Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two recent experiences with presice noises

Noquestiontoprecisenoise

Im recently living in a house I've stayed in off and on for a few years. The two incidents I have recently encountered are not experiences I've had before throughout the years I have stayed here. Now there were moments I thought more of a certain noise because I was not used to the houses natural noises of aging. Since then I am fully aware of all its creaks and moans and also what it sounds like for movement inside or outside of the house in all rooms. These two situations made me stop in my tracks but shortly after I felt I had no choice but to convince myself it wasn't real for many different obvious reasons. The one main reason being a horrifying experience I had at my parents house way before this house that scared me so bad I called the police truly believing someone was in the house. And since there was no evidence other then the noises I heard I was believed to be crazy.

The first incident happened sometime between 5:30-6:00am. Me and my one year son just came back from the store and I was in the process of getting him out of his car seat, parked right outside of the front door of the house mind you. I heard three loud distinct knocks that sounded like it came from inside the house. I froze and looked around panic hitting me hard. No one else was home and no one is going to believe me and I definitely can't call the cops so I convinced myself at the moment it wasn't what I heard. I proceeded inside with my child in my arms and didn't see or hear anything else strange that day. Since then I can't stop thinking about it because there is no mistaken what I heard and where the noise was coming from. 

The second incident I honestly can't remember if it happened the next day or a couple of days after the first. The time was around 3:00-4:00pm when I just turned the water off in the tub for my son's bath. Also understand that through the wall where the bath is located is the staircase so you can easily hear movement/noise. I heard running up the stairs. I first thought my son's dad or his daughter had come home because I know what it sounds like for the stairs to be in use from any room in the house. There's no question to the noise I heard, specifically running up the stairs. So I naturally wait to hear more movement like I do once they have come upstairs but I heard nothing else so I look towards the stairs and see nothing. So there goes my adrenaline raged heart feeling like it's going to beat out of my chest. So again I feel like I have no choice but to brush it off because no one is going to believe me or they will try and come up with some other explanation other then what it was.

So here I am on this site because I can't get these two incidents out of my head. I feel I won't be judged wrongly from what I've already read on blogs. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can get it to stop. I definitely believe in ghosts yet I've never seen one before and I just hope this isn't a bad situation where it's evil of sorts.

Edited by Noquestiontoprecisenoise
Typos

Certain noises like loud bangs and footsteps are some of the most commonly reported noises in the annals of the paranormal.

If it makes you feel less alone, I seem to have  a scraping noise (like chairs being  moved and grated across a hard floor) coming from my attic. These type of noises from an attic are also fairly commonly reported. Odd things is that it seems to come from the same spot at about the same time about everyday, maybe on average two times each day. The lady that lived in this place before me was a deaf-mute (as was her husband), religious and considered 'odd'. My neighbor told me this as they were relieved that she was leaving. I again and again considered normal causes.

But anyway, back to your situation. I actually like my noises as I am a paranormal type of guy and welcome them to stay and no harm done. My point is I hope my amusement with it all makes you think these noises are experienced by more people than society would have you realize so you may feel a bit less apprehensive. 

Edited by papageorge1

It's wild you brought up noises coming from your attic because I've experienced similiar. Other than the two incidents that where in no question what it was. I've also become a bit obsessed with why thuds are coming from the attic here. Since a thud is not as distinct as the other two noises it's been a bit easier for me to think it could be something else because I only hear it when the water is running in the tub when it's just me in the bathroom while my son's taking a nap. Every time I hear it I run out to inspect but always nothing else happens afterwards. I wish I could just know if it's not evil I could relax a bit. Like always the unknown is the scariest part of it. Why is it happening now? What does it mean? Is it going to get worse and to what extent? And above all Is it evil?

Edited by Noquestiontoprecisenoise
Typod

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Certain noises like loud bangs and footsteps are some of the most commonly reported noises in the annals of the paranormal.

If it makes you feel less alone, I seem to have  a scraping noise (like chairs being  moved and grated across a hard floor) coming from my attic. These type of noises from an attic are also fairly commonly reported. Odd things is that it seems to come from the same spot at about the same time about everyday, maybe on average two times each day. The lady that lived in this place before me was a deaf-mute (as was her husband), religious and considered 'odd'. My neighbor told me this as they were relieved that she was leaving. I again and again considered normal causes.

But anyway, back to your situation. I actually like my noises as I am a paranormal type of guy and welcome them to stay and no harm done. My point is I hope my amusement with it all makes you think these noises are experienced by more people than society would have you realize so you may feel a bit less apprehensive. 

It's wild you brought up noises coming from your attic because I've experienced similiar. Other than the two incidents that where in no question what it was. I've also become a bit obsessed with why thuds are coming from the attic here. Since a thud is not as distinct as the other two noises it's been a bit easier for me to think it could be something else because I only hear it when the water is running in the tub when it's just me in the bathroom while my son's taking a nap. Every time I hear it I run out to inspect but always nothing else happens afterwards. I wish I could just know if it's not evil I could relax a bit. Like always the unknown is the scariest part of it. Why is it happening now? What does it mean? Is it going to get worse and to what extent? And above all Is it evil?

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

As Papa can tell you, nothing like this can harm you, so all the fear is not needed, though is understandable. If you calm more, you will find it easier to realize a lot of the sounds are probably normal - and this makes it simpler to focus on what may not be. If you do not do this and just let yourself escalate in worry and fear, you can end up with a real mess which honestly is of your own making from just being scared out of control.

It is not evil and you are fine. I felt the need to post simply to assure you that you are OK, this is not evil, nothing can "get" you. 

This is a mainstream forum of debate and includes everything from sceptics, college professors and scientists to Workers in the paranormal of a wide array of backgrounds, so calm down and ask questions and expect anything from here :). As for you at your house, you are ok. Relax, center your self into your own strengths and lose the fear as soon as you can process it out. That helps nothing at all. You can do this :) . Relax, talk to others here and accept what resonates in your deepest self as true and discard what doesn't sound like advice coming from a good heart or mind, and enjoy. Determine for yourself what is actually going on and maybe learn something new and fun by it and be at peace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)

As Papa can tell you, nothing like this can harm you, so all the fear is not needed, though is understandable. If you calm more, you will find it easier to realize a lot of the sounds are probably normal - and this makes it simpler to focus on what may not be. If you do not do this and just let yourself escalate in worry and fear, you can end up with a real mess which honestly is of your own making from just being scared out of control.

It is not evil and you are fine. I felt the need to post simply to assure you that you are OK, this is not evil, nothing can "get" you. 

This is a mainstream forum of debate and includes everything from sceptics, college professors and scientists to Workers in the paranormal of a wide array of backgrounds, so calm down and ask questions and expect anything from here :). As for you at your house, you are ok. Relax, center your self into your own strengths and lose the fear as soon as you can process it out. That helps nothing at all. You can do this :) . Relax, talk to others here and accept what resonates in your deepest self as true and discard what doesn't sound like advice coming from a good heart or mind, and enjoy. Determine for yourself what is actually going on and maybe learn something new and fun by it and be at peace.

Thank you for your post. I can't help but wonder how do you know it's not dangerous? Is it not possible to be physically harmed by a ghost? Is that just nonsense movies and books have made some believe myself included?

Hollywood has made a lot of money off of ghost stories and demons. They are not about any facts. If they do not embellish the basic claims as truth and add in special effects they do not have a hit to profit from.

If you suspect ghosts can harm anyone, then explain the hundreds of ghost hunters who do this as a hobby and never are hurt unless they trip in the dark. Next time you hear someone running up the stairs, just yell at them to stop making noise, or stop running in your house. It will stop if YOU are serious and mean it and free of fear. 

Why that works is up to you to decide. Could it be that you have authority over your own space and people can do this to stop bs happening around them (authority)? Perhaps it works because in a way we manifest these things ourselves and just need to state out loud we do not want it to be manifesting(subconscious acting up and misfiring due to stress or something)? Or maybe its really nothing and never really happened (fantasy)? Or a normal cause we misinterpret (imagination/fear)? Haunting events reveal a great deal other than ghosties, you see. Most of the time they reveal subconscious issues with those experiencing them, more than anything else. But, not always. Sometimes things happen and there is no real debunking except to say either "no such thing" or "I don't know".

We deal with hundreds of people asking this sort of thing here. The truth varies. The majority are made up by bored kids who saw a scary movie, but a few are real and honest and interesting.

What does not vary is that ghosties cannot hurt you. What causes such a claim might, be it mental health issues, real life matters or people, drug abuse or just someone panicking and falling down their stairs can.

I have worked around this sort of thing for my whole life (I am 60 now) and this is my read of your situation there. I am one of two here I know of who can read energies at a distance and sort it, and pretty much everyone else here would tell you it cannot be done and that it is bs, but, it is what it is. I find nothing malevolent anywhere around you so will be leaving the topic for others to have a crack at it and get to know you better. I usually do not post an assessment, but your fear (and having a young child in house) really struck me and got my attention to Look. I hoped to ease your mind a bit. 

Others will be along and tell you what they think of your story, and backgrounds here differ greatly. You will find someone whose views agree with you. 

Edited by Not A Rockstar
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

Thank you for your post. I can't help but wonder how do you know it's not dangerous? Is it not possible to be physically harmed by a ghost? Is that just nonsense movies and books have made some believe myself included?

Nope, Nothing can hurt you.  Like @Not A Rockstar said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hollywood has made a lot of money off of ghost stories and demons. They are not about any facts. If they do not embellish the basic claims as truth and add in special effects they do not have a hit to profit from.

If you suspect ghosts can harm anyone, then explain the hundreds of ghost hunters who do this as a hobby and never are hurt unless they trip in the dark. Next time you hear someone running up the stairs, just yell at them to stop making noise, or stop running in your house. It will stop if YOU are serious and mean it and free of fear. 

Why that works is up to you to decide. Could it be that you have authority over your own space and people can do this to stop bs happening around them (authority)? Perhaps it works because in a way we manifest these things ourselves and just need to state out loud we do not want it to be manifesting(subconscious acting up and misfiring due to stress or something)? Or maybe its really nothing and never really happened (fantasy)? Or a normal cause we misinterpret (imagination/fear)? Haunting events reveal a great deal other than ghosties, you see. Most of the time they reveal subconscious issues with those experiencing them, more than anything else. But, not always. Sometimes things happen and there is no real debunking except to say either "no such thing" or "I don't know".

We deal with hundreds of people asking this sort of thing here. The truth varies. The majority are made up by bored kids who saw a scary movie, but a few are real and honest and interesting.

What does not vary is that ghosties cannot hurt you. What causes such a claim might, be it mental health issues, real life matters or people, drug abuse or just someone panicking and falling down their stairs can.

I have worked around this sort of thing for my whole life (I am 60 now) and this is my read of your situation there. I am one of two here I know of who can read energies at a distance and sort it, and pretty much everyone else here would tell you it cannot be done and that it is bs, but, it is what it is. I find nothing malevolent anywhere around you so will be leaving the topic for others to have a crack at it and get to know you better. I usually do not post an assessment, but your fear (and having a young child in house) really struck me and got my attention to Look. I hoped to ease your mind a bit. 

Others will be along and tell you what they think of your story, and backgrounds here differ greatly. You will find someone whose views agree with you. 

Thank you and yes it has put me more at ease. I do believe that stress has attracted it's attention because this Is not my home and I live with my ex who I hate being around. So my anxiety has definitely gone up. I will never deny the fact of what I heard and believing it was something but now that I know stress can attract it I will definitely try to find ways to decrease that. It's wild I watched a video on YouTube yesterday about how practicing yoga is way to the demonic world. I can't believe stretching and calming your mind could be considered evil. Theres so many talks of everything and for someone has ignorant as me in these subjects I really need to find reliable sources to study up on.

And I don't have view because I don't know so im confused when you say I will find someone who agrees with my views. If you mean the worry of it being evil then no i hope i don't find someone else that believes that it. I like you steering me away from that worry.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I found them very interesting and I hope that you find a solution if it is scaring you or your son. I've had some experiences too in the house I have lived in for the past 14 years. Interestingly, nothing happened until my first daughter was born. There have been noises and footsteps in the attic, the bathroom door flying open and my neighbour downstairs complaining of noise like we had builders in doing renovation but we weren't in and there were no builders! My daughter has also heard voices and my neighbour downstairs has heard what sounded like someone dancing around the house when we weren't in. I find it quite interesting rather than scary and have left whatever is causing it alone. If it escalates and scares my daughter then I may do something about it but it doesn't seem evil or malevolent, more like playful. I hope this is useful to you to allay any fears you may have.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much. I'm glad I keep getting posts about it not being of any harm. I don't normally scare easily I feel now my negative outlook is because im very protective of my son as they call it first time mom syndrome and the outrageous amount of stress I've been going through. Thanks again for sharing im easing up more about it :)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 9:35 PM, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

The first incident happened sometime between 5:30-6:00am. Me and my one year son just came back from the store and I was in the process of getting him out of his car seat, parked right outside of the front door of the house mind you. I heard three loud distinct knocks that sounded like it came from inside the house.

That sounds like a woodpecker.   Many times I will just hear them peck 3-4 times and be done.   Outside it echos and you can't really tell where it originates from unless it goes for another 3-4 pecks.