into bush in northern NSW, to capture the reputed sounds of Yowies ( a kind of Sasquatch, supposedly). They arrived at a campsite in their 4WD, pitched their tent, then headed off into the scrub late in the day. They had not long to wait, unnerving calls reverberating through the undergrowth. Deciding discretion was the better part of valour, they hastened back to camp, where they were found early next morning, not in their tent, but bolt upright, in their vehicle, behind wound-up windows ! HEHEHAHAHAHUHUHAHA !  The probable explanation for the harrowing sounds, feral deer and mating season.

when i was in my teens in orlando, fl.

i got into the habit of working on my cars and junk after dark when it wasnt so hot, the first time i heard a cat in season i was sure it was a banshee from hell coming to drag me away, lol, really freaked me out until i was clued in, then several years later same thing, about 3am i get the hell scared outta me with screaming that sounded like a woman being killed but not really human, but it wasnt a cat in heat i start looking around and here come a group of peacocks, no kidding.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

when i was in my teens in orlando, fl.

i got into the habit of working on my cars and junk after dark when it wasnt so hot, the first time i heard a cat in season i was sure it was a banshee from hell coming to drag me away, lol, really freaked me out until i was clued in, then several years later same thing, about 3am i get the hell scared outta me with screaming that sounded like a woman being killed but not really human, but it wasnt a cat in heat i start looking around and here come a group of peacocks, no kidding.

The first time I heard the call of the Pheasant Coucal, I Imagined a gorilla was about to emerge from the bush. What a coward !  It is just an inoffensive, mostly ground dwelling bird.

Image result for pheasant coucal

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Habitat,  So did the two guys  record anything?

I assume so, before they high-tailed it out of there. They probably played it to someone who recognized it as the deer. They maybe did not know deer were in the area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this is again a case where a recording even unknown unexplained doesnt make it a yowie

5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Legit

LoL “Bigfoot don’t believe in you either”!!!  The intentional/unintentional irony of “Beware of imitations”.  I love it, is it real, and where can I buy one @the13bats

• Like 1