Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch calling contest (yes, its real).

Unusual Tournament

15 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

LoL “Bigfoot don’t believe in you either”!!!  The intentional/unintentional irony of “Beware of imitations”.  I love it, is it real, and where can I buy one @the13bats

my wife grabbed it last time we ate at crackle barrel, i wanted a box of clove gum but its out of production so she grabbed the bigfoot call, seems they were like 8 bucks.

i am guessing it was supposed to be campy fun stupid like billy bob teeth.

• Haha 1

Funny. But how is this a sport? A contest, sure...But not a sport. There's no athleticism involved.

• Like 1

Nowadays a "sport" is mostly anything that you do outside.

Very few people are familiar with the range of sounds that even common animals are capable of.  Deer are normally pretty quite as are rabbits but they can get loud and if you have not heard it before it can be shocking. Deer will suddenly squeal in an effort to make something that they see but are uncertain of to try and make it move. The first time one snuck up on me and did that I almost jumped out of my tree stand! When a rabbit is scared or injured the can scream and it sounds a lot like a little girl.  We have tree frogs in Texas that are tiny but can make a sound like something BIG grunting in the darkness. People not familiar with the critters in habitat will hear a lot of scary sounds.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DanL said:

Nowadays a "sport" is mostly anything that you do outside.

Where i live, PC caught up with the Dwarf Throwing Competition, and the Beer Belly Competition. Gone to history.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Habitat said:

Where i live, PC caught up with the Dwarf Throwing Competition, and the Beer Belly Competition. Gone to history.

Drat!! I always wanted to go to a professional dwarf tossing event!! All the really good sports get banned!!

• Like 2

you never know who is okay with something and who is gonna get offended, 100% of the unique people who were sideshow performers i had the honor to meet were of the mind, they liked doing that better than handouts and living assisted, many would say, exploited? look at my bank account.

a number of years back i was booked for the tunes at a daytona bikeweek midget wrestling event, the wrestlers were great guys loved the show life but i know other small people who that greatly offends.

you just never know.

It's cool that they do this.  Just as a fun thing.   I'm sure most of the people know Bigfoot does not exist.   But it looks like everyone is having fun.   Good for them.

• Like 2

A friend of  mine was king of the keg toss. It was a college event that now gone away. Love live the champions

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stephen61 said:

How do you know what kind of sound a bigfoot makes? If it already exists.

Here's how:

5 hours ago, Stephen61 said:

How do you know what kind of sound a bigfoot makes?

Yowwwwwweeeeee, I win, where's the prize?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The winner should be the one that produces results.  Whether you're calling hogs, ducks or bigfoot, unless something answers it's just noise.  Just like with the lottery, it may take a number of contests before someone wins.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:09 PM, Big Jim said:

The winner should be the one that produces results.  Whether you're calling hogs, ducks or bigfoot, unless something answers it's just noise.  Just like with the lottery, it may take a number of contests before someone wins.

Is this the type of winner you are referring to:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/09/truly-strange-cases-of-people-kidnapped-by-bigfoot/

That's the story of multiple people kidnapped by BF or a cousin, and in some cases impregnated.

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2019 at 4:40 PM, Seti42 said:

Funny. But how is this a sport? A contest, sure...But not a sport. There's no athleticism involved.

Yeah it's a sport..Got to have a lot of wind to do it.....:lol:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Yeah it's a sport..Got to have a lot of wind to do it.....:lol:

According to Dave Barry, the columnist, the number one aerobic sport in America is screaming at your kids' games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/09/truly-strange-cases-of-people-kidnapped-by-bigfoot/

That's the story of multiple people kidnapped by BF or a cousin, and in some cases impregnated.

You're not a winner if bigfoot makes first contact.  You have to call him first.

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

You're not a winner if bigfoot makes first contact.  You have to call him first.

At least with BF its not all of the nasty alien probing the nether regions sort of thing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

At least with BF its not all of the nasty alien probing the nether regions sort of thing.

Don't be so sure.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

Jeeze its dangerous out there, if the aliens do not get you, bigfoot will.

I notice the stories are quite old, so it seem the alien thing is newer. Not really a lot of cases when you look at the time span, but bigfoot seems to be thriving out there. 

Of course it is possible some where abducted - by some unshaven hermit, but its not going to sound as good as a bigfoot story.