Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Throws 5 Yr Old At Mall Of America

susieice

This is just terrible. The little boy was at the mall with his mom. This guy had a lot of previous run-ins with police and had been banned from the mall twice before this. He has anger management problems. I hope this family gets justice for that child and not some mental illness cop-out. If he had issues they should have been dealt with long before now.

• Like 7

That has to be in a sacred tome or something, quoting Alien Origins: " ...  thrown his ass over after him! Who does that to a 5 year old?  "   a sage scroll , a proverb confucianism etc. oh yes Kongzi/Kohntz must have said that. [spelling it out yes facetiousness/exaggeration/SARC! sheeze hate holding hands.]

....lets see- a quote toy in this editor someplace,

oh here we go:

41 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Should have thrown his ass over after him! Who does that to a 5 year old?

No kidding..

37 minutes ago, susieice said:

He has anger management problems. I hope this family gets justice for that child and not some mental illness cop-out.

Yep and thanks for the post susieice.

Edited by MWoo7
____________________________________________________________ added [s], a typo go figure just imagine.
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JVG said:

@susieice I saw this on the national news... Another mental case that slip through the cracks and commits a terrible injustice to a harmless little boy. What is this world coming to!!!

All the times the man was in custody. I heard that some of his arrests were handled as mental and still nothing was done.

There were rumors that the boy had passed, but he is still fighting for his life and will face many surgeries in the future. This just breaks my heart. It's a miracle the boy survived the fall at all. Police said he fell about 40 ft.

A witness did chase the man to try and stop him. Police say there is video of the incident. It will not be released until the investigation is completed. A family friend has started a gofundme for the boy and his family.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/13/boy-thrown-from-mall-of-america-balcony-fighting-for-his-life-suspect-had-history-of-incidents-at-mall/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

I certainly hope no one was wearing a maga hat at the time, now with my joke of poor taste over i move on to my heart and well wishes to the kid and his family,

"and then" was right on,

Until our legal system begins to hold those responsible who casually decide to turn these people loose on the public, nothing is going to change.  How horrible for that child and its parents.  What a sad, messed up world today

so many times "repeat offenders" um...repeat their atrocities,

i believe parole boards whoever signs the doc letting a person out that person should be held responsible tried along with the bad guy for any crime the perp commits while out,

the results would been seen quickly, rubber stamps youre free wouldnt happen so much and things like this wouldnt happen much if at all.

• Like 5

Well, now he can practice his anger management with prisoners. Big prisoners, with tattoos on their big arms and big chest, complete with bad attitudes and little patience for child killers.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Well, now he can practice his anger management with prisoners. Big prisoners, with tattoos on their big arms and big chest, complete with bad attitudes and little patience for child killers.

seems poetic justice huh?

nope will never happen,  you see bad guys no matter how bad have rights and for example it doesnt matter how horrendous a serial killer tortured, massacred and destroyed their victims even when they do get a death sentence they get to milk it years some times decades, the new ish delay, lethal injection is crule and painful, gee how much pain did that demon cause to get on death row?

and pled mental like this scumbag will hah, he will live protected, cared for, fed and watered and when they deem him cured released yet again to go who knows what to who.

very, very sad.

• Like 4

That is just terrible. I hope the man gets put on death row.

• Like 4

When is society going to realize that we need to be protected from people with issues like this?  He has past run ins with the law should have been a warning that he was dangerous and should have been off the streets.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, glorybebe said:

When is society going to realize that we need to be protected from people with issues like this?  He has past run ins with the law should have been a warning that he was dangerous and should have been off the streets.

With what money?  Mental health is considered a health issue and a good chunk of the populace seems to think that it's something the individual should pay for.  What to do in cases of individuals that don't want care but are dangers to society or themselves- either through mental health or communicable diseases? 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, glorybebe said:

It's unfathomable that something like this had to happen but he will be off the streets now. I hope for a very long time. In the least, he should receive treatment for all the time he's in prison. If he doesn't, his anger management issues may take him into even deeper trouble.

5 hours ago, susieice said:

It's unfathomable that something like this had to happen but he will be off the streets now. I hope for a very long time. In the least, he should receive treatment for all the time he's in prison. If he doesn't, his anger management issues may take him into even deeper trouble.

i really do not believe this piece of human debris will go to prison but rather he will be in a club fed mental facility,

however, if they place him in prison his anger issues will get fixed really quickly either by him or a guy in there with even worse anger issues taking him out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

i really do not believe this piece of human debris will go to prison but rather he will be in a club fed mental facility,

however, if they place him in prison his anger issues will get fixed really quickly either by him or a guy in there with even worse anger issues taking him out.

The real issue is that there are few live in mental health facilities or asylums any more. Some where along the way the huggers decided that people with "issues" would be better off cared for at home by family. Unfortunately families don't have the training or capability of caring for these people. But we must be PC and so everyone, the public, but especially the families, are made to suffer the consequences.

• Like 5

He wanted to kill an adult but chose the child instead. He says he doesn't know why.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, skliss said:

The real issue is that there are few live in mental health facilities or asylums any more. Some where along the way the huggers decided that people with "issues" would be better off cared for at home by family. Unfortunately families don't have the training or capability of caring for these people. But we must be PC and so everyone, the public, but especially the families, are made to suffer the consequences.

You are so right.  I had a sister who was mentally ill for over 30 years.  From age 13 on she was in every mental facility in two cities.  They would hold her until the insurance ran out, typically 30 to 90 days, then release her with no changes.  It got tougher once she reached the age of maturity.  Unless someone commits a serious crime, as in this case, it's almost impossible to get an adult committed for mental illness.  She constantly harassed family members, causing much aggravation and sometimes nearly costing them their jobs.  She got into many physical fights with her parents, coworkers, roommates and strangers.  Occasionally she'd have to spend 3 days in a psych ward for evaluation, but she would act "sane" and be released with no further action.  The problem isn't just that families have no training, they also have no back up.  The police knew my sister on a first name basis and when called they would intervene but unless she was holding the proverbial smoking gun there was nothing they could do.  Laws need to be changed, along with mental health attitudes.  Many times the mentally ill need to be treated like they have a communicable disease.  Society needs to be protected as much as they themselves need to be treated.  The case of this man throwing the child was horrible enough to make headlines but slightly less violent atrocities are committed every day by people with mental illness.  Usually against their own families.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, Big Jim said:

You are so right.  I had a sister who was mentally ill for over 30 years.  From age 13 on she was in every mental facility in two cities.  They would hold her until the insurance ran out, typically 30 to 90 days, then release her with no changes.  It got tougher once she reached the age of maturity.  Unless someone commits a serious crime, as in this case, it's almost impossible to get an adult committed for mental illness.  She constantly harassed family members, causing much aggravation and sometimes nearly costing them their jobs.  She got into many physical fights with her parents, coworkers, roommates and strangers.  Occasionally she'd have to spend 3 days in a psych ward for evaluation, but she would act "sane" and be released with no further action.  The problem isn't just that families have no training, they also have no back up.  The police knew my sister on a first name basis and when called they would intervene but unless she was holding the proverbial smoking gun there was nothing they could do.  Laws need to be changed, along with mental health attitudes.  Many times the mentally ill need to be treated like they have a communicable disease.  Society needs to be protected as much as they themselves need to be treated.  The case of this man throwing the child was horrible enough to make headlines but slightly less violent atrocities are committed every day by people with mental illness.  Usually against their own families.

My friend had/has issues for years with her husbands ex who had the same pattern as your sister, in, out, in, out. In her case the ex also self medicated with crack. My friend was raising her step children and so the contact was ordered until they were finally able to get protection orders and legal papers to keep her from seeing the children at school.(She once showed up at school insisting on seeing her daughter wherein she showed the girl the dead cat she had brought in a small tote bag). So many stories!

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, skliss said:

My friend had/has issues for years with her husbands ex who had the same pattern as your sister, in, out, in, out. In her case the ex also self medicated with crack. My friend was raising her step children and so the contact was ordered until they were finally able to get protection orders and legal papers to keep her from seeing the children at school.(She once showed up at school insisting on seeing her daughter wherein she showed the girl the dead cat she had brought in a small tote bag). So many stories!

Crack always helps. Not.  This is so widespread yet somehow kept quiet.  So many people are struggling alone, thinking they are the only ones in this position.  My elderly mother felt this way when she was being threatened, extorted and abused by my sister.  Every time I was out running errands I would hear people on their phones dealing with similar problems and I would use this to reassure her she was not the only one.  The people fortunate enough to not have to deal with it have no idea how hard it can be.  Get help, they say, as if it was a toothache.  But help doesn't exist.  It's the patient who needs to seek help and they think the problem lies in the rest of the world.  They see themselves as the only right thinking person in a world that's out to get them.  All the drugs and therapy in the world won't help someone who doesn't think they have a problem.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, susieice said:

He wanted to kill an adult but chose the child instead. He says he doesn't know why.

That's probably true.  The rules of logic and reason don't apply in their world.  If you want to go crazy yourself try to figure out someone who is.

• Like 1

How horrifying. I've been to MoA a couple times, and the upper levels are rather open to the floor below. I wonder if MoA will install "jump fencing" to the top of their rails after this.

From the sounds of this so far, I think he may not end up in prison, but rather in a secured mental health facility.

• Like 1