Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

17 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Yes, I agree. I think that Trump was just a useful idiot to them. Trump is likely hurting them less than Hillary would have though, so they probably see that as a win even though he is not good for business for them, he is just the lesser of two evils to them.

Seriously?  In what way?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Seriously?  In what way?  

Trump has shot down increased sanctions against Russia a few times (and eventually reneged and allowed some of those sactions to be implemented), whereas Hillary likely would have been far tougher against them. There are good reasons why Putin was terrified of Hillary, she was/is VERY anti-Russia and was advocating for severe sanctions on them. She called out his ballot box stuffing/election tampering in his own country back in 2012, she was secretary of state when the Magnitsky act was passed. Basically, she was VERY tough on Putin, far more than Trump ever has been, and that is why Russia tried extraordinary measures to hurt her election chances.

In comparison Trump is by far one of the weakest presidents when it comes to confronting Russia we have ever had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

I don't think they are working for Trump, they ARE however working to destablize/weaken/divider our society, and it sure looks like they have succeeded beyond their wildest expectations. So as long as Trump is dividing and weakening our society they will support him. The instant he becomes a unifying figure, they will switch gears, but we all know that winning the lottery is more likely than that every happening lol

WTF!?

Yes, they have constantly been trying to destabilize our society for quiet some time and that includes under Obama.  They probably didn’t need to do much as they saw what was going on here, a Balkanization of this country as the government was being weaponized against its own people.  For the explicit reason to maintain power to the Plantation.

The only thing Trump is dividing and weakening is the ruling elite of that Plantation.  It has been this Plantation that has been destroying this country.  Trump is putting a stop to this.  Why to you think that TDS has gotten so acute among the Progressives and their minions?  Trump *IS* making this nation great again and the people are seeing it, not just the Deplorables.  The next two years are going to be ugly for Progressives and they won’t be able to help themselves.  I don’t think Russia has to do anything because they’ve put their investment into the MSM because Trump has been, is, and will be a unifying figure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Trump has shot down increased sanctions against Russia a few times (and eventually reneged and allowed some of those sactions to be implemented), whereas Hillary likely would have been far tougher against them. There are good reasons why Putin was terrified of Hillary, she was/is VERY anti-Russia and was advocating for severe sanctions on them. She called out his ballot box stuffing/election tampering in his own country back in 2012, she was secretary of state when the Magnitsky act was passed. Basically, she was VERY tough on Putin, far more than Trump ever has been, and that is why Russia tried extraordinary measures to hurt her election chances.

In comparison Trump is by far one of the weakest presidents when it comes to confronting Russia we have ever had.

Trump's .economic policies have done the most damage to Russia via oil prices than sanctions ever did plus we have very strong sanctions in place on Russia.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

There are good reasons why Putin was terrified of Hillary, she was/is VERY anti-Russia and was advocating for severe sanctions on them.

Yeah right, that’s a good one.  She was on Putin’s payroll.  She would have been found out and then she would have taken us to war against Russia.  Obama’s apparatus was organized to spy on our own people, not go to war.  Putin would have had our lunch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

What exactly is he damaging?  Be specific.

Everything. Including the reputation of his parents, because who can not wonder who the hell raised that... person?  

He is utterly recklessly advertising and enhancing the divisions in your society.

He has also created complete chaos internationally, with his unfathomable ignorance.  

I don't know what's worse, to think he - and his sect - truly can't understand what they're doing, or that they're doing it knowing exactly how much suffering it may bring. 

The only thing he has not damaged yet is the 'ignorant, obnoxious Americans' stereotype. Fortunately, there's plenty of your countrymen that are neither ignorant nor obnoxious, and they have my deepest sympathy at this time that will be remembered and ridiculed for centuries to come.  

• Haha 1

^^From the above-linked article:

(CNN)The partisan warfare over the Mueller report will rage, but one thing cannot be denied: Former President Barack Obama looks just plain bad. On his watch, the Russians meddled in our democracy while his administration did nothing about it.

Barry does appear worried, of late.  And he should.

He needs to be brought before congress to answer a few tough questions.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

:blink: I can guarantee that part will be ignored though. It has always been my contention.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

I don't trust your side to do the right thing, because your side ignores reality and nothing good comes from that mentality.

I don't trust politicians from either side...

It was very sad and telling of the state of the American voter when just last week Pelosi spoke about how in her and AOC's districts they could have won running a glass of water with a "D" next to it...

None of the "informed" and enlightened voters out there spoke out and said "NO you rickety old b****,we are not your trained gophers,we vote for what we believe is right!"

These people know they have the American public trained and can gloat about it with absolutely zero blowback!

Divide,conquer,checkmate...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

^^From the above-linked article:

Barry does appear worried, of late.  And he should.

He needs to be brought before congress to answer a few tough questions.

Meh...he can worm his way outta anything...."It's racist :angry:"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting, true, but a little slanted.  Didn't Starr report his findings with all of the ugly details while testifying before a Congress hostile to President Clinton?  If Clinton had been as smart as the current President's team, the Starr report would have gone to Clinton's attorney general to summarize.  Clinton could have then come on TV to say, "You see I told you, I didn't have "Sex" with that woman int the Oval office.  Case closed."

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Slick Willie, but  this special investigation report was not handled in quite the same way.

I wasn't talking about White Water. I was referring to something he lied to Congress and the American people about and was impeached over.The Starr report had nothing to do with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I wasn't talking about White Water. I was referring to something he lied to Congress and the American people about and was impeached over.The Starr report had nothing to do with that. 

OK, thanks.  my memory lapse.  Slip of the tongue probably.

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Everything. Including the reputation of his parents, because who can not wonder who the hell raised that... person?  

He is utterly recklessly advertising and enhancing the divisions in your society.

He has also created complete chaos internationally, with his unfathomable ignorance.  

I don't know what's worse, to think he - and his sect - truly can't understand what they're doing, or that they're doing it knowing exactly how much suffering it may bring. 

The only thing he has not damaged yet is the 'ignorant, obnoxious Americans' stereotype. Fortunately, there's plenty of your countrymen that are neither ignorant nor obnoxious, and they have my deepest sympathy at this time that will be remembered and ridiculed for centuries to come.  

Um, okay?!   Wow, amazing that not a word of that is true but you still fervently believe it.  It is like studying an alien species.  A a card carrying member of the far left, do you think the democrat ledcongress will impeach despite Pelosi's wishes? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Um, okay?!   Wow, amazing that not a word of that is true but you still fervently believe it.  It is like studying an alien species.  A a card carrying member of the far left, do you think the democrat ledcongress will impeach despite Pelosi's wishes? 

Nancy knows doing so could be fatal for the 2020 elections. But AOC and the Israel hating Congresswoman are onboard, as well as Warren.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Nancy knows doing so could be fatal for the 2020 elections. But AOC and the Israel hating Congresswoman are onboard, as well as Warren.

That is what I am fervently hoping for but my logical side is saying no one is that crazy but then I read Helen's stuff and watch the lunacy going on with the two dozen candidates and think they just might. 

Oh yeah, Kamala's Dad just disassociated the family from her!  Priceless! :lol:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

OK.  Who does report  the truth then?  Or is everybody telling lies?

Either you believe somebody or you are living in a box making stuff up in your head.  How do you know if  anybody is telling you the truth?

Short answer is The Wall Street Journal non-editorial content, probably the best at simply passing along information. Not many folks there making mint off being sensational in either direction.

Honestly, local media on radio is often the best place to sift through the typical partisan nonsense from national media. Find some campy but intelligent local personality, if they haven't bashed both sides in a week, move on to the next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's an interesting coincidence that Russian troll machine and their meme factories worked and are still working for Trump. 

Well exactly. If you want to destabilise an Enemy you watch their news, read their newspapers, listen to their podcasts and then do exactly what you need to do, based on what you’ve discovered to destabilise the government. You don’t actually need to have anyone in the US in your pocket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Hillary was a Republican before she was a Democrat and Trump was a Democrat before he was a Republican.......  But hey,  knowing history and all that....

Hand to God I am not trying to be a dick, but I've wanted to comment on a couple posts and don't want to take a whole page doing so one at a time.

1. I agree with you that the dossier was not the original or sole impetus for the investigation. Will you stipulate that this Mueller thing likely never happens without the dossier though?

2. Where I may ruffle feathers...I know you were mostly being clever and witty, but isn't this post a small bit toward the specious side? Clinton was 21 when she was Republican, a college girl following the primary influence in her life up to that point, her father (with the mountain climber she was named after finishing a distant second). And Trump was then as he is now, being sensational based on what gave him the most exposure. Not many Republicans throwing swanky parties in NYC in those days, certainly none on the talk show circuit. I like what the guy is doing for the country as a whole, but we can't use his penchant for whoring for attention as a basis to conclude he was ever a Democrat then or Republican now. Wow, maybe I dislike the guy as much as some of you?!! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

I actually agree with this post of yours. Though I don't agree that I am a democrat, I am not. I vote for both republicans and democrats and I am not a registered member of either party.

Just because I disagree with a lot of your views on Trump does not make me a democrat.

Gotta be honest...the reasons most folks usually vote for Republicans, Trump is dominating. The reason most folks usually vote for Democrats, he's falling flat. Thus, you probably are a Democrat. And I truly mean nothing negative or derogatory by that. 

The only alternative is that you just dislike Trump personally and can't get past that no matter what good he does (relative to what most R voters want their guy/gal to accomplish). Nothing insulting meant there either, my better half has only recently agreed that is a fair description of her.

On a side note, off topic, I wish the mods could enforce a rule that every poster has to allow themselves to be vulnerable in one post per, I don't know, every 50. 49 out of 50 still allows folks to keep the opposition at a distance, but a 2% rule gives provides an opening to find potential friends in unexpected places. 

13 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Gotta be honest...the reasons most folks usually vote for Republicans, Trump is dominating.

Theres a little revisionist history in that statement he has wholly thrown out what were not too long ago Republican tenets.  Balanced budget? Smaller government? Honest Government? Moral leadership? Those are all undeniably tossed out the window. I would argue constitutionality is as well but understand the right will never own that so just set it aside.

Edited by Farmer77

28 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well exactly. If you want to destabilise an Enemy you watch their news, read their newspapers, listen to their podcasts and then do exactly what you need to do, based on what you’ve discovered to destabilise the government. You don’t actually need to have anyone in the US in your pocket. 

True dat!

Biggest error we've made as a country is becoming just divided enough to fail to comprehend we're all losing a little more each day. 

(BTW Sir, on your message boards, does American spelling of certain words (destabilize, color vs destabalize, colour) jump out at you like your spelling does for me? I've posted on message boards for nearly two decades and I still find myself unable to not pause when I see it. Obviously I am very limited! LOL)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

True dat!

Biggest error we've made as a country is becoming just divided enough to fail to comprehend we're all losing a little more each day. 

(BTW Sir, on your message boards, does American spelling of certain words (destabilize, color vs destabalize, colour) jump out at you like your spelling does for me? I've posted on message boards for nearly two decades and I still find myself unable to not pause when I see it. Obviously I am very limited! LOL)

American spelling isn’t that comprehension affecting, as your language is omnipresent (including in auto-correct). 

But if the odd letter difference is an issue, wait until you hit culturally specific words like gaol (jail).

32 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Hand to God I am not trying to be a dick, but I've wanted to comment on a couple posts and don't want to take a whole page doing so one at a time.

1. I agree with you that the dossier was not the original or sole impetus for the investigation. Will you stipulate that this Mueller thing likely never happens without the dossier though?

2. Where I may ruffle feathers...I know you were mostly being clever and witty, but isn't this post a small bit toward the specious side? Clinton was 21 when she was Republican, a college girl following the primary influence in her life up to that point, her father (with the mountain climber she was named after finishing a distant second). And Trump was then as he is now, being sensational based on what gave him the most exposure. Not many Republicans throwing swanky parties in NYC in those days, certainly none on the talk show circuit. I like what the guy is doing for the country as a whole, but we can't use his penchant for whoring for attention as a basis to conclude he was ever a Democrat then or Republican now. Wow, maybe I dislike the guy as much as some of you?!! 

1) It was already happening without the dossier from what was in the Mueller report's introduction into cause.  We could always compare what was in the dossier to what was in the report to gauge the level of influence the dossier had.  None of the allegations in the report listed the dossier as the source or even as supporting evidence that I recall seeing, however.

2) Not so much being witty but pointing out the serious flaw of judging because of a simple partisan label.  There is literally nothing stopping everyone in America from switching parties today and bringing their beliefs and platforms with them.  The labels are meaningless. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Theres a little revisionist history in that statement he has wholly thrown out what were not too long ago Republican tenets.  Balanced budget? Smaller government? Honest Government? Moral leadership? Those are all undeniably tossed out the window. I would argue constitutionality is as well but understand the right will never own that so just set it aside.

Elections based on talking points, I might agree. The few realists out there who know that those are terms for message board debates and who focus on realistic 2019 party issues, Trump has deregulated a lot of what Obama regulated, cut taxes and facilitated business growth that like it or not, has the economy doing very well, he's defending himself against a leftist media when most just took the beating, he's supporting our military, police and border protection and come out against late term and post-birth abortion. I guess my question is, if you truly are Switzerland in most elections, can you name a Republican who honors the four pillars you listed? I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary, most moderate Republicans hated that guy because he was too much of all those things. And they cringe at the idea of Pence taking over the country. Those items are sturdy Conservative tenets and most indies lean away from them. 

• Like 2