Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
marsman

Scientists design machine to predict future

3 posts in this topic

marsman
Posted (edited)

Presented with the fact that the future presents a myriad of possibilities whose numbers grow exponentially as more time elapses, researchers went on to create a device which can examine all possible futures by placing them in a quantum superposition.

A team of researchers from Australia’s Griffith University and Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University recently developed a prototype quantum device that can generate all possible future outcomes in a set system.

According to the Griffith University’s official website, despite the fact that the future basically presents a vast number of possibilities which increase exponentially the deeper we go into it, the scientists realised that a quantum computer can examine all possible futures by placing them in a quantum superposition – “similar to Schrödinger’s famous cat that is simultaneously alive and dead”.

https://sputniknews.com/science/201904101073989858-quantum-device-future-prediction/

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length. The rest can be viewed in the source link.
  • Like 1

Piney
35 minutes ago, marsman said:

algorithm

Is not a true

36 minutes ago, marsman said:

artificial intelligence (AI)

and it drives me nuts when they use it for one.

37 minutes ago, marsman said:

This realisation drove the team to create a specially devised photonic quantum information processor "in which the potential future outcomes of a decision process are represented by the locations of photons", demonstrating that the state of the device was a "superposition of multiple potential futures, weighted by their probability of occurrence".

Predicting where something will possibly be is not the who, what and when.  :yes:

marsman
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Is not a true

and it drives me nuts when they use it for one.

Predicting where something will possibly be is not the who, what and when.  :yes:

give it time buddy.....one of my mates is a gambler.....every friday and saturday i can reliably predict he can be found in the bookies shop