Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate change protesters Rebel in the UK

Eldorado

"Thousands of environmental protesters are hoping to ‘shut down’ London today in order to force the government to ‘declare a climate emergency’.
Activists led by the climate change group ‘Extinction Rebellion’, have come from across the UK, for what is described as an ‘international rebellion’."

Full report at the UK Metro: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/15/thousands-climate-change-protestors-descend-london-shut-capital-9203391/?

"A group of climate change protesters have took to the Finnieston Crane in Glasgow .

Four members of the Extinction Rebellion Scotland group began climbing the 175 feet tall structure by the banks of the River Clyde at around 5am on Monday."

At Scotland's Daily Record: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/climate-change-activists-climb-glasgows-14315549

"Climate change protesters have blocked Waterloo Bridge, sparking traffic disruption in central London."

At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47935416

Mind how you go!

• Like 1

fire water cannon and bars of soap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good for them. More people need to be up in arms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Podo said:

I've always had this idea. People who are up in arms over climate change. Or those who want to send foreign aid, or support migrant /refugees. Their should be at the bottom of everyones tax return a section of tick boxes. 

Tick box if you want to pay extra 10% tax to combat climate change. 

Tick box if you want to pay extra 3% tax to foreign aid. 

Etc.. Etc..... 

And lets see how many tick those boxes. 

It's like the children staying off school to protest over climate change. Did anyone explain to them that the internet contributes more co2 than all the airlines of the world combined. How many would give up their Internet/mobiles for the cause. None would be my guess, but they'd like me to give up my car or travel less by plane. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

It's like the children staying off school to protest over climate change. Did anyone explain to them that the internet contributes more co2 than all the airlines of the world combined. How many would give up their Internet/mobiles for the cause. None would be my guess, but they'd like me to give up my car or travel less by plane. 

I've yet to see any reduction in school traffic after they demanded the Govt ban their parents from driving them to school.  Although the roads are much quieter now all the hypocrites have flown off abroad for the holidays .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I've always had this idea. People who are up in arms over climate change. Or those who want to send foreign aid, or support migrant /refugees. Their should be at the bottom of everyones tax return a section of tick boxes. 

Tick box if you want to pay extra 10% tax to combat climate change. 

Tick box if you want to pay extra 3% tax to foreign aid. 

Etc.. Etc..... 

And lets see how many tick those boxes. 

Selfish dicks are exactly why such things should NOT be optional. We have proven that if we aren't controlled, humans will eat each other. If we want anything left of this planet in 100 years, we need to start caring about others, which clearly isn't going to happen on its own.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Podo said:

Selfish dicks are exactly why such things should NOT be optional. We have proven that if we aren't controlled, humans will eat each other. If we want anything left of this planet in 100 years, we need to start caring about others, which clearly isn't going to happen on its own.

Didn't think things were so bad in BC Canada, your still eating each other on the western frontier.

• Haha 3

Watching the news coverage from the other day.  Really, all I see are lost sheep.  Mankind's arrogance and self delusions of grandeur to think he is the dominant factor in Earth's alleged imminent destruction.  Looks like the protesters all have personal issues and feel guilty about something they've each done, and instead of dealing with their own issues, they think they can ignore them or absolve them by pretending to do a noble deed.  e.g.  like a burglar who feels guilty that they were not caught and now they donate to noble charities in a desperate attempt to cleanse their guilty conscience and feel better about themselves.  In other words, the protesters are most likely thinking about themselves first, and do not actually give two-pence for the environment.  Some just want a self-congratulatory pat on the back, some feel they must punish themselves and create a penance for their previous misdeeds, while others just want to feel included in their young social circle and feel hip and trendy and will follow 'the crowd' until it becomes a personal inconvenience to their lifestyle.

Wonder how many of them actually are hardcore environmentalists.  Less than 5% ?

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Watching the news coverage from the other day.  Really, all I see are lost sheep.  Mankind's arrogance and self delusions of grandeur to think he is the dominant factor in Earth's alleged imminent destruction.  Looks like the protesters all have personal issues and feel guilty about something they've each done, and instead of dealing with their own issues, they think they can ignore them or absolve them by pretending to do a noble deed.  e.g.  like a burglar who feels guilty that they were not caught and now they donate to noble charities in a desperate attempt to cleanse their guilty conscience and feel better about themselves.  In other words, the protesters are most likely thinking about themselves first, and do not actually give two-pence for the environment.  Some just want a self-congratulatory pat on the back, some feel they must punish themselves and create a penance for their previous misdeeds, while others just want to feel included in their young social circle and feel hip and trendy and will follow 'the crowd' until it becomes a personal inconvenience to their lifestyle.

Wonder how many of them actually are hardcore environmentalists.  Less than 5% ?

My guess is that most of them are true believers because they grew up hearing that their world only had about a decade left to live.  They've literally been preaching that since the 90's at least.  Causing headaches for working people and potentially causing medical emergency personnel from responding to critical events is simply selfish and unacceptable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

David Attenborough is doing a programme tonight, on BBC 1, about climate change. where he warns we'll have ten years before we all die. expect the climate protestors to be out in force.

I think he'll make a compelling argument that many can disagree with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00049b1

Edited by stevewinn

Reminds me of the disaster film '2012'.  All the money that went to tackle 'climate change' was spent on building giant Ark ships designed to protect only the rich and famous in the event of a major natural disaster.  Makes sense that the elite class would manipulate the public for their own benefit.

Update:

Police Officers dancing with protesters... https://twitter.com/WildlifeCafe/status/1118647837091299328

"Sajid Javid said the climate activists "have no right to cause misery" and the Met Police "must take a firm stance".

Met chiefs have also condemned footage of officers dancing with protesters"  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47974244

"Heathrow Airport braces for climate protest 'shutdown' tomorrow"  https://news.sky.com/story/live-three-charged-as-climate-change-protesters-launch-new-swarm-11696964

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

it has nothing to do with climate change which we can not control,  liberal fascists are attempting to take over uk, 

"Climate change" is one of the greatest money generating schemes ever conceived. Why are you protesting carbon tax? Don't you want to save the whales? By the way, we need to allocate another $25 million tax money to our solar energy research. 

Spoiler

India

9.jpg

China

image.jpg

Brazil

2017-01-12t112450z-1366218042-rc15cdeab9

• Like 1

These spoilt little rich kids, squealing about  "CLIMATE CATASTROPHE! IMMINENT DANGER OF EXTINCTION OF HUMAN LIFE ON PLANET EARTH!!!" , why don't they do a bit of research as to the relative proportions of Greenhouse Gas emissions (assuming for now that that really is the cause, and ignoring for now that they've been predicting climate change catastrophe for a good 30 years now, and still none of their predictions of imminent apocalypse have actually come true) from various sources and which countries are most responsible for the production of same, rather than disrupting everybody in London? Why don't they chain themselves to railings in Delhi or Beijing, for example? 

• Thanks 3

This is a rather apposite quote I quoted somewhere else recently:

"A secret report, suppressed by US Defense Chiefs and seen by the Observer, warns that major European Cities will be Sunk beneath Rising Seas as Britain is plunged into a "Siberian" climate by 2020 .. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will spread throughout the world! ... Deaths from War and Famine will run into the millions until the planet's population is reduced by such an extent that the Earth can cope. Rich areas like the USA and Europe would become "virtual fortresses", to prevent millions of migrants from entering, after being forced from land drowned by sea level rise!!" :o

That's the kind of prediction that well, I know us ignoranuses don't understand Science, and we need the Experts to explain it all to us <_<, but that's the kind of hysteria that does tend to plant a little seed of cynicism in the minds of people who haven't become fully paid-up subscribers to the religion of Climate Change. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2019 at 12:22 AM, Podo said:

why aren't they up in arms about the sun, since there is a (heretical) school of thought (which obviously the scientific establishment has done all it can to shut down) that the behaviour of the sun, and sunspots and so on, may well, astonishingly enough, be a not inconsiderable factor in temperatures on Earth?

• Like 1

Here are quotes from world leaders and royal figures from 2015.  Fully appreciate why people distrust political globalism.

China - President Xi Jinping

“Tackling climate change is a shared mission for mankind.  Let us join hands to contribute to the establishment of an equitable and effective global mechanism on climate change, work for global sustainable development at a high level and bring about new international relations featuring win-win cooperation.”

USA - President Obama

“The United States of America not only recognises our role in creating this problem, we embrace our responsibility to do something about it.”

Rome - Pope Francis

“Every year the problems are getting worse. We are at the limits. If I may use a strong word, I would say that we are at the limits of suicide.”

Tuvalu - Prime Minister Sopoaga

"Governments must show the strongest leadership to limit “the effects of climate change which we strongly believe is also the cause of radicalism and terrorism. The plight of refugees we see today and increasing terrorism and radicalism represents a small measure of what the world, mankind, will face if we do not tackle climate change."

France - President Hollande

“To resolve the climate crisis, good will, statements of intent are not enough. We are at breaking point." 

"We have to leave our children more than a world freed of terror, we also owe them a planet protected from catastrophes.”

Russia - President Putin

“Russia will continue to contribute to joint efforts at preventing global warming.”

United Kingdom - Prince Charles

“If the planet were a (hospital) patient, we would have treated her long ago. You, ladies and gentlemen, have the power to put her on life support, and you must surely start the emergency procedures without further procrastination.”

“Humanity faces many threats but none is greater than climate change.”

“In damaging our climate we are becoming the architects of our own destruction. We have the knowledge, the tools and the money to solve the crisis.”

United Nations - Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon

“I urge you to instruct your negotiators to choose the path of compromise and consensus. Bold climate action is in the national interest of every single country represented at this conference. The time for brinksmanship is over.”

Zimbabwe - President Mugabe

Re - Developed countries - "They burden us for cleaning up the mess they have created."

Turkey - President Erdogan

“The international community is on the verge of a new era in combating climate change.  Our responsibility is to sign a fair, inclusive and legally binding agreement.”

I can understand why political leaders want to scare the public for their vote, but people like Prince Charles and the Pope really should not go down that path, because they are directly or indirectly calling for political change which I'm sure is not part of their job description.

Edited by Aaron2016

2 hours ago, Aaron2016 said:

Here are quotes from world leaders and royal figures from 2015.  Fully appreciate why people distrust political globalism.

China - President Xi Jinping

“Tackling climate change is a shared mission for mankind.  Let us join hands to contribute to the establishment of an equitable and effective global mechanism on climate change, work for global sustainable development at a high level and bring about new international relations featuring win-win cooperation.”

USA - President Obama

“The United States of America not only recognises our role in creating this problem, we embrace our responsibility to do something about it.”

Rome - Pope Francis

“Every year the problems are getting worse. We are at the limits. If I may use a strong word, I would say that we are at the limits of suicide.”

Tuvalu - Prime Minister Sopoaga

"Governments must show the strongest leadership to limit “the effects of climate change which we strongly believe is also the cause of radicalism and terrorism. The plight of refugees we see today and increasing terrorism and radicalism represents a small measure of what the world, mankind, will face if we do not tackle climate change."

France - President Hollande

“To resolve the climate crisis, good will, statements of intent are not enough. We are at breaking point." 

"We have to leave our children more than a world freed of terror, we also owe them a planet protected from catastrophes.”

Russia - President Putin

“Russia will continue to contribute to joint efforts at preventing global warming.”

United Kingdom - Prince Charles

“If the planet were a (hospital) patient, we would have treated her long ago. You, ladies and gentlemen, have the power to put her on life support, and you must surely start the emergency procedures without further procrastination.”

“Humanity faces many threats but none is greater than climate change.”

“In damaging our climate we are becoming the architects of our own destruction. We have the knowledge, the tools and the money to solve the crisis.”

United Nations - Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon

“I urge you to instruct your negotiators to choose the path of compromise and consensus. Bold climate action is in the national interest of every single country represented at this conference. The time for brinksmanship is over.”

Zimbabwe - President Mugabe

Re - Developed countries - "They burden us for cleaning up the mess they have created."

Turkey - President Erdogan

“The international community is on the verge of a new era in combating climate change.  Our responsibility is to sign a fair, inclusive and legally binding agreement.”

I can understand why political leaders want to scare the public for their vote, but people like Prince Charles and the Pope really should not go down that path, because they are directly or indirectly calling for political change which I'm sure is not part of their job description.

ok, so someone said something, what is the big deal?

9 hours ago, aztek said:

ok, so someone said something, what is the big deal?

Their voices carry much weight and can influence young radicals to do foolish things (run away from home and join a radical group) because they think their actions have been sanctioned and justified by world leaders, celebrities they idolize, and the royal family who influenced them indirectly to carry out radical acts to prevent climate change.  Just like recruiting members of ISIS and flying to Syria because young minds have been radicalised by clerics and the internet.  Celebrities, politicians, the Pope, and the royalty family all have a responsibility to uphold and they are helping to contribute to this mess which is a burden on the police and the public.  We can easily condemn clerics who indoctrinate young minds, and yet we approve and promote the actions by the elite who influence and subvertly indoctrinate the most vulnerable in society (children and teenagers) to carry out radical acts.

Back in 1913 Emily Davison tried to stand in front of the King's horse and attach a scarf which held the colours of the suffragette movement.  There could easily be gullible young minds today who want to try and pull this kind of stunt and could be killed just like Emily.  They might even not have the confidence to something like this before, but now today after watching BBC propaganda, and being influenced by the social elite class they do have the confidence to break the law, and risk killling themselves and others in the process e.g.  Falling off a tall building while trying to attach a flag, or smashing shop windows and burning down people's lively-hoods, and standing in front of trains and airport runways.  All because people they respect and admire (world leaders, celebrities, and royalty) have opened their traps and effectively given them the green light of approval to carry out these radical acts.  They should partially share the blame when young people are arrested, injured, or killed.

Edited by Aaron2016

climate change or not we are slowly destroying this planet.

in my lifetime. 1982 to present. the world population as gone from 4.4Bn to 7.4Bn. by the time im 60yrs old, - world population is estimated to be 9.5bn. a 5.1bn increase during that lifetime. that's unsustainable. in 1800 there wasn't even a billion people on planet earth. To day there are more people living in China 1.4bn than existed in the entire world. a mere 219 years ago. in fact their neighbour India as a population of 1.3bn.

Its clear if were to save our planet were going to have to kill the country 'other' :D

World_population_percentage.png

• Haha 2