Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

macqdor

Hi. Im the author of the original article and its not Tony Healy :). The story was translated by a paid Hindi translator directly (word for word)  from the original Patrika story. Its quite possible the culprit is a human but there are some aspects that make me think it may be a stone-throwing poltergeist. Firstly, the incidents have taken place over several days with local searches but no result. Secondly, the stones are quite large - not easy for a person to toss and run without being seen for several days. Thirdly, one witness quotes the stones as falling "on their bed" - presumably inside the house! Finally the falls take place within the same time periods each day - I've seen that before in other poltergeist cases. Let's be frank - it's always WAY more likely that these cases area people rather than polts, so without an investigation on-site its hard to say for sure.  But my own view (from personal experience as well as the weight of the data) is that stone-throwing polts are real and this could well be one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crops said:

Hi. Im the author of the original article and its not Tony Healy :). The story was translated by a paid Hindi translator directly (word for word)  from the original Patrika story. Its quite possible the culprit is a human but there are some aspects that make me think it may be a stone-throwing poltergeist. Firstly, the incidents have taken place over several days with local searches but no result. Secondly, the stones are quite large - not easy for a person to toss and run without being seen for several days. Thirdly, one witness quotes the stones as falling "on their bed" - presumably inside the house! Finally the falls take place within the same time periods each day - I've seen that before in other poltergeist cases. Let's be frank - it's always WAY more likely that these cases area people rather than polts, so without an investigation on-site its hard to say for sure.  But my own view (from personal experience as well as the weight of the data) is that stone-throwing polts are real and this could well be one. 

Welcome to UM, any chance you can reveal your true identity?

As you’ve concluded, it’s more likely that the explanation is people. 

What personal experience has formed your view that ‘stone-throwing polts’ are the explanation?

Also, what data are you talking about which adds weight to ‘stone-throwing polt’ phenomena?

Can you please post the data, or links to said data here?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Sorry no can do.

Each story is it's own topic.

Okay, was worth asking.

Can you explain why @Crops has just popped into this thread?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, macqdor said:

Of course it. Locally. 

These are local stories.  If a culprit was found there would be update loyally. 

All these stone throwing cases remain unsolved. 

Doubt me? Find the other posts . Email the reporters who wrote the original stories.  Ask for an update. They'd know either way. 

Research it. I promise u your current belief is not at risk. 

I see you know nothing about other countries. If a culprit were found they might not be reported. They are not always reported where I live.

All we know is at the time of the writing of the article the culprit was not known.

Some glossed over facts from the article:

1. The police haven't bothered to show up

2. They sent out a group of boys to find the culprit and not adults

So the stone thrower:

1. Is a persistent thrower. Likes to do it under the cover of night

2. Is big enough to throw a 2 kilo stone as high as a roof, about 10 feet up unless of course they are throwing from a roof top

3. They might be even throwing rocks through open windows - glass windows are not a necessity

• Like 1

Of course it does.  That's the prism most skeptics view things through .

Thank God I'm not a skeptic.

Whew!

Like I said to each his/her own.

This story has Poltergeist written all over it. Pun intended. 

The actions taking place might as well be fingerprints literally. IMO of course 

^_^

7 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Of course it does.  That's the prism most skeptics view things through .

Thank God I'm not a skeptic.

Whew!

Like I said to each his/her own.

This story has Poltergeist written all over it. Pun intended. 

The actions taking place might as well be fingerprints literally. IMO of course 

^_^

Which pun did you intend?

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

Is there any chance you could please keep these type of posts to a single ‘macqdor’s poltergeist reports’ thread?

Just bump that thread each time you get a new Google alert, rather than spamming the boards with a new topic for every mundane story like this. 

Sincere request, many will be thankful! :nw:

Unless it’s something more compelling of course.

I second this and I'm sure many others do too. If enough people request it the mods will take action.

It would be a lot better for all to have one easily ignored thread than to have these silly stories spamming up the forum individually. Of course the OP is against that, because one thread means less views, which means less chances of book sales about his hoax. Anyone else would be fine with condensing to one thread, there's a reason he spams us up with all these topics after all.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Which pun did you intend?

Poltergeist supposedly "write" stuff to scare people. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crops said:

It's nice to have someone involved in the case show up thanks. In my opinion the cumulative evidence for paranormal activity in all these many cases labeled 'poltergeist' is by now overwhelming. Anti-paranormal types can go on forever challenging you and everything.

At some point we each have to reach our own fair judgment. You are not going to please everybody.

6 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Poltergeist supposedly "write" stuff to scare people. 

hqdefault.jpg

I'd be more impressed if someone painted enochian script instead of the cliche 666.

you should start a thread on poltergeist wall-writings.  a lot of you can't see the Forrest for the tress sort of speak. Your too involved with your own disbelief. Your own cynicism that  you can't look at the situation as a whole.  

I'd be more than happy to expand on that "666" and why it was drawn but its off topic.  This thread is about stone-throwing incident in India that took place recently.    Once again you're trying to make the thread about me (my experience) vs. exercise your intellectual curiosity about the article and all the information therein

If you really had a interests about poltergeist wall-writings. start a new thread?    One phenomena has nothing to do with the other.

You might as well.  Its obvious you got time. You're already inside a paranormal unexplained community?

@papageorge1

It's nice to have someone involved in the case show up thanks. In my opinion the cumulative evidence for paranormal activity in all these many cases labeled 'poltergeist' is by now overwhelming. Anti-paranormal types can go on forever challenging you and everything.

At some point we each have to reach our own fair judgment. You are not going to please everybody

there are a lot of them.  Most don't talk or engage.  They see the negative responses.  But they observe and they email me.

if "Poltergeist" means neighborhoodlum, human of this earth mischif maker, okay sounds good,

if "Poltergeist" means otherworldly paranormal spirit, demon, ghost fantasy being then nope, show me proof, thsts right you have zero.

why do macqdor and crops have the same writting style? oooh doppelganger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@papageorge1

there are a lot of them.  Most don't talk or engage.  They see the negative responses.  But they observe and they email me.

Right, they’re probably doing the sensible thing not dealing with personal attacks and such negativity and eventually hostility towards claims of the paranormal . Me, I kind of like keeping my debating and wit skills sharp here. In the end, I am more certain than ever of my position after fully considering the best attacks they muster.

if "Poltergeist" means neighborhoodlum, human of this earth mischif maker, okay sounds good,

if "Poltergeist" means otherworldly paranormal spirit, demon, ghost fantasy being then nope, show me proof, thsts right you have zero.

once again not about me.   why u making it personal?  Remember Two words 'stone throwing.'

stone throwing poltergeist. i promise you i wasn't anywhere near India when this event happened LOL.

@the13batsB)

and you think its humans doing this. thats fine.

and if you think poltergeist are not real. thats fine to.

My only question after that would be (to those who vehemently) dont believe.

why do u keep responding to my posts?

crop circle reference?

Edited by macqdor
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If this were true the mods would be a bit temperamental about it.

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

once again not about me.   why u making it personal?  Remember Two words 'stone throwing.'

stone throwing poltergeist. i promise you i wasn't anywhere near India when this event happened LOL.

@the13batsB)

and you think its humans doing this. thats

and if you think poltergeist are not real. thats fine to.

My only question after that would be (to those who vehemently) dont believe.

why do u keep responding to my posts?

crop circle reference?

for one i didnt make it personal that was odd for you to suggest,  are you one of the ego junkies here craving attention, it seems so.

i come to this forum mostly for entertainment,  a few good minds are here and a few blind true believers with silly meters,

so i respond to your post like tossing bread on water, will a mullet jump, it did, but you are right in a way, this subject was played out long ago and boring i will move on....

• Like 3