Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
macqdor

Strange Falling Stones in Raigarh, India

173 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

stereologist

No one has ruled out monkeys.

1. Monkeys are common and many more now than a few decades ago

2. Monkeys are trouble makers

3. Monkeys have killed a number of people by throwing stones as  well as injuring many more

4. The police have already stated they can't blame monkeys because it will make the police a laughingstock

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

No one has ruled out monkeys.

1. Monkeys are common and many more now than a few decades ago

2. Monkeys are trouble makers

3. Monkeys have killed a number of people by throwing stones as  well as injuring many more

4. The police have already stated they can't blame monkeys because it will make the police a laughingstock

Monkeys were never ruled in.  You guys ruled it in.  Its not even a consideration based on the report.

 

http://supernaturalmagazine.com/articles/sticks-and-stones-may-break-my-bones...-stone-throwing-rock-flying-phenomen

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Mistakes others have made in reading the article which is rather short:

Claiming that the throwing is continuous. Claiming the article mentions rocks of 4 or more kilos. Suggesting that the rock throwing starts and ends at the same time each day. Claiming that the article is restricted to only the possible causes. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor

Your speculating into the article. Speculating into the account.  Locals, and authorities haven't ruled in Monkeys.  Your best served by contacting the reporter of the article and asking questions vs. Occam Razoring (assuming). Making assumptions.

Stone throwing poltergeist is a common occurrence in rural 3rd world countries.

Monkeys are not the culprit.  They are to skeptics who think poltergeist dont exist.

Quote

Throwing/falling stones can sometimes be connected to poltergeist phenomena. It is noted for its sudden appearance, severity and abrupt cessation, wherein this phenomenon is distinguished by its impossible nature. At times the stones seem to float or drop slowly; they often appear to fall within a closed room where there are no windows or no open windows, cracks or holes in the ceiling, or anywhere else logically. Accounts date back to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, & Roman cultures.

wait till the stone start dropping through an non-penetrated ceilings .  thats when the fun truly starts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Ridiculous claims made: meteor showers. Challenging if anyone has seen a monkey in India. :lol: That the rock throwing is continuous. That the rock throwing is scheduled.

But there is a repetitive chant:

"the report doesn't list Monkey sightings? Or even add them as a suspect."

"Looking for where the locals mention monkeys as being suspects."

"The locals nor the authorities never mention them (monkeys) "

Is the article so well written that other ideas can be excluded?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

I guess this means that nonsense of poltergeists have been ruled out too.

The joke of geist activity is speculating into the account.  Locals, and authorities haven't ruled in geists.  You're best served by contacting the reporter of the article and asking questions vs. Occam Razoring (assuming). Making assumptions.

Monkeys do exist and it well established that they are: Common, dangerous, trouble makers, will kill people, do throw stones and bricks, the most common cause of animal related injuries to people in India and can throw stones and bricks from great heights and heavy ones too.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

Is the article so well written that other ideas can be excluded?

article so well written?   That's a relative analysis. Borderline nitpicking.

Quote

NITPICKING - looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, especially in order to criticize unnecessarily.

skeptics love to nitpick.  Its one of their most often used tools.

'Oh the article wasn't well written, therefore I can pick holes in it.'

.Be careful you almost introduced a straw man

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, macqdor said:

armchair quarterbacking to say the least.  The word is "youth" not children.

 

don't forget about night patrols (enhanced the area)

7pm 11pm, no one spotted. No monkeys!

 

geez, the guy you are calling "armchair quarterback" has been to India, have you? or did you read this story from your...armchair? 

 

so if i get this right no prosaic explanation can solve this event it just has to be a poltergeist, thats the most likely plasable solution...and the proof of this is where?

Edited by the13bats
added info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 hours ago, macqdor said:

article so well written?   That's a relative analysis. Borderline nitpicking.

skeptics love to nitpick.  Its one of their most often used tools.

'Oh the article wasn't well written, therefore I can pick holes in it.'

.Be careful you almost introduced a straw man

It's amazing to me that the obvious is overlooked by those promoting hoaxes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

geez, the guy you are calling "armchair quarterback" has been to India, have you? or did you read this story from your...armchair? 

 

so if i get this right no prosaic explanation can solve this event it just has to be a poltergeist, thats the most likely plasable solution...and the proof of this is where?

Actually he has been so adamant that monkeys cannot be the cause since the article does not mention monkeys that it also must be the case that it can't be poltergeist since the article does not mention that either.

Unable to see that logical inference there is some off topic commentary about skeptics and nitpicking. I was just seeing how much wiggle room the hoaxer was going to allow.

Of course out pops the suggestion of a straw man. How droll.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It's amazing to me that the obvious is overlooked by those promoting hoaxes.

havent you noticed how it runs with some here, when presented with facts or questions they dont like it turns into a tempest in a teacup of spot light swing, smoke, mirrors, insults, even tantrums all carefully portioned out to avoid the points you just made.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor

@stereologist

 

Sometimes the obvious can be low hanging fruit.   Sometimes the obvious can be the path of least resistance.

'Ah ha monkeys live in India therefore it's gotta be monkeys!  Yes, I solved the riddle. Its monkeys.'

You haven't solved anything. You've offered an opinion.  An assumption. Might be true.   Might be false.

My stance is equally as clear as yours.  The article doesn't mention monkeys. It mentions people.   The people said they looked.  They searched and will continue to do so.  If its people.  The solution is simple.  Arrest them.  If its not then you got real problems.   You can't arrest a poltergeist.   

It amazes me the arrogance that skeptics have.  To say stuff like. Oh well they didn't search good enough.   They didn't look hard enough.  Who sends children to do a grown man's job?   What arrogance?!

#1 you and me are not there.  #2 we dont have all the facts.  #3 if you really wanted to get to the truth all you had to do was email the reporter and in a nice way ask for more info.  Ask the reporter if he or she entertained the idea of it being monkeys.  See what answer you get.  Bring that answer back here.

That's way better than grasping at Occam Razor (straws).

 

@the13bats

 

I knew you couldn't stay away.     Don't worry I seem to have that affect on people.

the skeptics descend on my posts quicker than I do.  WB

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
1 minute ago, macqdor said:

@stereologist

 

Sometimes the obvious can be low hanging fruit.   Sometimes the obvious can be the path of least resistance.

'Ah ha monkeys live in India therefore it's gotta be monkeys!  Yes, I solved the riddle. Its monkeys.'

You haven't solved anything. You've offered an opinion.  An assumption. Might be true.   Might be false.

My stance is equally as clear as yours.  The article doesn't mention monkeys. It mentions people.   The people said they looked.  They searched and will continue to do so.  If its people.  The solution is simple.  Arrest them.  If its not then you got real problems.   You can't arrest a poltergeist.   

It amazes me the arrogance that skeptics have.  To say stuff like. Oh well they didn't search good enough.   They didn't look hard enough.  Who sends children to do a grown man's job?   What arrogance?!

#1 you and me are not there.  #2 we dont have all the facts.  #3 if you really wanted to get to the truth all you had to do was email the reporter and in a nice way ask for more info.  Ask the reporter if he or she entertained the idea of it being monkeys.  See what answer you get.  Bring that answer back here.

That's way better than grasping at Occam Razor (straws).

 

@the13bats

 

I knew you couldn't stay away.     Don't worry I seem to have that affect on people.

the skeptics descend on my posts quicker than I do.  WB

 

I offered several explanations had you read the thread you would know this.

This is clearly people or possibly wildlife. That's it There is zero evidence for anything else. Nothing has been provided for anything else.

The stance you have chosen is without merit. It is not clear. It is fiction based on the opinion of the promoter of a hoax.

The article mentions people. It does not mention the fiction of a poltergeist. To paraphrase you

"the report doesn't list anything supernatural. "

"Looking for where the locals mention geists as being suspects."

"The locals nor the authorities never mention them (geists) "

As you point out it can't be geists.

That leaves people. The culprits may or may not be arrested. There won't be follow up articles even if there is an arrest. Maybe the locals will mete out their own justice instead.

It doesn't matter if we are there or not. That is the absurd demand of those that promote hoaxes. We don't have all the facts is true. I've been pointing that out with monkeys, which as I have meticulously shown are a good candidate. If you want to waste your time on getting an answer go ahead. I doubt you will you can't promote your hoax by looking for the truth.

It's funny isn't it? The same people that can't understand what a straw man argument is all about also do not understand Occam's razor.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Quote

I knew you couldn't stay away.     Don't worry I seem to have that affect on people.

the skeptics descend on my posts quicker than I do.  WB

I fully understand why you an attention junkie forum troll with a huge fragile ego would say that, but the truth is i find your empty rantings hilarious, im getting a big laugh from your posts how you cant survive if you dont get your word in,  its entertainment for me please do keep it up,  okay...give me another laugh you know you just have to, you cant help yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor

@stereologist

Quote

This is clearly people or possibly wildlife. T

Nothing ever so clearly unless you want it to be. Nothings ever so clearly sitting half a world away.

Your comfortable saying clearly because you dont believe.   Not in the slightest.   Your prism i.e. world view vetoes it being anything else.

Quote

I fully understand why you an attention junkie forum troll with a huge fragile ego would say that, but the truth is i find your empty rantings hilarious, im getting a big laugh from your posts how you cant survive if you dont get your word in,  its entertainment for me please do keep it up,  okay...give me another laugh you know you just have to, you cant help yourself.

@the13bats

ah the personal attack.  The virtual evaluation i.e. evaluation via internet.  Classic.

Hey you came back after saying you was done.  Don't get mad at me.   The only man of his word here is me.  I dont frequent any post hardly unless its the one I create.  And why I did I create it. To share unexplained stories the world over.   You're responding to something I created.  In short you're interacting with me.    Remember that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

Of course I do not believe in the hoaxes you promote.

Of course I do not see supernatural events where the issues are clearly natural as in this event.

There is no mystery here. There is nothing even remotely unusual.

Right in the OP a poltergeist is suggested and zero reason was given in the OP. Nowhere in the thread is any reason given. Apparently, this is the go to for the clueless and those that promote hoaxes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

Of course I do not believe in the hoaxes you promote.

Ah I finally got it out of you.  Took awhile. But it finally came.

Now the story is a hoax.  1st its monkeys.Now its a hoax "that I promote."

 

This might sound weird but its true.   If there's any promotion going on. Guess what?  You're a willing participant.

You miraculously find your way into my thread every-time. So guess what?  You're helping me.

But hoaxing?  I haven't been to India in over 20 yrs.  I promise you I was nowhere near this town, city or village when stone-throwing began   LOL

 

 

@stereologist 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

What we have learned throughout the thread is that arguments by the hoax promoters were based on arguments of personal ignorance of the area, the wildlife, the actions of the people.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
Just now, macqdor said:

Ah I finally got it out of you.  Took awhile. But it finally came.

Now the story is a hoax.  1st its monkeys.Now its a hoax "that I promote."

 

This might sound weird but its true.   If there's any promotion going on. Guess what?  You're a willing participant.

You miraculously find your way into my thread every-time. So guess what?  You're helping me.

But hoaxing?  I haven't been to India in over 20 yrs.  I promise you I was nowhere near this town, city or village when stone-throwing began   LOL

 

 

@stereologist 

Reading and comprehension are again failing you.

Your story is the hoax. You promote a hoax.

Never stated or suggested that the stone throwing story is a hoax. You have a problem reading.

You tag all of threads you start with a tag to promote your hoax, the hoax in Washington state.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
21 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@stereologist

Nothing ever so clearly unless you want it to be. Nothings ever so clearly sitting half a world away.

Your comfortable saying clearly because you dont believe.   Not in the slightest.   Your prism i.e. world view vetoes it being anything else.

@the13bats

ah the personal attack.  The virtual evaluation i.e. evaluation via internet.  Classic.

Hey you came back after saying you was done.  Don't get mad at me.   The only man of his word here is me.  I dont frequent any post hardly unless its the one I create.  And why I did I create it. To share unexplained stories the world over.   You're responding to something I created.  In short you're interacting with me.    Remember that.

thanks for making my point about you and keeping the laughs flowing...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

thanks for making my point about you and keeping the laughs flowing..

Thanks for making my point about not staying away.   ^5

@the13bats

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
8 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Thanks for making my point about not staying away.   ^5

@the13bats

i cant stop lauging at you, ty,

you remind me of the bk subservient chicken,

watch, i can make you reply to me...here goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

Your story is the hoax. You promote a hoax.

Now its a hoax?  I thought it was monkeys?    Thats what you said it could possibly be?  I think the people experiencing this would take offense to that.

@stereologist

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretSanta
1 hour ago, macqdor said:

Now its a hoax?  I thought it was monkeys?    Thats what you said it could possibly be?  I think the people experiencing this would take offense to that.

@stereologist

Read it again.  

He’s not saying the story about the rocks is a hoax.

He’s saying YOUR story (Demons in Seattle/Hell House) is the hoax. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macqdor
Quote

Read it again.  

He’s not saying the story about the rocks is a hoax.

He’s saying YOUR story (Demons in Seattle/Hell House) is the hoax. 

Oh he needs you defending him.   LOL

Quote

You promote a hoax.

I'm not promoting anything. I post a link.   You skeptics love making stuff personal.

cant be too much of a hoax you're still here.

You still compelled to respond.

 

@SecretSanta

 

Quote

“Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” 
 Obi Wan Kenobi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.