Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

once upon a time folks cared about America

Oh the irony.

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Oh the irony.

It really truly is ironic, just 3 or 4 years ago I would have said the roles were completely reversed from what they are today.

19 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man once upon a time folks cared about America.

Make America Great Again? Watch it, pal! Antifa might mistake you for the opposition.

maga-hat.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

I believe that Impeachment is now guaranteed.

Oh mam that seems so crazy.  Even Democratic voters are sick of this and ready to move on to dealing with other issues important to America. Bit you are probably right, some are dead set on impeachment.   If any of them are smart at all, they will see that they are digging themselves into a hole and all the Republicans have to do is throw a little dirt on top.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh mam that seems so crazy.  Even Democratic voters are sick of this and ready to move on to dealing with other issues important to America. Bit you are probably right, some are dead set on impeachment.   If any of them are smart at all, they will see that they are digging themselves into a hole and all the Republicans have to do is throw a little dirt on top.   

The Fruitcake Faction in the House, that tiny group of greenhorns and nuts to the left of the Far Left may or have already introduced articles of impeachment. I don't think Nancy will let it get anywhere. She's too shrewd a politician to risk losing the House over an impeachment that never had a chance.   

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Wait!  You have been watching the coverage of all this by the Globalist Leftist News Media?  You should have been woodworking or knitting.  All they do is spout propaganda and lies....so...if you have been watching them...you would have been better off with your head in the sand at the beach.

Well actually no.  I get my fill on UM.  Here I can get both sides, and point counterpoint too. I do have a nice new workbench in the garage, some sliding drawers to store quilts under the bedframe and the start of a floor to ceiling , six ft. wide maple bookcase. If the next two years are quiet, I might get nightstands and a chest of drawers done in some cherry I have been saving.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This raises an interesting philosophical question.  If a congressman believes that impeachment is proper but is a political loser, is it an abdication of duty for that congressperson to not pursue impeachment?

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

The Fruitcake Faction in the House, that tiny group of greenhorns and nuts to the left of the Far Left may or have already introduced articles of impeachment.

I think those people will go on to Medical Insurance and the Green New Deal pretty quickly.   If they start talking about it, the Republicans may even have to respond with their cheaper and far better than Obamacare plan as promised.

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

This raises an interesting philosophical question.  If a congressman believes that impeachment is proper but is a political loser, is it an abdication of duty for that congressperson to not pursue impeachment?

Wouldn't it be an abdication of responsibility to commit political suicide and allow the House to fall back into the hands of the Republicans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think those people will go on to Medical Insurance and the Green New Deal pretty quickly.   If they start talking about it, the Republicans may even have to respond with their cheaper and far better than Obamacare plan as promised.

More likely the third option; wedge Nancy Pelosi and her moderate voices of reason firmly between the two extremes, and put healthcare reform on the backburner until after the election.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Wouldn't it be an abdication of responsibility to commit political suicide and allow the House to fall back into the hands of the Republicans?

I guess thats the question. Is the responsibility to do what the office holder feels is morally correct for the nation or is it their responsibility to do what is expedient for the party? While I would argue that when speaking of impeachment the two should be automatically separated I guess thats probably a good follow up, are the two actually separate?

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I guess thats the question. Is the responsibility to do what the office holder feels is morally correct for the nation or is it their responsibility to do what is expedient for the party? While I would argue that when speaking of impeachment the two should be automatically separated I guess thats probably a good follow up, are the two actually separate?

I'm going to give you the greatest compliment I could possibly bestow. You are completely incapable of thinking like a politician.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well of course I grew up hearing about  heroes like Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie at the Alamo.    There is a kernel deep in the American psyche and folklore  to fight for what is right even if there is no chance of winning. A Congressman colud public ally state that he or she believes impeachment is the right path, but it is not winnable.  There  is  duty to constituents to do your best to serve their needs, and most ordinary citizens are worried about health care, their  jobs,the possibility of being replaced by  robots, trade with China. maybe the environment.  Those are important too and need attention. If I were in a town hall with my Congressman, I would tell him to put his effort into other issues

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

. Is the responsibility to do what the office holder feels is morally correct for the nation

I would say yes to that.  I am really sick of parties, at least the two big ones.

Isn't that partly what the Mueller report did?  Here they said are a number of things we found, we have a lot of evidence, but not intent, and certainly no chance of indicting a sitting president.  That was practical fact, maybe not the full exoneration some claim.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well of course I grew up hearing about  heroes like Davy Crockett

Weird you mention these guys. Crockett has been probably the closest thing to an "idol"  ive ever had in my life.

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If I were in a town hall with my Congressman, I would tell him to put his effort into other issues

My pragmatic side agrees with you......IDK that it could convince  the rest of me could go along with that though LOL

• Like 2

You're not going to get rid of Trump by Impeachment. You're going to have to do it the old fashion way. No, no, not that way! Through the Electoral Process, silly!:rofl:

Edited by Hammerclaw

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

So that's where Jimmy Hoffa wound up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Umm, his entire post was about Trump's Obstruction of Justice. Reading comprehension is something you lack entirely huh?

Yes, because he was replying to a poster who specifically tagged him to ask him his opinion on obstruction. That's the only reason he posted.

Which is what I already told you in my previous post, before you then accused me of having reading comprehension issues. 

And his conclusion was that obstruction does not meet the necessary criteria for a conviction, just in case you missed that. So it appears that he isn't in any way 'digging in'. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

29 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yes, because he was replying to a poster who specifically tagged him to ask him his opinion on obstruction. That's the only reason he posted.

Which is what I already told you in my previous post, before you then accused me of having reading comprehension issues. 

And his conclusion was that obstruction does not meet the necessary criteria for a conviction, just in case you missed that. So it appears that he isn't in any way 'digging in'. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Just curious..

Do you agree with Tiggs assessment?

Perhaps, toss him a 'like'.

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Just curious..

Do you agree with Tiggs assessment?

Perhaps, toss him a 'like'.

On obstruction? No. 

6 hours ago, joc said:

Kind of a no brainer though isn't it?  Yes it is!  Because, you know damn well if they had evidence of obstruction...it would be in there!  They don't.  So instead of saying...we found no evidence...mmmm hmmm...all that so the Global Leftist Media can continue their narrative.  It is painfully obvious Setton...are you really so dutifully duped by the media and Obama's corrupt justice dept?

But they don't say 'we found no evidence'. They say 'we found lots of evidence but not enough to meet our thresholds. Maybe Congress would like to look at it further?'. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Accept none of that happened.  You were wrong again, as usual.   Hey, the report left enough rubbish for people like you to chew on, scream about and post silly justification like this right up till 2020, just as predicted so you dig in Tiggs, don't give up.  ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, but as the National Security question’s been resolved, I’m just playing bartender now.

Drink?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but as the National Security question’s been resolved, I’m just playing bartender now.

Drink?

Large whisky with soda water please, Tiggs :) 

Oh.. and have one for yourself. :D

Here's my reading of the situation.. from 3000 miles away. 

The American Public where told by the MSM (well, the left-wing part of it anyway) that the Meuller Report would reveal Trump's Collusion With The Russians. For almost two years. They where adamant about this... there was no room for doubt. It WAS going to happen because the President WAS guilty !

Now the report - in essence - says "no collusion. Well, that's not QUITE what it says, but I think that is the message that most people will take away from it. However, the left-wing media will continue to bleat that... "no no no.. you've got to read between the lines. Anyway.. OBSTRUCTION". 

I think the American Public will regard this as a desperate attempt to re-spin the facts. In light of the previous assurances from the MSM that "Trump will be found guilty of collusion", I predict a significant reduction in the credibility of the MSM news outlets. This could even translate as an increase in support for Trump on the run-up to the 2020 elections. 

The more that the Democrats try and expand this "Obstruction" meme... the more that various democrat-controlled committees start distorting their purpose to "get Trump", the more that public discontent will grow. Once more, this will likely translate into support for Trump in 2020. 

The Democrats - with help from media outlets like MSNBC, CNN, The New York Times, and the Washington Post - are committing electoral suicide. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Large whisky with soda water please, Tiggs :) 

Oh.. and have one for yourself. :D

Cheers :)

* Slides a large whisky with soda down the bar *