Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So scared I called the police

Noquestiontoprecisenoise

First of all thanks to all of those who responded to my first post about my two recent experiences. Due to all of the encouragement I would now like to share my first experience that i mentioned before about being so scared I called the police. To also recap this situation is what caused me to second guess my self in telling anyone I know about my recent ones because of how crazy i appeared to everyone explaining my first to people. Im so thankful I found this site which makes me no longer afraid to share.

It was 10 years ago at my parents house and I was with my boyfriend at the time while my parents were out of town which was the number one rule I was breaking. By then I had been sneaking boys around for years so i knew what to listen for when being rebellious. Also by that time I've lived in that house for 12 1/2 years which is in the middle of the woods so I didn't scare easily which was also due to the fact that me and my family got off on scaring eachother half to death for fun.

So it all started when me and my past boyfriend were in the living room playing around while watching "adult" movies the decided to go to my bedroom to continue the fun, leaving the tv on. When we were done I noticed the volume of the tv was extremely low compared to what it was when we left it and i automatically started panicking thinking my parents had come home. I told my boyfriend to stay in my room while I looked for my parents. I started looking around ready for all hell to break lose when I walked through the sitting room that's next to the living room thinking they were in their bedroom. The strong smell of my dad's aftershave was very overpowering so I was sure there was no doubt they were there. Before getting to their bedroom I was hearing the sound of their drawer handles like it sounds when their opening the drawers so more panick. Finally in their bedroom I realized that no one was there. My next move was to look outside to see if their were any vehicles and their were none so I went back to my bedroom explaining to my boyfriend all that I heard and started laughing because apparently I was just being overly paranoid. Then I started asking him if he realized the noise on the tv was lower then we left it and he agreed. I then told him to follow me to the sitting room and ask if he could smell aftershave and he was like yeah where did that come from because we were there for awhile beforehand and it definitely didn't smell like that. So we went back to my bedroom where he started getting ready to leave for work when I started hearing footsteps like it was coming from the kitchen and I started freaking out telling him someone has got to be here please don't leave. Well he had to so off he went. After he was gone I went back to my bedroom and starting hearing the footsteps again but now they sounded like they were wet sqeaking on the hard wood floor. So I called my parents freaking out saying im freaking out thinking someone is here. My mom told me to bring the dogs in to check it out and they did their inspection and nothing. Once again I went back to my bedroom to calm down with the dogs. But my heart wouldn't stop pounding and i had my door closed with a knife in my hand because once again I heard the sqeaking footsteps. I then called my boyfriend crying because it was getting louder begging him to come back. When he did get back I was too scared to go through the house so I went out of my bedroom window shaking badly. Not long after I heard the front door open and shut and footsteps going from the sidewalk then nothing. We were at the side of the house out of view of where the noise came and he told me to call the cops. I really didn't want to because it was against how i was brought up never call the police but i was so scared I caved and did it anyway.  Of course it was a waste of a call they didn't find anyone and I was crazy.

I know it sounds like i was just overly paranoid about my parents catching me but I wasn't initially until the tv and smell had been altered. Also like i said I been sneaking boys around for years before then so I still don't understand why that one time my paranoia would have got a hold of me so badly. That was the first and last scary experience like that that happened there. So other than people replying with those kind of comments what else do you think? 

Edited by Noquestiontoprecisenoise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

after i got past your boasting of promiscuity i don't find this anything past normal occurrences or mind games,

DVDs VHS etc can have poor audio that does wax and wane on its own, i had a TV A few years back that was a few years old out of no where it would either peg full volume or drop to zero the remote had no effect.

many times odors smells can linger, hide get trapped, come out, being into incense, perfumes, oils etc for all my life i have expereced that countless times, its not ghosts.

as far as doors opening closing foot steps etc,  i have to ask did you have substances at your little party?

• Like 2

First of all I wasnt boasting just being detailed for readers to better understand the situation and why it wasn't just mere paranoi due to my actions. Second they had been gone for two days by then and like i said in the post we were there way beforehand knowing the smell was not there before we went to my bedroom. And thirdly no. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

So other than people replying with those kind of comments what else do you think? 

To me, it sounds like the type of story I've heard a hundred times before. Just wanted to say that footsteps, smells, sounds, electronic equipment abnormal behavior are typical of paranormal activity. Any further details here are beyond me. One thought, and it comes with no certainty, is that someone non-physical wanted to discourage the behavior that was going on at the time?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

To me, it sounds like the type of story I've heard a hundred times before. Just wanted to say that footsteps, smells, sounds, electronic equipment abnormal behavior are typical of paranormal activity. Any further details here are beyond me.

Yes that is what I thought too. It wasn't my parents but maybe relatives that have passed?

One thought, and it comes with no certainty, is that someone non-physical wanted to discourage the behavior that was going on at the time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Probably fear and imagination working hand in hand. 

Always a possibility without any real evidence.

• Like 1

Old houses floor boards can squeak as someone is walking. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Old houses floor boards can squeak as someone is walking. 

Very true but I like I said in the post at that time I had live in the house for 12 1/2 years so I knew all of the houses creaks and moans. And in this situation that floorboards were squeaking while no one was walking and in rooms we were not in while it was happening

Do you remember what the weather was like during this experience?

That might account for some of the noises going with the house as well.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

Very true but I like I said in the post at that time I had live in the house for 12 1/2 years so I knew all of the houses creaks and moans. And in this situation that floorboards were squeaking while no one was walking and in rooms we were not in while it was happening

They can squeak when no one is walking :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And again for third time after 12 1/2 years of living there i knew all of the houses natural noises

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Do you remember what the weather was like during this experience?

That might account for some of the noises going with the house as well.

It was a beautiful sunny day 

1 minute ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

And again for third time after 12 1/2 years of living there i knew all of the houses natural noises

Over time a house can develop new problems. Foundation sinking, nails and screws coming loose. Hot and cold weather can cause boards to expand and contract, causing all kinds of noises in older places. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Over time a house can develop new problems. Foundation sinking, nails and screws coming loose. Hot and cold weather can cause boards to expand and contract, causing all kinds of noises in older places. 

I realize that and I also know what it sounds like when someone is walking in that house. But I get it im being mocked so be it. It is what it. Thanks for all the interest from skeptics. It makes so much more sense from others who don't know the house to act like they know it better.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

But I get it im being mocked so be it.

I doubt you're being mocked. From what I can tell, people are trying to offer you helpful suggestions. 

I'm going to ask you a very simple question, no offense meant by it in any way.

"Do you want this to be paranormal?"

All I need is a simple yes or no answer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

I realize that and I also know what it sounds like when someone is walking in that house. But I get it im being mocked so be it. It is what it. Thanks for all the interest from skeptics. It makes so much more sense from others who don't know the house to act like they know it better.

I'm not trying to mock. But, you don't have to know a specific house in order to believe there's a simpler explanation for common noises than ghosts trying to keep you from banging your bf. It's more likely that somebody broke into your house just to turn your tv down and stomp loudly and then politely sneak out actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would rather it be that then thinking it was an actual intruder.

Just now, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

I would rather it be that then thinking it was an actual intruder.

You may have to face the reality of it being a possible intruder. Which means better security measures need to be taken. Bolt locks on doors. Motion lights. Video surveillance. Best to be safe than dead.

• Like 3

I had two dogs with me later like I post on my post an italian bull mastive and a rotweiller so if it was an actual person they would have let me know

20 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I'm not trying to mock. But, you don't have to know a specific house in order to believe there's a simpler explanation for common noises than ghosts trying to keep you from banging your bf. It's more likely that somebody broke into your house just to turn your tv down and stomp loudly and then politely sneak out actually.

I apologize for taking offense.

• Like 1

@Noquestiontoprecisenoise You've been presented with some good rational explanations for what you experienced. But if we were to assume the incidents were indeed caused by something paranormal, what in your mind would this 'something' be? A ghost? And, if a ghost, what kind of ghost? For example, would this ghost be material or not? In other words could it slam doors or could it go through them? And how could it recreate your father's aftershave scent (and why for that matter)? Furthermore, why play with  dresser drawers? If this paranormal entity could do everything you think it did, then it would have to be material, would it not? So why didn't you see anything?

I mean seriously, think about it.

• Thanks 1

I did think about all of that I thought it was an intruder that's why I brought the dogs in and called the police. So my mind is confused to the whole thing. If i knew why their would be no reason for me to be asking for outside perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

I know there's Trolls but i do beleive that most people here is not mocking you just giving you some views from another perspective or trying to rule out things you may not have thought about. I once saw a ghost and have experienced  some other pretty weird stuff myself most of it can be explained cause the human mind is a terrible thing to taste. anyways where is um's own expert on these things  @Piney

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1