Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Holy Stairs" that Jesus climbed unveiled

Eldorado

"The marble steps Jesus is believed to have climbed before being sentenced to crucifixion have been unveiled after 300 years.    

The Scala Sancta, or Holy Staircase, had been encased in protective maple wood since 1723 in a bid to protect the steps from years of use. 

But it has since been stripped back and restored with pilgrims now flocking to see the sacred steps. Three small bronze crosses are embedded in the marble and there are spots some believe are stained by Christ's blood."

Full report at the UK Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6915753/Holy-Stairs-Jesus-climbed-sentenced-crucifixion-unveiled-300-years.html

At ABC (US) News: https://abcnews.go.com/International/holy-stairs-believed-climbed-jesus-prior-crucifixion-unveiled/story?id=62331625

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I'm just waiting for people to find some fossilized Jesus s**t, then watch the masses gather round and kiss it to cure their back ache.

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

They're just stairs.

But then again, this is the desert cult whose followers cheer on the end of the world, so I guess we can't expect much from them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Stairways to heaven...:-p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is a lot  of visions of Jesus who was the greatest man`s ministry, and survived   ever lived  on earth

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, South Alabam said:

It's a stairway to heaven.

6a00d83451707369e201b8d2833f44970c-800wi

• Haha 2

Ah NICE !!!!!! a Monty Python thread.  No seriously thanks Eldorado I like to see these things from time to time like the pictures on toast et cetera etc. etc. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ COOL !

Edited by MWoo7
______________________________________________________________ oops! CAPS ! needed-- oh wellz its the weekend ! What can I say. Laterzzzzzzzzzz and thanks for the post! Eldorado.
  • Like 1

The marble steps Jesus is believed to have climbed before being sentenced to crucifixion have been unveiled after 300 years. 

This sounds like a Catholic myth. I don't recall the Bible mentioning "marble stairs" in the crucifixion story?

• Confused 1