Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So scared I called the police

Noquestiontoprecisenoise

Just now, Impedancer said:

I know there's Trolls but i do beleive that most people here is not mocking you just giving you some views from another perspective or trying to rule out things you may not have thought about. I have seen and experienced  some pretty weird stuff myself most of it can be explained cause the human mind is a terrible thing to taste.

I understand I do apologize for taking offense. I shouldn't have gotten frustrated with it all. I have thought about all of those ideas. I know what it sounds like when someone is walking through that house though and to have lived there the longest I know something was not right that day. To consider everything involved; I was completely sober, not paranoid until weird things started happening, a variety of very distinct noises, smells, actions, trying to laugh it off yet it continued to happen,bringing the dogs in to inspect, calling the cops, just seemed like responses of regular house noises that I know how to detect was contradicting. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

I did think about all of that I thought it was an intruder that's why I brought the dogs in and called the police. So my mind is confused to the whole thing. If i knew why their would be no reason for me to be asking for outside perspective. 

An intruder is the most likely possibility given the sound of footsteps and of the front door (not to mention, the drawers) opening and closing. He may have splashed himself with your father's aftershave (or by sheer coincidence used the same one). There is nothing in your story that smacks of the paranormal. Just because the dogs didn't go after him, doesn't mean he wasn't there. Whatever the case, calling the police was the smart thing to do. 

• Like 1

mocking you? no,

I imagine to some or most who do not know me i come off like 80 grit against sharks skin, its not my intention to offend or coddle but to listen, share, learn and be entertained here, which i am.

do i believe in the paranormal? no, not at this moment but its a huge subject i dont paint with a pinstripe brush,

in your experence it all can easily be explained by down to earth prosiac explanations of natural things and your mind running wild, i did get the impression you were nervious about your rebellious behavior that can and does get the mind running.

weve been in this new place about 4 years built around 1909 a former b&b  speak easy etc,

the lady we bought it from was adamant its haunted, we have seen zero to prove that, the foundation has been tweaked its got a huge basement and attic and we hear noises and have smells all the time, i would love for it to be haunted, i love campy horror like munsters, adams family, beetlejuice but i havent see anything to prove to me this joint has spooks.

while it may seem impossible smells will just pop up and seem like magic i have a closet like that, all kinds of noises can happen, we hear music eithin the house from time to time, a true believer would say ghosts of the bands thst would play in the foyer when the house was new.

if you want your experence to be paranormal thats fine but you will have to understand that if a person doesnt see it that way they are not personally insulting you to not share your belief.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, the13bats said:

mocking you? no,

I imagine to some or most who do not know me i come off like 80 grit against sharks skin, its not my intention to offend or coddle but to listen, share, learn and be entertained here, which i am.

do i believe in the paranormal? no, not at this moment but its a huge subject i dont paint with a pinstripe brush,

in your experence it all can easily be explained by down to earth prosiac explanations of natural things and your mind running wild, i did get the impression you were nervious about your rebellious behavior that can and does get the mind running.

weve been in this new place about 4 years built around 1909 a former b&b  speak easy etc,

the lady we bought it from was adamant its haunted, we have seen zero to prove that, the foundation has been tweaked its got a huge basement and attic and we hear noises and have smells all the time, i would love for it to be haunted, i love campy horror like munsters, adams family, beetlejuice but i havent see anything to prove to me this joint has spooks.

while it may seem impossible smells will just pop up and seem like magic i have a closet like that, all kinds of noises can happen, we hear music eithin the house from time to time, a true believer would say ghosts of the bands thst would play in the foyer when the house was new.

if you want your experence to be paranormal thats fine but you will have to understand that if a person doesnt see it that way they are not personally insulting you to not share your belief.

True story. No worries :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

An intruder is the most likely possibility given the sound of footsteps and of the front door (not to mention, the drawers) opening and closing. He may have splashed himself with your father's aftershave (or by sheer coincidence used the same one). There is nothing in your story that smacks of the paranormal. Just because the dogs didn't go after him, doesn't mean he wasn't there. Whatever the case, calling the police was the smart thing to do. 

An intruder was definitely my main concern hence why I brought the dogs in and called the police. Do you know what would prevent a dog from not sensing an intruder? 

54 minutes ago, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

An intruder was definitely my main concern hence why I brought the dogs in and called the police. Do you know what would prevent a dog from not sensing an intruder? 

Dogs rely on scent and the strong smell of your father's aftershave may have thrown them off. The scent was familiar to them, which is why they did not react to it.

• Like 1

Logically, I'd have to go with some kind of intruder. Was the boyfriend with you the whole time? Might he have been pranking you? 

If it was an intruder, lucky that they left and didn't hurt you. Was anything stolen?

As a UM member, I'd suggest a host of some kind, as that seems match up with your story. Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, but many do.

Psychologically, I think probably you were just being scared of getting caught and so noises and smells you would normally ignore seemed strong. You peaked you friends senses by telling him your observation, so then he smelled/heard things too.

As a Christian I'd also consider an angel trying to protect you. To scare you into not getting to carried away. Or, conversely, something evil was messing with you.

I think the dogs hold the best clue. They didn't detect an intruder. Also, supposedly, dogs can detect ghosts, and angels, so I feel the best answer is you were just overreacting to normal sounds because of fear of being caught by your parents.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Logically, I'd have to go with some kind of intruder. Was the boyfriend with you the whole time? Might he have been pranking you? 

If it was an intruder, lucky that they left and didn't hurt you. Was anything stolen?

As a UM member, I'd suggest a host of some kind, as that seems match up with your story. Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, but many do.

Psychologically, I think probably you were just being scared of getting caught and so noises and smells you would normally ignore seemed strong. You peaked you friends senses by telling him your observation, so then he smelled/heard things too.

As a Christian I'd also consider an angel trying to protect you. To scare you into not getting to carried away. Or, conversely, something evil was messing with you.

I think the dogs hold the best clue. They didn't detect an intruder. Also, supposedly, dogs can detect ghosts, and angels, so I feel the best answer is you were just overreacting to normal sounds because of fear of being caught by your parents.

Ok thank you. I can't help but ask something that has always confused me? What Do you mean as a Christian you don't believe in ghosts? As a Christian don't you believe in the Holy ghost?

Sounds like maybe a friend pranking you.   That would explain why the dogs didn't bark it up.  

• Like 1

i just dont make a jump to paranormal supernatural here.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, Noquestiontoprecisenoise said:

Ok thank you. I can't help but ask something that has always confused me? What Do you mean as a Christian you don't believe in ghosts? As a Christian don't you believe in the Holy ghost?

Holy Ghost is just another name for the Holy Spirit, one of the three personalities of God. So the only "ghost" is God. 

The Bible basically says people die and go to one of several places.... Hades... Heaven... Or the Grave. The grave is where non believers go, to wait on the day of Final Judgement. Basically, they are just dead, and inactive. Everyone else goes to a "waiting" Heaven, or a "waiting" Hell. I say "waiting" because after the Final Judgement, there is a New Heaven, and the evil people are cast out of the universe into the "Fire", of eternal separation, loneliness and torment.

There's no room, I believe, for wandering human spirits. What the Bible does allow for are angels and fallen angels, who roam about doing this and that.  The fallen ones like to trick people into false beliefs. Such as alien abductions, ghostly visitations, or even belief in fairies.

I'm not 100% sure on this all, so I'm going to do some quick research, but that is basically way I believe I've read, or been taught.

Here is a link...

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/ghosts

Mainly lines up with what I wrote. It does say that people tried to communicate with the dead, but not that the spirits of the dead went about.

Edited by DieChecker