Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Tiggs

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

2,384 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Tiggs

The Mueller Report: https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

This is a continuation of the "Russia probes kick into high gear thread", that can be found here.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

I think I can hear the sound of Democrats (or at least, liberals) weeping from here ! (and I'm in the UK :P )

No collusion by the Trump team. 

No misrepresentation by Barr. 

It will be interesting to see how MSNBC spins THIS one ! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)

Thought I'd check back in and just note that this ended exactly as I predicted when it started, no crimes, all BS and breathless hypothesyzing and finaly a report full of nothing but innuendo and mean-girl gossip to give the leftists some raw meat to assuage their sorrows and continue this ridiculous narrative.  Also, not at all surprised to note the usual suspects refuse to admit they were wrong, at least as far as I could read in the suddenly closed thread.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
Posted (edited)

First impressions seem to be:

  • Not enough 'beyond reasonable doubt' evidence to charge anyone in the campaign with a crime relating to Russian interference
  • Literally tens of examples of collusion or attempted collusion did occur, however (we already knew that), and the report lays them all out
  • Something like ten separate instances of obstruction
  • Special Counsel specifically mention not charging the president with obstruction because it's the job of Congress to charge a President, not the DoJ. Basically handed it off to Congress to decide (one of the quotes: “We concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a president’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.”)

So likely both sides will claim victory. Republicans will claim 'no collusion', which isn't really true even though there are no charges. Dems will claim 'all these examples of collusion mean he's guilty', which isn't really true since the evidence barrier has not been met.

Republicans will claim 'no obstruction', which just simply isn't true. Dems will claim 'obstruction!', which doesn't really matter since they're impotent to do anything about it. 

 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So likely both sides will claim victory. Republicans will claim 'no collusion', which isn't really true even though there are no charges. Dems will claim 'all these examples of collusion mean he's guilty', which isn't really true since the evidence barrier has not been met.

Republicans will claim 'no obstruction', which just simply isn't true. Dems will claim 'obstruction!', which doesn't really matter since they're impotent to do anything about it. 

So further to @Merc14's post, nothing has changed in 2 years and hundreds of hours of posting and discussion. Each side still believes whatever they initially believed about Trump.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14

 

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

So further to @Merc14's post, nothing has changed in 2 years and hundreds of hours of posting and discussion. Each side still believes whatever they initially believed about Trump.

Except one side was completely right and one side was completely wrong as per Mueller's report.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

So further to @Merc14's post, nothing has changed in 2 years and hundreds of hours of posting and discussion. Each side still believes whatever they initially believed about Trump.

Not quite. Less people believe that the campaign's countless contacts with Russians amount to a crime. And probably also less people from the other side believe that the campaign is exactly innocent (read: not the legal 'innocent') with their contacts with Russia.

A bucketload more, after reading the relevant materials from the report, will now be without much doubt at all that Trump committed obstruction.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

 

Except one side was completely right and one side was completely wrong as per Mueller's report.

That just isn't reality

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

 

Except one side was completely right and one side was completely wrong as per Mueller's report.

I think it's far more accurate to see it as neither side was completely right or completely wrong, personally. But I guess you're just determined to put yourself in one of my categories above instead of looking at it impartially, so have at it.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

That just isn't reality

Did you claim there was collusion?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

lmao, another one?  if that is not a clear sign of desperation idk what is, lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

That just isn't reality

We don't deal in realities in the US anymore. Just whatever BS you can find on a random website to support your claims. Then you just hurl insults in generalized directions and pretend like you're the king of all things. Rinse. And. Repeat.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Did you claim there was collusion?

Several instances of collusion are outlined in the report. 

Like Expand said, neither side was right. It's erroneous to claim such.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imaginarynumber1
4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

We don't deal in realities in the US anymore. Just whatever BS you can find on a random website to support your claims. Then you just hurl insults in generalized directions and pretend like you're the king of all things. Rinse. And. Repeat.

Such is life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Socks Junior
13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not quite. Less people believe that the campaign's countless contacts with Russians amount to a crime. And probably also less people from the other side believe that the campaign is exactly innocent (read: not the legal 'innocent') with their contacts with Russia.

A bucketload more, after reading the relevant materials from the report, will now be without much doubt at all that Trump committed obstruction.

Actually, the report counted all the contacts with Russians.  Not quite countless. 

Oh, weird, has Trump been charged with obstruction? I must have missed that in the report.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think it's far more accurate to see it as neither side was completely right or completely wrong, personally. But I guess you're just determined to put yourself in one of my categories above instead of looking at it impartially, so have at it.

There was a a side that said Trump and/or his team colluded with Russia to change the election results and the side that said he/they did not collude with Russia to change the election results.  The latter is completely right, as per Mr. Mueller, and the former was completely wrong. Seems very simple to comprehend as the languse was quite clear.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Oh, weird, has Trump been charged with obstruction? I must have missed that in the report.

Nope, but you apparently did miss my previous post where I stated that the report makes clear that it is the job of Congress to level charges against a sitting President. Basically they've said 'here's the mountain of evidence of obstruction, elected officials, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to do anything about it'.

In other words, it's the job of Congress, not the DoJ, to charge a President with a crime. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

There was a a side that said Trump and/or his team colluded with Russia to change the election results and the side that said he/they did not collude with Russia to change the election results.  The latter is completely right, as per Mr. Mueller, and the former was completely wrong. Seems very simple to comprehend as the languse was quite clear.  

I dunno. Giving internal polling data to Russians for them to use in whichever way they see fit and receiving information in return would appear to be collusion to me. Apparently not a crime, but definitely collusion. What would you call that example? 

People seem to be under the impression that collusion is the legal definition for a specific crime. It's not. I don't think anyone has ever been charged with 'collusion'. It's a description of the behaviour of two or more people/organisations. There are plenty of examples of the Trump campaign carrying out this behaviour with people from or connected to the Russian government. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nope, but you apparently did miss my previous post where I stated that the report makes clear that it is the job of Congress to level charges against a sitting President. Basically they've said 'here's the mountain of evidence of obstruction, elected officials, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to do anything about it'.

In other words, it's the job of Congress, not the DoJ, to charge a President with a crime. 

Actually...doesn't the report say that there was no evidence of obstruction?  yeah...I think it does.  So...it's a mute point.  No collusion, no obstruction!  The witch hunt is over and they found no witches.  Now, the Main Stream Global Leftist Media wants to change the subject to something else.  It's over.  Forget it...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

at this point it is perfectly clear, it is NOT an investigation, it is a campaign to FABRICATE and FALSIFY EVIDENCE.   no matter what they will say they found, it will  no doubt be a LIE. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
13 minutes ago, joc said:

doesn't the report say that there was no evidence of obstruction?

Nope.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
15 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

There are plenty of examples of the Trump campaign carrying out this behaviour with people from or connected to the Russian government. 

And probably,  if we looked, the same level of activity by Hillary Clinton.

Probably Trump also had contacts with The UK, Japan, China, Israel.... But those are OK since there's no Putin involved there.

Trump clearly wanted to try another "Reboot with Russia", and chose some of his people due to their contacts. I don't find that supposition surprising.

If Clinton had been on his team, doubtless she would be qualifying as one of the collusionists of his administration. Given her background and her contacts.

Basically, I think Barr already summed it up. There was not enough evidence, or open motive, to charge anyone else.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

i have no problem with trump seeking better relations with russia, 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

So further to @Merc14's post, nothing has changed in 2 years and hundreds of hours of posting and discussion. Each side still believes whatever they initially believed about Trump.

We could have spent all that time watching sports for the last two years, and the same nothing would have happened.  If we had been woodworking or knitting we could have had a nice bookshelf or a sweater.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

What the report "says" is that a massive abuse of justice has occured. 

You know, an "unfair or improper legal action initiated with selfish or malicious intentions."

And now the Trump-deranged-media is not gonna stop trying to cover this fact up.

It's Watergate in reverse.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.