Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That goes too far.  No person grounded in reality would risk or suggest that.

Seriously? I personally know people firmly "grounded in reality" hoping it happens.

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Seriously? I personally know people firmly "grounded in reality" hoping it happens.

The disruption and damage from an event like that would not be inconsequential to our country nor end quickly.  I suppose you could be grounded in reality and still be a sociopath or dystopian.

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The disruption and damage from an event like that would not be inconsequential to our country nor end quickly.  I suppose you could be grounded in reality and still be a sociopath or dystopian.

Yeah and imagine the political consequence of an unsuccessful attempt or wounding.

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That goes too far.  No person grounded in reality would risk or suggest that.

Some of us just recognize it for common sense.  Or do you not remember Congressman Scalise?  What the 5th column and the Left have been attempting is nothing less than a coup.

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, I'm SURE that THIS time, you've "got 'im"  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, susieice said:

A secret meeting in order to topple the President? Smells like treason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

A secret meeting in order to topple the President? Smells like treason.

Now, now.  According to Trump Jr's lawyers, treason can only be committed in a time of war. https://www.gq.com/story/treasonsplainer

4 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, I'm SURE that THIS time, you've "got 'im"  :w00t:

Well he does make it easy.  Having his own (former) personal lawyer testify before congress that he committed bank fraud and supplying paperwork, going on TV and asking for Russian hacking help, stonewalling at every opportunity after a 200 pages of report saying he obstructed justice....  And that's just a fraction of what he has done.  If half of his associates are being ordered not to testify and the other half only say bad things about him, it doesn't really make him look good. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now, now.  According to Trump Jr's lawyers, treason can only be committed in a time of war. https://www.gq.com/story/treasonsplainer

Well he does make it easy.  Having his own (former) personal lawyer testify before congress that he committed bank fraud and supplying paperwork, going on TV and asking for Russian hacking help, stonewalling at every opportunity after a 200 pages of report saying he obstructed justice....  And that's just a fraction of what he has done.  If half of his associates are being ordered not to testify and the other half only say bad things about him, it doesn't really make him look good. 

Actually, that's just a fraction of what he has NOT done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm pretty sure we are in an official time of war. I think it's a perpetual state.

• Like 2

The really pathetic aspect of these continual "gotchas!" is that they still believe they'll work.  SMH.  TDS is real... who'd a thunk it...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Here's the results of the meeting. Pelosi is still urging investigations and it seems most Democrats agree.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mounting-pressure-pelosi-hold-emergency-impeachment-meeting-wednesday/story?id=63178175

William Barr was a highly respected ex AG and current AG in the eyes of both parties who cleared President Trump of any wrongdoing based on the Mueller report, and who has now lost the respect of the Democratic congress for doing so. It was his job, not congresses to make that judgment. Rod Rosenstein signed to start the investigation, and he also cleared President Trump of any wrongdoing based on Bob Mueller's report. He also, has lost the respect of the Democratic congress for doing so.

If either of these top two Justice Department officials had seen any sign that President Trump was a serious threat to the constitution, I am positive they would have taken action. All the above is "political."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

William Barr was a highly respected ex AG and current AG in the eyes of both parties who cleared President Trump of any wrongdoing based on the Mueller report, and who has now lost the respect of the Democratic congress for doing so. It was his job, not congresses to make that judgment. Rod Rosenstein signed to start the investigation, and he also cleared President Trump of any wrongdoing based on Bob Mueller's report. He also, has lost the respect of the Democratic congress for doing so.

If either of these top two Justice Department officials had seen any sign that President Trump was a serious threat to the constitution, I am positive they would have taken action. All the above is "political."

And this is barely the beginning.  I predict mass media hysteria as the first indictments are reported.  "Constitutional crises" plural and a general refrain of "the sky is falling!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

The really pathetic aspect of these continual "gotchas!" is that they still believe they'll work.  SMH.  TDS is real... who'd a thunk it...

If TDS is real it's just in direct response to years upon years of CDS and ODS.

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Here's the results of the meeting. Pelosi is still urging investigations and it seems most Democrats agree.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mounting-pressure-pelosi-hold-emergency-impeachment-meeting-wednesday/story?id=63178175

From the article....

The aides downplayed the growing calls for impeachment – now topping 26 lawmakers – as a minority view among 235 members.

Growing, but still just a handful.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

From the article....

Growing, but still just a handful.

Sorry. I meant to say disagree but was typing faster than I was thinking. Yes, Pelosi did get the most support although the other Democrats are getting very vocal.

5 hours ago, F3SS said:

I'm pretty sure we are in an official time of war. I think it's a perpetual state.

You haven't been in a Congress-declared war since WW2, which is why the last person convicted of treason by the US was Japanese.

You can also be convicted of treason for attacking the US or aiding an enemy who does so when not in war, but within the definition it only extends to acts which result in physical attacks against the government. I think the Miner Strikes in the 20s was the last time that was applied.

Anyone claiming that the Dems, acting completely within the boundaries of the laws that govern your country, could be accused of treason is an outright idiot with no concept of the meaning of the term. Trump only uses it to (successfully) stir up the ignorant amongst those who follow him blindly.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I'm starting to think Pelosi may be realizing that what happens will start a precedent no matter who is unfortunate enough to become President. The floodgates are opened to constant investigations by the other party. She needs absolute proof and support from the Justice Department.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, susieice said:

Judging by her public statements that meeting will be her telling other democrats to keep their mouths shut about it and stop getting the public riled up.  This impeachment, should it happen, will be long process and frankly at this point would probably do nothing more than clear trump of any impeachable charges.  She's playing the long game.

• Like 4

As a whole our political system is insanely broken. The cracks that once were bipartisanship have become open, seething, pulsating chasms. America as it once was is dying and we are witnessing the last ditch effort by all involved to cling onto the corruption inducing payday that being a government official has been. The country as a whole will either emerge stronger and better for this or it will crumble under the weight of it's own lack of ability to progress for the benefit of the common man.

• Like 1

Trump came out to the Rose Garden to speak and media says he lied about the $35 million that the Mueller Report has cost.

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2019/05/trump-slams-mueller-investigation-again-in-surprise-rose-garden-speech.html?utm_campaign=pennlive_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3EAY5dkykmERc3gGfv5mVbVixIHahBFVWpkLx3XlJwMlcd4bGG2t5pCO8

However, it seems this time he may be right.

http://time.com/5557693/mueller-report-cost/

And it seems it's still long from over.

36 minutes ago, susieice said:

Trump came out to the Rose Garden to speak and media says he lied about the $35 million that the Mueller Report has cost.

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2019/05/trump-slams-mueller-investigation-again-in-surprise-rose-garden-speech.html?utm_campaign=pennlive_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3EAY5dkykmERc3gGfv5mVbVixIHahBFVWpkLx3XlJwMlcd4bGG2t5pCO8

However, it seems this time he may be right.

http://time.com/5557693/mueller-report-cost/

And it seems it's still long from over.

I just heard it on the radio and that's what they're grasping on? It's in the general ballpark we've been hearing about for some time now. 

• Like 1