Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Washington State democrats....

RoofGardener

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Forget about the current President.  Grandfather him in.

I'd be on board with that. It actually may just be the best thing for America if rather than trying to contain the current regime and their scams we make moves to ensure the conditions that have led us here no longer exist.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The exact same argument can be made for that FBI agent though. The fact is they both have access to sensitive information that people would be willing to pay money for.  We as a nation have decided that people with that kind of access to that kind of information have to prove they arent a risk due to financial insolvency, it just makes sense that the same should be extended to all folks with access to that kind of information.

That aside I asked someone else earlier : would you be comfortable with a candidate becoming POTUS after secretly being on Soros' payroll? Or should there be some defenses built in to ensure the American public knew who was financing the person they were voting for? IDK it just seems like common sense to me.

And yet you’ve not answered how a tax return will prove they’re not in the employ of Darth Rupert, The Kremlin or Oprah Winfrey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And yet you’ve not answered how a tax return will prove they’re not in the employ of Darth Rupert, The Kremlin or Oprah Winfrey.

That really depends on how smart of a criminal they are. It will show their income, holdings and expenditures. As the old saying goes follow the money.

In addition to criminality as Tatetopa has pointed out the returns could show they hold stocks or property which could bias their decision making - particularly important if theyre of foreign origin.

You also have the real possibility that by hiding their tax returns they open themselves up to blackmail in addition to the potential risk of bribery. Thats why the agencies require credit monitoring.

10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course not, seperation of church and state and all of that.

IMO its worth sorting through whatever unintended consequence type scenarios in order to make this law stand. I would assume the big picture goal of these states is to pressure the federal government to adopt the same measures.

On a federal level we require anyone with access to intelligence to prove their financial status on a regular basis (FBI, Secret Service etc) I simply cant wrap my brain around the logic that says those people need to prove their financial status yet the man with the nuclear codes doesnt.

That simply comes across as dangerous partisanship to me.

That was just an example, but it could be anything that is not illegal.   

I'm on board with candidates being required to submit their tax returns to the public.   I think it is a good thing.   But if it is not legally required, I think it is BS for a state to leave them off the ballot for it.   Like I said, it opens a can of worms.   States could leave people off ballots for any reason they want.   

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I'd be on board with that. It actually may just be the best thing for America if rather than trying to contain the current regime and their scams we make moves to ensure the conditions that have led us here no longer exist.

Yes, the truth of it is, we have bigger fish to fry.  

• Like 1