Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

macqdor

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

Media site Patrika.com reported on March 16, 2019, that mysterious falling stones had been terrorizing residents of Raigarh, a district of the state of Chhattisgarh. The report includes an interesting video showing local residents discussing the strange events. While stone-throwing within communities is fairly common across India, the facts of the case suggest a stone-throwing poltergeist may be active.

https://thefortean.com/2019/04/12/strange-falling-stones-in-raigarh-india/

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, macqdor said:

While stone-throwing within communities is fairly common across India

Like..what/why/how/who the ??? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Like..what/why/how/who the ??? 

Yes it isn’t abnormal. 3rd world etc.

@macqdor, that reads as a parody article. I wonder if they know that asbestos is bad for them?

That’s far more important than pretending this was the act of a poltergeist!

Can you please use your poltergeist connections to get in touch with these people about the dangers of asbestos? 

Strange things can fall out of the sky. I was once talking to my neighbour at the fence, when something crashed onto the roof of the house, then down into the yard. It was a piece of branch of Frangipani tree. First thoughts, someone has thrown it, but it hit the roof with considerable force. Looking skywards, I could see what looked like a large bird of prey circling, very high, at least 300 feet I estimated. Reckon it dropped it. Hard to imagine what it was doing, it was not a suitable object to be making a stick nest from, being a soft material. ! What made me look to the sky, tree branches don't come from the sky !

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Yes, u in your 1st world making fun of those less fortunate in the 3rd. Classic cynicism. 

can you show me where he poked fun i missed that part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Strange things can fall out of the sky. I was once talking to my neighbour at the fence, when something crashed onto the roof of the house, then down into the yard. It was a piece of branch of Frangipani tree. First thoughts, someone has thrown it, but it hit the roof with considerable force. Looking skywards, I could see what looked like a large bird of prey circling, very high, at least 300 feet I estimated. Reckon it dropped it. Hard to imagine what it was doing, it was not a suitable object to be making a stick nest from, being a soft material. ! What made me look to the sky, tree branches don't come from the sky !

sometime in the mid 80s when the daytona boardwalk was still dirty and fun to go to i just by happenstance see a pelican in flight fairly high regurgitate what seemed like more volume than the bird could hold, moments later several elderly folks come up cussing that it was raining rotten fish guts and why doesnt daytona warn people it does that there, i started to explain a bird puked on them but they dismissed me as a crazy young punk. lol.

back a century or so it was just common to believe all kinds of things could rain down, little frogs, fish, meat, globs, etc Charles Fort was way into it, first time i heard ghosts throw rocks though.

• Haha 1

I have actually seen fish come down in  rain twice in my lifetime, both in gusty thunderstorms. Not big fish, but they were small, live fish. No great mystery, I think, picked up by mini tornadoes from the surface of adjacent waterways. In one case about 200 metres away, the other a bit closer, but they did not swim there.

• Like 6

first time i heard ghosts throw rocks though.

It's common to think of poltergeist as ghosts but they are not.  The theory surrounding poltergeist include

• RSPK (trouble teenager, individual undergoing mental stress, sexual tension, etc)
  • Negative Energy (with a life of its own)
  • discarnate/incarnate entities (spirits)
  • demons / daemons

Not ghosts though. 

Stone-throwing poltergeists are one of the oldest reported phenomena surrounding reported "geist" cases

It's still prevalent in 3rd world countries where the desire to be known i.e. attention seeking and fearmonger is somewhat easy to obtain.

Its cousin is the pyro-poltergeist.

@the13bats

• Like 1

16 hours ago, macqdor said:

Yes, u in your 1st world making fun of those less fortunate in the 3rd. Classic cynicism. 

Funny you accuse me of that and avoid the content of my post. 

Don't you think it’s important to educate them about asbestos? 

It seems you’re perfectly comfortable pushing your poltergeist angle rather than actually being concerned about their health. 

Edit: And by any measure, it’s still far more likely that it’s people throwing the stones. Keith, do you honestly think a paranormal explanation is more likely in this case? 

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Im pretty confident that asbestos will kill a person faster than alleged ghosts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

India is one of the largest countries where the use of Asbestos is running rampant. It's not a local problem. It's not a town problem or a village problem. It's a government problem.  

In India and other developing nations, asbestos-containing products have long been touted as good alternatives because of their low cost, with little or no mention of their adverse health impacts.

Consequently, asbestos-containing roofing products and other building materials are rampantly used across India, especially in rural areas. Moreover, thousands of workers are joining the asbestos industry every year, unaware of the dangers lurking around them.

These workers are enticed by the industry through a relatively high pay scale and are neither informed about the ill effects of asbestos fibers nor made to comply with industrial standard safety regulations.

Although many of these workers are illiterate, they can visualize injuries from ladder falls or a scaffolding collapse, but comprehending that a microscopic fiber can cause a fatal disease is a challenge.

In that horror and ignorance lurks a stone-throwing poltergeist.  It's not a coincidence that most cases that involve stone-throwing poltergeist occur in 3rd world countries.   In these rural communties, the poltergeist doesn't have to enter your home to haunt you.  It can do it with equal effectiveness from outside.  The society is different therefore communities are haunted e.g. pelted with rocks, etc vs. say one home in the US or Europe.

Funny that proponents of hoaxes think other people have not been in the countries with lower socio-economic circumstances. It's just part of their weird world view.

It's no surprise that a person promoting a hoax like the silly and childish hoax of the Washington state poltergeist hoax pretend that stone throwing in the third world is a poltergeist.

There  is no evidence ever of a poltergeist. It is just one hoax after another promoted by those making money off of those they fool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, macqdor said:

India is one of the largest countries where the use of Asbestos is running rampant. It's not a local problem. It's not a town problem or a village problem. It's a government problem.  

*snip*

It's not a coincidence that most cases that involve stone-throwing *snip* occur in 3rd world countries. 

*snip*

Funny how much sense you make when I cut out the other bits!

3rd world countries peoples are more superstitious and religious peoples you know! 

Also, who actually wrote this article?

Edit: I’m referring to this link (Is CROPSTER Australian Yowie researcher Tony Healy?): https://thefortean.com/2019/04/12/strange-falling-stones-in-raigarh-india/

Is it a verbatim translation also? Were poltergeists mentioned in the original non-English articles? Haven’t had time to look that far.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 2

I've spent a lot of time in India. It is an amazing country with a great diversity of ideas.

I caught a huge amount of anger on a bus ride. It was long and tiring. A nice bus ride, but I insisted an old man sit down and use my seat. He was clearly weary. My error was that I was telling an untouchable, a Dalit, to sit down. It caused a huge outburst on the bus which at the time I did not understand.

Any story I hear from India I must take with the understanding that there is layer upon layer upon layer of cultural interpretation that is hard to see through.

This story seems to be no more than that. It is the normal stone throwing covered in layers of cultural dressing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@stereologist

oh, how you love to stray off topic with innuendo and attacks.  stay on topic. address the content of the article vs. forming a straw man

you say that every post.  Sounding like a ................................

broken.jpg

I find that hard to believe since the incident,  story broke late March.

I dont create the news. I just share it. Dont like it. Ignore my posts.

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I find that hard to believe since the incident,  story broke late March.

I dont create the news. I just share it. Dont like it. Ignore my posts.

Serious question: Why a poltergeist and not a human? (Human being much more logical and probable)

Any actual evidence?

• Like 5

@Timothy

no one's ruled out human.  The people in the town said it could either be a human or a ghost.  It's possible it could be a human.  But then again the people say it could be a ghost. They said that (not me). 

the whole area is searched, but the stone-pelters cannot be found

The shocking thing about this incident is that no one can find who is throwing the stones and from where they are coming.

Nobody was found during the search.

Local people said that it has been happening continuously for five to six days. This makes people in the area feel insecure. The rain of stones starts at seven o’clock in the evening and continues until 11 p.m.

they even know what time it starts and ends and they still can't find anyone.  And they won't. IMO

However, in this case, the police has not yet registered any kind of crime nor got have any clues about the unknown assailant.

and they won't. IMO

Go back to all the stone throwing/fire starting stories I've posted here and I bet you not one has found the so-called human culprit.  All the cases are still unsolved. Some are still happening.

I think it's the works of a poltergeist. A stone-throwing poltergeist as its originally called. I'm not here to offer evidence.  The story came to me via Google alert monitoring.  And I'm sharing it.

That's it.

Each person can make of it what they wish.  

You think its humans doing this. You have that right.   You don't believe in poltergeist. I do.

Just a difference of opinion no more no less.  why u guys/gals make it personal riddles me.

This web community is titled Unexplained-Mysteries.  The local authorities said they don't know what's causing the stone issue.  That to me fits the definition of 'unexplained.'    That's why I'm sharing.

Ever thought that the solved third world country rock throwing cases would not generally be reported? 

Of course it. Locally. 

These are local stories.  If a culprit was found there would be update loyally. 

All these stone throwing cases remain unsolved. 

Doubt me? Find the other posts . Email the reporters who wrote the original stories.  Ask for an update. They'd know either way. 

Research it. I promise u your current belief is not at risk. 

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

@Timothy

no one's ruled out human.  The people in the town said it could either be a human or a ghost.  It's possible it could be a human.  But then again the people say it could be a ghost. They said that (not me). 

they even know what time it starts and ends and they still can't find anyone.  And they won't. IMO

and they won't. IMO

Go back to all the stone throwing/fire starting stories I've posted here and I bet you not one has found the so-called human culprit.  All the cases are still unsolved. Some are still happening.

I think it's the works of a poltergeist. A stone-throwing poltergeist as its originally called. I'm not here to offer evidence.  The story came to me via Google alert monitoring.  And I'm sharing it.

That's it.

Each person can make of it what they wish.  

You think its humans doing this. You have that right.   You don't believe in poltergeist. I do.

Just a difference of opinion no more no less.  why u guys/gals make it personal riddles me.

This web community is titled Unexplained-Mysteries.  The local authorities said they don't know what's causing the stone issue.  That to me fits the definition of 'unexplained.'    That's why I'm sharing.

while i maybe sorta kinda see where you might be going or coming from to present and not support is too much like click bait videos for me.

you do remind me a bit of john keel you might likely would enjoy his books.

3 hours ago, macqdor said:

*snip*

The story came to me via Google alert monitoring.  And I'm sharing it.

*snip*

Is there any chance you could please keep these type of posts to a single ‘macqdor’s poltergeist reports’ thread?

Just bump that thread each time you get a new Google alert, rather than spamming the boards with a new topic for every mundane story like this. 

Sincere request, many will be thankful! :nw:

Unless it’s something more compelling of course.