Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

11 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

SoAl,,, We all saw what Comey/Lynch did for Criminal Hilary prior to the election.  Were it me that won POTUS, the first thing I would have done is fire Comey and order the investigation of HRC for violation of the espionage act to be reopened. 

And Trump need not apologize for it either.

Yeah I forgot Lynch. That was stupid as hell of Bill. How obvious (or oblivious) can you be?

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can say that because the evidence supports what I'm saying. The evidence does not support your claim. It truly is that simple. I've already laid it out for you very clearly and provided the evidence to support my claim more than once. 

Long story short: Trump made the decision to fire Comey before that letter was produced. He made the decision to fire him before Rosenstein even gave Trump his opinion on Comey and Clinton. He had Rosenstein create the letter as an excuse to fire Comey.

For more details, read the replies I already made to you where I quoted numerous passages of the report.

Comey was fired after Rosenstein recommended it.  That is all that matters as we do not have thought police here yet.  Nothing was obstructed by Comey getting fired.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Well, sure, but they aren't responsible for that. Trump's actions and the actions of his campaign are to blame for the investigations, not two FBI agents.

But did those two play a part in it? On purpose? Did top FBI officials conspire to prevent the election of Trump using material donated by a foreign national?

The firing/resignation of both doesn't help IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'd say there's a better then even chance Trump will make it worse for himself by some scheme.

I agree the House will eventually act, but the votes for even a 50% vote, is not a done deal. Pelosi has said no, and her lieutenants have said no likewise. They're not likely to back down and loose face in this showdown. Impeachment would be divisive, not just between the left and right, but between the far left, and middle left. Divisiveness Pelosi wants to avoid for the sake of the 2020 election.

None of them have said no, since the release of the report. They're just warning caution at this point in time.

People seem to think that what happened after the Clinton impeachment, with regards to voter backlash, would be directly applicable to this situation, but the two situations are very different. With Clinton the impeachment was frivolous. He basically lied under oath about an affair which was bad but not really bad at the same time. With Trump it's a completely different beast. Obstruction and his general behaviour means that, regardless of what people like to claim, it's not a partisan witch trial. It's far more substantial.

Like I said, I think she's likely waiting to see what other investigations turn up. Deutsche Bank just released records of their financial dealings with Trump to the NY AG. Nancy will be hoping further investigations, like the one in NY, will produce evidence of crimes that not even the current Senate could ignore.

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Comey was fired after Rosenstein recommended it.  That is all that matters as we do not have thought police here yet.  Nothing was obstructed by Comey getting fired.

We don't need the thought police when Trump converted his thoughts into words. It's all laid out in the quotes from the report that I provided earlier, if you'd like to take a gander.

7 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

But did those two play a part in it? On purpose? Did top FBI officials conspire to prevent the election of Trump using material donated by a foreign national?

The firing/resignation of both doesn't help IMHO. 

According to Trump's IG, they did not. Did you forget that there was an investigation and report produced?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

EMM, even if  you are 100% correct here, SO WHAT?   Trump had every right and damn good reason to fire that fumbling fool, Comey.  Dereliction  of Duty is bare minimum he should be nailed for

So what? Eh, it would constitute obstruction of justice, is what. Which is a crime.

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So what? Eh, it would constitute obstruction of justice, is what. Which is a crime.

As I’ve said before.  Trump could have gone to Comey and told him that he was going to fire him because he was getting too close to the truth about collusion and it still would not be obstruction!  Is that clear enough?

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So all we going to do is charge people on obstruction charges for now on? If you try to stop them from harassing your family and friends, smearing you on live TV, and abusing the FEDERAL powers... it is considered obstruction of justice and you must be thrown into the deepest darkest jail cells. I don't think you see the full picture here. Top officials of the FBI and DOJ abused their powers to benefit Democrats with the aid of left-wing media to take down a duly elected president in a coup attempt, yet we should freaking charge the President with obstruction of justice who wanted to end this corrupt but was thwarted by his aids from doing what is technically the right thing? It is a completely different beast, yes it is. One president obstructed in an attempt to keep reputation clean due to cheating on his wife and the other TRIED & FAILED to obstruct a coup attempt by the FBI and DOJ for the left wing. So you would happen if they were successful in a coup attempt and getting away with abusing our institutions, giving them unlimited powers to bypass our constitution and forever stir the elections in the direction they want? These people are CORRUPT to the core and you side with them...

Let me make this simpler for you. You want to charge him for obstructing their coup attempt. That is basically what it is. There was no evidence of collusion, it was a coup attempt period by the Democrats, DOJ, FBI, and Left Wing Media.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

We don't need the thought police when Trump converted his thoughts into words. It's all laid out in the quotes from the report that I provided earlier, if you'd like to take a gander.

Thinking of firing Comey is not firing him.  Firing Comey is firing and it was justified as per Rod Rosenstein and many former AG's he queried.  Your anger about it is completely irrelevant and, frankly, ridiculous given the man's behavior.  Your main problem is you absolutely refuse to read anything that disagrees with regardless of how official it is.

47 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I got a question. Are we going to ignore the fact this was an obvious coup attempt by using partisan actions of the DOJ and FBI to attack Trump, mind you a president that half of United States citizens have voted for and stood behind? Also, we going also forget that Clinton, coming off the heals of her own probe into her mishandling of classified information and Uranium deal with Russia? This was all started at first to divert attention from Hillary Clinton's actions, then it mutated into this Russia/Collusion probe into Trump and his associates after he won the election on the order of James Comey. Peter Strozk have referred to this probe as an "INSURANCE" in case Trump wins the election. These people knew what they are doing. Really don't care who the target is, I care that this has happened and how it came to be. Using our federal powers to try to remove a duly elected president, regardless of either side, shouldn't have happened at all! Our justice system should be cleaned up, the citizens deserve better. No crime was committed, so now they are trying to get him on Obstruction charges before 2020 elections which they know Trump is going to win, they gave him the win through their corrupt and despicable actions. Instead of running off a platform, they went straight for nullifying half of United States choice and put their own in office. The worst part. The media who is supposed to be the vanguard to protect our nation against this crap, aided and abided these people in their coup against a duly elected president. And you wonder why trust in the media is at an all-time low? Most people are fed up with the lies, the smears, the slandering, the destroying people's lives, and the partisan attacks on the administration that they choose. These people are not kings and queens, they do not get to decide who we choose. If we wanted, we could put an extraterrestrial in as our president. They do not have the right to take that right away from us. The elites of our nations have shown their scorn for us, they want us to bend our knee to their will and say. It was about time they got taken down a peg or two by an outsider (Non-Career Politician).

Enough is enough.

They didn't want Trump in power since before he came in power. Remember the "never Trumpers?"

Then, when he did get elected right off there were talks of impeachment, especially from Maxine Waters and the other hard line never Trumpers, any reason, didn't matter, just impeach him.

Then along came a made up Russia collusion story which proven to be false. Yes, it took down people who cheated on finances, taxes etc.. but all this was seen as a mob boss and his cronies, or guilt by association. Further proof of Trumps corruption. :rolleyes:

Then came "obstruction." Trump firing Comey became a "obstruction" rallying cry, something else that is made up as Trump asked Comey three times if he was under investigation and James Comey said Trump was not under investigation.. If you fire someone who is not investigating you is that obstruction? Maybe if Trump had asked if he was under investigation and James Comey said yes, that would clearly be obstruction.

But we see how all this is playing out. Hey, If you didn't elect Madame President we will disenfranchise your entire voter base. Now she is telling congress what to do https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/hillary-clinton-tells-congress-to-treat-mueller-like-watergate/ar-BBWhxom

See how ingrained they have become in D.C? And poor old Trump, who messed all that up will be re elected. Look at all the Democratic losers running on the platform of "getting Trump" or such words, however it is spun. Bernie will screw up their dreams I suppose, unless Arkancide or a Seth Rich style (nothing taken) robbery cuts him off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

As I’ve said before.  Trump could have gone to Comey and told him that he was going to fire him because he was getting too close to the truth about collusion and it still would not be obstruction!  Is that clear enough?

Your opinion is clear enough. Your reasoning is straight up nonsensical.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Let me make this simpler for you. You want to charge him for obstructing their coup attempt. That is basically what it is.

That's simply your opinion and not even close to being a reasonable one. I know it's the far-right line - 'it's a coup! Treason!' and all that stuff - but it's a completely ridiculous claim, not in any way supported by evidence. The glaringly obvious clue to this is that they did not find (fabricate, if it were an actual coup) enough evidence for conspiracy charges. It's a pretty bad coup when you create an investigation with the sole purpose of taking down the target then don't follow through. 

3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Thinking of firing Comey is not firing him.  Firing Comey is firing and it was justified as per Rod Rosenstein and many former AG's he queried.  Your anger about it is completely irrelevant and, frankly, ridiculous given the man's behavior.  Your main problem is you absolutely refuse to read anything that disagrees with regardless of how official it is.

As I've said before, firing Comey and the justifications in Rosenstein's letter aren't the issue. They're not even relevant. We know that these were not the reasons that trump had him fired. The reasons were to stop an investigation of Trump and his campaign. 

I'm not in any way angry. In fact, I've been in quite a good mood for the past few days. Which parts of my posts project anger, to you?

You're saying that I refuse to read anything I disagree with? You're the one who hasn't read any of the report and obviously hasn't read any of my posts regarding the firing of Comey. Here's a taster:

That night, the White House Press Office called the Department of Justice and said the White House wanted to put out a statement saying that it was Rosenstein's idea to fire Comey.461 Rosenstein told other DOJ officials that he would not participate in putting out a "false story."462 The President then called Rosenstein directly and said he was watching Fox News, that the coverage had been great, and that he wanted Rosenstein to do a press conference.463 Rosenstein responded that this was not a good idea because if the press asked him, he would tell the truth that Corney's firing was not his idea.464 Sessions also informed the White House Counsel's Office that evening that Rosenstein was upset that his memorandum was being po1trayed as the reason for Corney's termination.

• Like 1

It's quite astounding that so many people are arguing points of this subject when they clearly haven't read the report. I mean the previous poster actually just brought up Seth Rich. There's a whole section in the report debunking that conspiracy theory. 

The part about Comey literally takes 10 minutes max to read.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Hmmm...... 

Well, lets cut through all the undergrowth. 

Trump is going to win a second term. Not necessarily because of his qualities, but because of the behavior of his opponents; both the 'declared' opponents such as the Democratic party, and his 'undeclared' opponents such as the "main stream media" and others. Including interventions by foreign powers. 

The American voters have watched all of this over the last 4 years. 

I look forwards to the coverage of the 2020 Presidential Elections by NBC, MSNBC etc.... 

If they had a meltdown - with presenters being OBVIOUS about their anti-Trump agenda - on 2016, just WAIT for their rage in 2020. 

We can debate this endlessly, but the voters will vote. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Your opinion is clear enough. Your reasoning is straight up nonsensical.

And you still can’t comprehend it.

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I mean the previous poster actually just brought up Seth Rich. There's a whole section in the report debunking that conspiracy theory. 

I see.  So in this case, you trust Mueller.   You believe it was a robbery attempt gone bad?

• 3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's quite astounding that so many people are arguing points of this subject when they clearly haven't read the report. I mean the previous poster actually just brought up Seth Rich. There's a whole section in the report debunking that conspiracy theory. 

The part about Comey literally takes 10 minutes max to read.

:rolleyes:

I feel kinda bad for EMM.  He's clearly very angry and spinning further and further away from reality.  Obviously, it would be best to simply accept the truth that the entire MSM narrative which had Trump guilty of wrongdoing has collapsed in a smoldering heap.  But that's really hard for some people, and time, lots of it, is the only thing that can soothe their seething rage and confusion.

So, I guess I'll lay off for a while...I sure wouldn't want to see someone do anything rash over any of this.

Wait...I can't resist dropping just one more nugget in the rapidly-forming hailstorm of truth:

New Clinton Emails Shed Light On Private Server And Communications

Judicial Watch uncovered another 756 pages of emails that were part of Hillary Clinton’s unsecured server revealing communications between some prominent controversial Washington figures and classified emails sent by former Prime Minister of England Tony Blair

The emails were part of the batch “Clinton tried to delete or destroy,” Judicial Watch, a Washington D.C. based government watchdog group stated in their press release. It showed that Clinton asked Blair to continue using her private email after her confirmation and also revealed that Blair was sending classified information on her unsecured server. In the emails (with links below), the then Prime Minister never questioned her use of the unsecured server or email address. The documents also reveal that Clinton was planning on setting up the server to use exclusively during her tenure as Secretary of State.

https://saraacarter.com/new-clinton-classified-emails-shed-light-on-private-server-and-communications/

;)

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:49 AM, RoofGardener said:

In other words, the judgement as to whether the President committed obstruction is NOT a legal question, but a political one ? 

MOST interesting !

Not political but falling into the wheel house of the powers designated to Congress as a coequal branch of government.  But who are we kidding, every move by both sides is nothing but political, it is just they have the power to do such.

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

For those on the left...

5cc1f4daec7be_raunisex_tshirtx2200e0e1dd_064437a66dfront-c3921467501000-bgf8f8f8.thumb.jpg.1d3e14255a8d65d06f31646d6adfd446.jpg

Thanks.  I am pretty happy with that.   We just added to the effort to drain the swamp a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

I got a question. Are we going to ignore the fact this was an obvious coup attempt by using partisan actions of the DOJ and FBI to attack Trump, mind you a president that half of United States citizens have voted for and stood behind?

Pretty excitable stuff.  

NOUN

• 1A sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

‘he was overthrown in an army coup’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
  • 2An instance of successfully achieving something difficult.

‘it was a major coup to get such a prestigious contract’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 2.1 An unusual or unexpected but successful tactic in card play.

• 3Billiards 
    A direct pocketing of the cue ball, which is a foul stroke.

• 4historical (among some North American Indian peoples) an act of touching an armed enemy in battle as a deed of bravery, or an act of first touching an item of the enemy's in order to claim it.

Oh, and this one:

How the Obama White House engaged Ukraine to give Russia collusion narrative an early boost

The January 2016 gathering, confirmed by multiple participants and contemporaneous memos, brought some of Ukraine’s top corruption prosecutors and investigators face to face with members of President Obama’s National Security Council (NSC), the FBI, State Department and Department of Justice (DOJ).

The agenda suggested the purpose was training and coordination. But Ukrainian participants said it didn’t take long — during the meetings and afterwards — to realize the Americans’ objectives included two politically hot investigations: one that touched Vice President Joe Biden’s family, and one that involved a lobbying firm linked closely to then-candidate Trump.

That makes the January 2016 meeting one of the earliest documented efforts to build the now-debunked Trump-Russia collusion narrative and one of the first to involve the Obama administration’s intervention.

Telizhenko said U.S. officials told the Ukrainians they would prefer that Kiev drop the Burisma probe and allow the FBI to take it over. The Ukrainians did not agree. But then Joe Biden pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to fire Ukraine’s chief prosecutor in March 2016, as I previously reported. The Burisma case was transferred to NABU, then shut down.

But what is already confirmed by Ukrainians looks a lot more like assertive collusion with a foreign power than anything detailed in the Mueller report.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/440730-how-the-obama-white-house-engaged-ukraine-to-give-russia-collusion

I hear Joe Biden decided to announce his candidacy today...so he's running after all.  Question is, from what?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

So we just continue to let Democrats and the Far left continue to do probe after probe after probe after probe, then allow Republicans to respond in kind with the probe after probe after probe. Let's face it. Due to their blinding hatred for the man we know as Trump, they have split this nation into two factions and set them against each other. I for one don't want to see every election dominated by probes this, probes that... partisan attacks on both sides of the party. You know this is a blatant abuse of the federal institutions of our nation. Their actions are downright treasonous in my opinion. 

Will they be treasonous when you do the probes on the next Democratic President?

Stupid and pointless and counterproductive, yep, but treasonous?  

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Maybe on the plus side, if these probes of every deal of every campaign, and tax record continue. Maybe the "Swamp Dwellers" will cease to run for public office.

That would be  a great boon for all Americans.

41 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That would be  a great boon for all Americans.

uh huh...  I'm afraid that expecting these swamp creatures to stop running for office is like expecting Marie Antionette to abdicate because her peons don't like her.  Ha!  :P

what up Tatman

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps