Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

macqdor

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

if "Poltergeist" means neighborhoodlum, human of this earth mischif maker, okay sounds good,

if "Poltergeist" means otherworldly paranormal spirit, demon, ghost fantasy being then nope, show me proof, thsts right you have zero.

why do macqdor and crops have the same writting style? oooh doppelganger.

I believe that is a sock puppet

• Like 3

What do you actually gain from all this macqdor? You've never proven anything. Except how antagonistic you can be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What do you actually gain from all this macqdor? 

Indecent exposure, to put it one way.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 2

@XenoFish

Theres no gain to be had. I think you misunderstand the community you belong to. It's called Unexplained Mysteries.  I'm not trying to prove anything.   I'm sharing stories that I find interesting. I believe its Poltergeist.  You dont. Difference of opinion is all.

I'm not trying to prove anything.  The viewers here. The readers here can decide themselves. 

Or research further themselves as some have already done.

No ones forcing u and others in my thread.  You guys come here. That to me is the biggest unexplained mystery.  I'm referring to the skeptics that come just by seeing my name as the OP.. That might be paranormal related LMAO. 

• Haha 1

It is fairly clear that throwing stones is a common practice across India.

Another example.

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/india-vs-australia-indian-fans-are-great-to-us-which-is-why-its-hard-to-travel-here-says-adam-zampa-1761724

The long run of dates shows that this is not a new phenomenon, but a part of the manner in which things happen there. Someone taking the time to highlight that stone throwing is not new is showing that the simplest view, the human rock thrower, is the likely cause. Thanks to all emphasizing the long running dates for these events.

It should not be a surprise to anyone that stones are thrown in India.

• Like 2

I do understand the nature of this forum. It's to discuss topics. Not an echo chamber. How many of your threads have been locked down? You ever wonder why? 

• Like 3

No one's saying throwing stones isn't a common practice.  I know having a occams razor mindset forces you to believe the obvious assumption (its monkeys, its monkeys, its gotta be) is the root cause.  But I think you're cherry picking the facts.

Lets piece a part the story and look at this monkey idea.

As night falls, the rain of stones starts from the sky.

Many are injured, the whole area is searched, but the stone-pelters cannot be found. 

has been happening continuously for five to six days

The rain of stones starts at seven o’clock in the evening and continues until 11 p.m. 

The people in the town know when the stones start falling. They say between 7pm.  It continues to 11pm

Now I'm no monkey expert but I think its safe to say Monkeys can't tell time.   Even if the monkeys were going on pure instinct saying start throwing stones at 7pm until 11pm. Thats 4 to 5 hours of stone throwing.

The report doesn't mention monkey sightings during the event.   Some of these rocks are of considerable size.  They've broken through roofs. They've put people in the hospital.

Local people said that when stone strikes, a group of ten to twelve youths of the village goes in search of the unknown accused across the entire area, but for the last six days, no accused seen nor caught.

No one's seen Monkeys.  Let alone heard of any.

These are sizable rocks. Hundreds of them that you suggest might be thrown by Monkeys four to five hours each day.    

The average rock weighs 4.5 pounds.

A four to five pound rock can kill you.   I think you're confusing rocks with pellets.  Or pebbles. 

Night patrols have been enhanced in the area, while the search goes on

Once again no monkey sighting. No monkey is mentioned.

I'm pretty sure if you asked the locals.  The one's experiencing this mystery.  Have they considered monkeys as being behind this.  Some would look at you strange and say 'we've already ruled out monkeys.'

@stereologist

Now what you should do is research other stone-throwing cases the world over and look for similarities. Look for trends.  There's quite a few here.

rocks.jpg

• Haha 1

Just to check the write up in the OP I found the article in Hindi and it was translated. Translation is a little rough but the gist of the matter can be understood.

https://www.patrika.com/raigarh-news/stone-raining-on-the-night-4290964/

Like many articles in newspapers it seems that this issue was resolved by time.

More than likely the culprit did not want to be caught and stopped throwing rocks. End of event and no more story. Sometimes the locals catch the culprit and dish out their own brand of justice. In that case nothing is reported to the police or the newspaper.

• Like 1

There are plenty of unimportant ideas such as monkeys cannot tell time. They can tell when it is dark and the sun sets. No need to tell time.

As we have seen the objects dropped by monkeys can be large as a brick and they can kill people.

Are monkeys the only possibility? No, humans are another possibility. The problem with believers is that they cannot think outside the box. They cannot appreciate that there are many possibilities.

Anyone who has ever been in India knows that monkeys are common. Let's not forget that the deputy mayor of the capital was killed by monkeys. I've even seen elephants walk through cities without any people guiding them. I've seen all sorts of animals in cities in India.

• Like 1

There are plenty of unimportant ideas such as monkeys cannot tell time. They can tell when it is dark and the sun sets. No need to tell time.

As we have seen the objects dropped by monkeys can be large as a brick and they can kill people.

Are monkeys the only possibility? No, humans are another possibility. The problem with believers is that they cannot think outside the box. They cannot appreciate that there are many possibilities.

Anyone who has ever been in India knows that monkeys are common. Let's not forget that the deputy mayor of the capital was killed by monkeys. I've even seen elephants walk through cities without any people guiding them. I've seen all sorts of animals in cities in India.

I think you're speculating about monkeys.  The article says humans could be behind it. Humans or "ghosts" No one on the ground at the location has uttered the word monkey.   Entering monkeys into the equation is not thinking outside the box its speculation i.e. grasping at straws.

I'm sure Monkeys was ruled out a long time ago.  But to each his own.

You think its monkeys.  great!

Its not IMO

• Haha 1

There are no follow up articles to the original article and by now we can expect none.

Having spent months in India and reading the newspapers there it is not likely that anything will ever be reported again concerning this incident.

There is nothing to suspect other than humans and possibly monkeys. 

• Like 1

Monkeys are so common in India that they are often overlooked. It led to the death of the deputy mayor of Delhi in that city. It led to the death of a man collecting wood.

This incident seems to have been so unimportant that locals sent out children to look for the offender. 

I doubt the children did a thorough job of looking. 

• Like 2

Monkeys are so common in India that they are often overlooked. It led to the death of the deputy mayor of Delhi in that city. It led to the death of a man collecting wood.

This incident seems to have been so unimportant that locals sent out children to look for the offender. 

armchair quarterbacking to say the least.  The word is "youth" not children.

don't forget about night patrols (enhanced the area)

7pm 11pm, no one spotted. No monkeys !

Anyone that has been to India knows they are talking children.

The funny thing is that the claim of no monkeys is an unproved claim. The deputy mayor of Delhi overlooked monkeys and now he is dead. So easy to overlook the obvious sitting out in plain sight.

Anyone that has been to India knows they are talking children.

The funny thing is that the claim of no monkeys is an unproved claim. The deputy mayor of Delhi overlooked monkeys and now he is dead. So easy to overlook the obvious sitting out in plain sight.

everything you said is what a skeptic would say. Occam razor is in full effect.  Monkeys are a natural inhabitant of the region therefore its gotta be the monkeys. if its not human its the monkeys.  Monkeys throwing 4 to 5 lb rocks 7pm to 11pm.   Children regardless of age are not good at searching. The local authorities arent either. All of that and more falls under Occam's razor.

Its the art of whatever is low-hanging fruit has to be the culprit.  

Those who study poltergeist. Who research cases the world over know differently.

We're in agreement though. This case will go unsolved.

Your argument the people or the monkeys will stop. Trail grows cold.

My argument: Poltergeist activity is generally short-lived.   An imbalance (no one was aware of) in the area got corrected. Or corrected itself.

Seems that the enhanced night patrols did little good in finding the person. 

I traveled in an area where there was an incident with dacoits. The enhanced protection was a man in flip flops with a lathi.

The police don't seem particularly concerned. The residents sent their children out to look. I doubt the enhanced night patrol was anything other than residents sitting outside because I don't believe there was a night patrol to begin with.

The kids they sent out to find the source of the stones probably WERE the source. They had a good laugh the entire time.

"You want us kids to find someone throwing rocks? Unsupervised? At night? OK! *Snicker*"

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

I think you're speculating about monkeys.  The article says humans could be behind it. Humans or "ghosts" No one on the ground at the location has uttered the word monkey.   Entering monkeys into the equation is not thinking outside the box its speculation i.e. grasping at straws.

I'm sure Monkeys was ruled out a long time ago.  But to each his own.

You think its monkeys.  great!

Its not IMO

While you're peddling baseless ghost bull****. 

Monkeys in India have been known to kill people by dropping rocks on them.

35 minutes ago, macqdor said:

My argument: Poltergeist activity is generally short-lived.   An imbalance (no one was aware of) in the area got corrected. Or corrected itself.

No one mentioned monkeys, it must be ghosts!

Brilliant reasoning skills.

• Like 1