Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Notre-Dame cathedral

keithisco

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

According to the AFP, there is nothing left, roof gone, interior gone, firefighters debating pulling back as they expect the unbuttressed walls to collapse. 

Also, fire no accident. Apparently 3rd such church fire in Paris in the last two months. 

Macron has pulled an insurance job after months of yellow vest riots have bankrupted the treasury lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The modern scaffolding still standing. 

Yeah but it did not take 200 years to put up. 

• Like 1

The Brexit God has punished France with a well placed lightening bolt after their meddling to stop the UK leaving lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Macron has pulled an insurance job after months of yellow vest riots have bankrupted the treasury lmao

Apparently he's turning up on scene. You know the whole thing is going to collapse now. Keep him away. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Apparently he's turning up on scene. You know the whole thing is going to collapse now. Keep him away. 

No, no, no, let him in lmao.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Wheres Jesus. 

Or God.

To many it is not the religious side which means anything, the building was an iconic landmark.

But to the religious, wonder if they will asking questions, i would if i were religious - then i would become a non believer. 

On the religious side of this, as a non believer i feel this is proof enough there is no god. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

On the religious side of this, as a non believer i feel this is proof enough there is no god. 

What???  :wacko:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

In case it collapses on him?

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

A loss of such a venerable and iconic structure is a tragic loss to the world and humanity.

Besides, post-apocalyptic sci-fi writers will have one less structure to destroy...

• Like 2

---

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

this is why atheists are so loved by the world as a whole.  

I'm not an atheist and it would've been demolished by something eventually. All such things come and go. War, weather, nature, entropy takes it all away.

I'm not being "insensitive". I'm pointing out the obvious. Yes, it's a part of history. But one day the pyramids won't exist. The ruins in Roman won't exist. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Here's the thing: if this was committed by a migrant/Muslim/terrorist/minority, they probably wouldn't tell you for fear that some patriot would retaliate by burning down a Mosque. There are countless examples of under reporting or mis-reporting of migrant crimes to soften public tension. This fire may have been caused by renovators. Or it might have been caused by someone else, given the widespread desecration of cemeteries and Churchs in France. 

:rolleyes: How on earth are Muslims likely to have been able to cause that undetected? 

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What???  :wacko:

Yeah i know.

Was really replying to the Jesus question.

To me this is a shocker as i have been there many times and it meant a lot to my catholic French relatives.

There are the obvious questions of how could this posibly happen,  this has happened at a very religious time of year for the religious people, do they question how could their god let this happen? Anytime would be bad enough, but around Easter is even worse.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not an atheist and it would've been demolished by something eventually. All such things come and go. War, weather, nature, entropy takes it all away.

I'm not being "insensitive". I'm pointing out the obvious. Yes, it's a part of history. But one day the pyramids won't exist. The ruins in Roman won't exist. 

True, time crumbles (or in this case burns) everything.

• Thanks 2

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

True, time crumbles (or in this case burns) everything.

Glad someone gets it. Thanks.

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's just an old building. Something would've destroyed it eventually. 

Even sadder is  that what has destroyed it was - man.

If it had been a natural disaster then it could be accepted b- sort if, but those who were suppose to be saving it, have destroyed it.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Thanks 1

Just to make something very clear to you Vlad. Just because I don't follow any religion. Doesn't mean that I don't admire the architecture of it. Many of those old structure are a work of art. I often greatly admire the time, energy, and effort that people put into such things. Do not assume my point is out of hate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Even sadder is  that what has destroyed it was - man.

In the end, humanity's cause of death will be a suicide. And we'll probably take everything with us. 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In the end, humanity's cause of death will be a suicide. And we'll probably take everything with us. 

You just went real dark real quick lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

I agree that it is probably from renovation.  Somebody was still drunk from the weekend.  However, to consider other possibilities, Islamic Hijrah is one, but also it could be that the YellowJackets are responsible.  But it could also be Macron trying to eradicate a backward religion and will fiddle while it burns and blame his political opponents.  Not good in any case.  It is a loss of world culture.

Just get back under your rock.