Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate change protesters Rebel in the UK

Eldorado

44 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

"Green energy" isn't going to save us but stopping wanton pollution by the developing world might. 

Embargoes and sanctions like oil from Iran. 

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Well, that and a serious lack of environmental regulations and oversight. You don't create "smog cities" by leaving too many lights on. We are bickering about solar panels and CFL bulbs while Mexico dumps blue jean dye in to the local river and China literally dumps boatloads of garbage in to the Pacific ocean on the daily. How many millions can I donate to offset that?

"Green energy" isn't going to save us but stopping wanton pollution by the developing world might. 

And how do you get them to stop? You provide a cheaper, green alternative. 

I just came across this viedo that's somewhat relevant, in fact I think it's the first place I've found that shows it in such an easy to comprehend way. Co2 emissions bny country: (assuming for now that climate change is (a) a thing, and (b) is entirely due to man-made Co2 emissions.)  Take it away: 

So there perhaps ought to be some pointers as to where Extinction Rebellion(TM) ought to direct their attention.

• Thanks 2

anyone can make any video they want, you tube video is not anywhere close to a proof, or even an  evidence,  that is the response i get often when i post such videos. 

11 hours ago, aztek said:

anyone can make any video they want, you tube video is not anywhere close to a proof, or even an  evidence,  that is the response i get often when i post such videos. 

well yes, but I'm sure those statistics must be verifiable. It's not like someone in their bedroom just saying things.

This article is a classic illustration of how despicably manipulated the Young People of Today are by the Climate Change Fear Industry and whoever it is that's manipulating them (you can't tell me it's all down to the leader of the new children's Crusade, Saint Greta). It seems to completely rob them of an ability of critical thinking or to think anything for themselves, they're just brainwashed to chant slogans. One of their banners against climate disaster asked plaintively: “Grandpa, What does a snowman look like?”

:rolleyes: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

well yes, but I'm sure those statistics must be verifiable. It's not like someone in their bedroom just saying things.

Yes but remember, to convince aztek, you have to go increasingly red, shout a lot and sell dodgy pills. 

THEN you'll be a reliable news source. 

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

why not??    it is just as likely as the opposite,  when a proof presented comes from sources that need to be verified, it simply dismissed. regardless of whether it is right or wrong.

Edited by aztek

In the news...

"Protesters from Extinction Rebellion have taken over a Waitrose to stage a mass ‘die-in’. The climate change rebels lay on the ground pretending to be dead to sound the alarm about the need to protect our planet.

Dozens of them, including parents with their children, filled the aisles as other shoppers tip-toe around them to reach the supermarket shelves."

Full story at the Metro: https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/26/climate-protesters-play-dead-children-waitrose-9324401/

Taking toddlers along on a political protest.  :(

On 18/04/2019 at 1:05 PM, and then said:

My guess is that most of them are true believers because they grew up hearing that their world only had about a decade left to live.  They've literally been preaching that since the 90's at least.  Causing headaches for working people and potentially causing medical emergency personnel from responding to critical events is simply selfish and unacceptable.  

Earlier actually. When I was a kid scientist were telling us there was a new ice age on the way....now everything is getting warmer....wish they'd make their minds up.

Actually I find these protesters very selfish. They're only worried about the human race surviving, I say carry on until we're all dead, then the planet will carry on quite happily without us. Let the insects take over.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Right now, today UK energy production. 63.8% coming from clean (None C02 energy sources) (wind,Solar, Hydro, Nuclear) coal at 0%. Oil at 0% Gas at 20%. Bio.mass 5.2%. remaining % imported.

Edited by stevewinn

On 27/04/2019 at 3:35 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Earlier actually. When I was a kid scientist were telling us there was a new ice age on the way....now everything is getting warmer....wish they'd make their minds up.

What happens is that heat melts the ice, which cools underwater sea currents, which then brings on an ice age.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Actually I find these protesters very selfish. They're only worried about the human race surviving, I say carry on until we're all dead, then the planet will carry on quite happily without us. Let the insects take over.

Since the 1960s scientists have been saying that CO2 emissions would lead to warming..   But back then they also thought interglacials all lasted 10,000 years - and the current one began about 10,000 years ago.  So ..... a new ice age must be imminent.  Added to which, at the time, mid 20th century pollution (sulphates, etc) was causing global cooling, so we were actually seeing a cooling trend occurring..   Since then, of course, those 1960s predictions have proven true and the effects of CO2 have come to dominate.

Now, all else being equal, we should be seeing a slight cooling trend, especially at higher latitudes, because axial tilt is declining so the poles receive less sunlight.  But, as we've discovered since the 1960s, this in itself will not be enough to trigger an ice age. 

Of course, this doesn't stop some from still peddling the imminent catastrophic ice age idea -  just as some still predict planet Nibiru.

Climate change protesters... Did they gatheread their trash and doo doo in their hands (plastic bags "VERBOTEN") , or did they come up with something "green"?