Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Prosecutors aren't supposed to exonerate they either prosecute or they don't, period.  Court decides guilt or innocence, prosecutors decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute or not.  In this case there was not and you leftists pricks can argue amongst yourselves about it, and please do so right through 2020 so the adults can run the country.

it was an investigation to see if any laws had been broken. he wasn't exonerated because there wasn't any definitive proof either way. BUT there was enough to worry about. the evidence points to murky dealings and meetings. the results were inconclusive. anyway enough of this running around in circles. I'm spent on this subject. i'll concede that whatever Trump did he covered his tracks well. 

Edited by Captain Risky

46 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

it was an investigation to see if any laws had been broken. he wasn't exonerated because there wasn't any definitive proof either way. BUT there was enough to worry about. the evidence points to murky dealings and meetings. the results were inconclusive. anyway enough of this running around in circles. I'm spent on this subject. i'll concede that whatever Trump did he covered his tracks well. 

You don't get it do you? No worries, most leftists seem effected by this strange ailment lately.   Prosecutors do NOT exonerate or determine degrees of guilt or innocence, they decide if there is evidence to prosecute and if there isn't, they close the file.  There were no tracks to cover because collusion never happened, it was a myth,at least between Trump's team and Russia.  Hillary is a whole other case.  You keep dreaming about some crime you believe is there but remember no one wanted Trump guilty more than Mueller and his team.

• Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

You don't get it do you? No worries, most leftists seem effected by this strange ailment lately.   Prosecutors do NOT exonerate or determine degrees of guilt or innocence, they decide if there is evidence to prosecute and if there isn't, they close the file.  There were no tracks to cover because collusion never happened, it was a myth,at least between Trump's team and Russia.  Hillary is a whole other case.  You keep dreaming about some crime you believe is there but remember no one wanted Trump guilty more than Mueller and his team.

no you don't get it. Mueller wasn't able to make a case either way. inconclusive was the gist of his investigation. Trump and Barr are only celebrating that there isn't a case to answer for. not that the evidence points to nothing wrong happened. there's a difference. look just let it go. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

no you don't get it. Mueller wasn't able to make a case either way. inconclusive was the gist of his investigation. Trump and Barr are only celebrating that there isn't a case to answer for. not that the evidence points to nothing wrong happened. there's a difference. look just let it go. 

LOL, there is no "either way" there is charged or not, you don't find someone innocent, innocence is assumed in this country, not found by a prosecutor.  A prosecutor's job is to investigate if a suspected crime was committed, there wasn't anything found so no charges, no crime, nothing.  It's over son, grow up before you end up like farmer, not that I give a ****.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

LOL, there is no "either way" there is charged or not, you don't find someone innocent, innocence is assumed in this country, not found by a prosecutor.  A prosecutor's job is to investigate if a suspected crime was committed, there wasn't anything found so no charges, no crime, nothing.  It's over son, grow up before you end up like farmer, not that I give a ****.

The Justice Department cleared him, both DAG and AG. But the Democrat controlled Congress will never stop. After this will be his financial records, then what?

And the way they were disappointed with Rosenstien, and angry at Barr suggest extreme bias.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

It literally is like talking to children. Mueller, 15 attorneys and an equal amount of support staff. Two and a half years, subpoena power, plenty of funding. Guarantees Trump would be found guilty of collusion, impeachment just waiting to be processed. And now, we hear that inconclusive is a win for Democrats and we should keep this dog and pony show going. It's insanity, I know of no other way to evaluate them at this point.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why would Barr put himself I to such a position of deceit and shenannagins after what I'm guessing was previously a pretty fruitful and respected career. These presidential appointments are accepted voluntarily.

41 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

It literally is like talking to children. Mueller, 15 attorneys and an equal amount of support staff. Two and a half years, subpoena power, plenty of funding. Guarantees Trump would be found guilty of collusion, impeachment just waiting to be processed. And now, we hear that inconclusive is a win for Democrats and we should keep this dog and pony show going. It's insanity, I know of no other way to evaluate them at this point.

Watching Nadler throw tantrums on the floor of congress and the behavior of the democrats "rising stars" has got to have the people in the center wondering if the democrats have gone insane.  Green new deal for chrissakes and al the candidates line up behind it but refuse to vote on it.  LMAO, what BS. 

39 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Why would Barr put himself I to such a position of deceit and shenannagins after what I'm guessing was previously a pretty fruitful and respected career. These presidential appointments are accepted voluntarily.

Barr will be fine,it is the people he has in his sites that should be worried.  I am sure that Barr understood exactly what kind of situation he was walking into and I am sure he has his reasons which I am guessing is that he wants to fix the corruption that has taken over the highest offices of the DoJ, FBI and our intelligence services.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Watching Nadler throw tantrums on the floor of congress and the behavior of the democrats "rising stars" has got to have the people in the center wondering if the democrats have gone insane.  Green new deal for chrissakes and al the candidates line up behind it but refuse to vote on it.  LMAO, what BS. 

Barr will be fine,it is the people he has in his sites that should be worried.  I am sure that Barr understood exactly what kind of situation he was walking into and I am sure he has his reasons which I am guessing is that he wants to fix the corruption that has taken over the highest offices of the DoJ, FBI and our intelligence services.

Oh I know, my question was rhetorical. I meant from the perspective of the left who thinks Barr showed up to protect Trump and cover up his crimes. Who would volunteer for that? Are they homies? Did Barr owe Trump a favor of all favors? The desperation we are witnessing is a site to see making such fools of themselves.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Oh I know, my question was rhetorical. I meant from the perspective of the left who thinks Barr showed up to protect Trump and cover up his crimes. Who would volunteer for that? Are they homies? Did Barr owe Trump a favor of all favors? The desperation we are witnessing is a site to see making such fools of themselves.

I misunderstood but completely agree.  The mere idea is ludicrous, they didn't know each other, he was recommended as a guy who could clean up the corrupt nightmare Obama left.  The left seems able to believe anything they are told by the MSM, it is bizarre. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 2:49 AM, CrimsonKing said:

I've said from day 1,"ain't nobody important going down"...reality is different at different levels of society,that is hard for the foreign to understand,but you should know better by now lol

This is the most likely outcome, yes, but Barr is an unknown factor IMO.  He's been there, done that, made his own shirt for decades and he might, just maybe, be a man with integrity and an appreciation of what's at risk if these coup plotters aren't outed and at least shamed in front of the nation.  IMO, IF what's been reported about Brennan, Clapper, Comey, and Strozk is provable, they deserve extended prison sentences at a minimum.  I believe that Brennan was the point man and was doing Obama's and HRC's bidding and if proof of that is presented then Brennan needs to walk the Green Mile.  Preferably in Gitmo.  If it comes to indictments the only way they would be convicted would be tribunals.  No DC or Blue State jury or judge would convict, regardless of the evidence presented. 

I also believe that Trump should give full pardons to Flynn, Papadopoulos, and everyone else that was hounded into bankruptcy with the exception of Cohen.  I think Manafort was shady enough that his economic pain was just but he doesn't deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison because of a crime that would never have been found but for the Mueller inquisition.  None of them did anything to harm our country, just serving Trump was their worst crime.  I'd hope a law can be passed in a bipartisan manner to restore the finances/costs to those who are beaten into submission by our government and its shady prosecutors when they can't be convicted and are forced to plead guilty to save themselves or their families.  THAT is an outrageous practice by our government.  You might justify it against Mafia mobsters or crime syndicate bosses or terrorists but doing it to politicians who work for your opposition is EVIL.

• Like 1

Not really new news, but good to see some more video from John Solomon via Judicial Watch:

Edited by Amita
  • Like 3

Ron Paul statement on the Nadler/Barr stand-off:

"Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler is threatening Attorney General William Barr with a House vote on contempt of Congress in attempt to force Barr to turn over a full, unredacted copy of the Mueller Report. While I believe strongly in Congressional oversight, I don’t think threats like this are the best way to go about it. Nevertheless, here’s my unsolicited advice for Attorney General Barr: Release the entire report personally to Chairman Nadler in a secure House facility (HPSCI) and publicly advise him that any damage done to the United States or any individual named in the report by any leaks of the extremely sensitive material in the report will be solely the legal responsibility of Chairman Nadler."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Old Ron making some sense there. Nadler wouldn't do it though. He'd just say that's not good enough for the American people who demand to see it. Very predictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Merc14 said:

The left seems able to believe anything they are told by the MSM, it is bizarre. 

FOX news is MSM isn't it?  They have a larger viewership than MSNBC or CNN, almost as much as the two combined.  Where do you get your information?  Wall Street Journal or some other source?

Posted in wrong thread

Edited by Stardrive
Posted in wrong thread

As an aside... So much for rummaging through Trump's taxes....

Mnuchin says no.

In his new letter, he said that “In reliance on the advice of the Department of Justice, I have determined that the Committee’s request lacks a legitimate legislative purpose, and...the Department is therefore not authorized to disclose the requested returns and return information."

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, Merc14 said:

Watching Nadler throw tantrums on the floor of congress and the behavior of the democrats "rising stars" has got to have the people in the center wondering if the democrats have gone insane.  

I'm wondering if Pelosi will grow some leadership and take these idiots in hand. Yank Nadler out of his committee. Shut down everyone else real quick.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

FOX news is MSM isn't it?  They have a larger viewership than MSNBC or CNN, almost as much as the two combined.  Where do you get your information?  Wall Street Journal or some other source?

Do you really need me to explain what MDM means in the modern context or are you just being a PITA pedant?  If the latter please refrain from wasting my time in the future, there are enough PITA's here to deal with as it is. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

Ron Paul statement on the Nadler/Barr stand-off:

"Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler is threatening Attorney General William Barr with a House vote on contempt of Congress in attempt to force Barr to turn over a full, unredacted copy of the Mueller Report. While I believe strongly in Congressional oversight, I don’t think threats like this are the best way to go about it. Nevertheless, here’s my unsolicited advice for Attorney General Barr: Release the entire report personally to Chairman Nadler in a secure House facility (HPSCI) and publicly advise him that any damage done to the United States or any individual named in the report by any leaks of the extremely sensitive material in the report will be solely the legal responsibility of Chairman Nadler."

Problem with this advice is who decides what is extremely sensitive information and/or what person deserves to be damaged by said sensitive information.  My guess is Nadler will see this very differently than Paul and the democrat congress will agree with Nadler so allowing that Nadler to see the full report would mean many more American citizens will be harmed by lies spoken in a grand jury.  There is a very good reason the DJ doesn't release grand jury testimony so no, Ron Paul is wrong here, especially given the track record of Nadler..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

'Case closed': Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell declares Robert Mueller's Russia probe over

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-case-closed-apos-senate-125239162.html

The most bizarre thing in that article is the gasbag Schumer blaming Donald Trump for:

What we have here is a concerted effort to circle the wagons, to protect the president from accountability, to whitewash his reprehensible conduct by simply declaring it irrelevant," Schumer said.

What behavior of Trump's caused they Russians to screw with our election in 2016?  Hell, Obama didn't even warn the Trump campaign the Russians were sniffing around! Instead he spied on the Trump campaign himself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Do you really need me to explain what MDM means in the modern context or are you just being a PITA pedant? 

Sorry, don't know what a PITA is.  

FIrst, what I was asking is if you have a source of unbiased facts?  Does the New York Times come close to that? Maybe you could waste a little time mentioning a source for any facts you base your opinions on.  Once you gave me a good source for Hillary and I did learn enough to turn a luke-warm dislike into  active distrust.  But that was based on facts I could follow.

Second point, do conservatives want to play the victim card by pretending the Main Stream Media is all anti-Trump.  Sinclair Broadcasting is conservative, FOX is conservative.  Those are two of the biggest players in the world of media.  You are not underdogs anymore. You are not the little guys fighting against an overpowering monolithic system.  You are big dogs.  Yeah, 50% of people still don't like Trump and never will.  But 50% do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sorry, don't know what a PITA is. 

Pain In The Ass

FIrst, what I was asking is if you have a source of unbiased facts?  Does the New York Times come close to that? Maybe you could waste a little time mentioning a source for any facts you base your opinions on.  Once you gave me a good source for Hillary and I did learn enough to turn a luke-warm dislike into  active distrust.  But that was based on facts I could follow

.NYT's is most certainly biased, very much so but many polls have been done on the media and their reporting on the Trump campaign/administration and generally they find around 92% is negative.  You can find other polls yoursef but here is one https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/media-trump-hatred-coverage/

Second point, do conservatives want to play the victim card by pretending the Main Stream Media is all anti-Trump.  Sinclair Broadcasting is conservative, FOX is conservative.  Those are two of the biggest players in the world of media.  You are not underdogs anymore. You are not the little guys fighting against an overpowering monolithic system.  You are big dogs.  Yeah, 50% of people still don't like Trump and never will.  But 50% do

NBC. CBS, ABC and all their television shows and late night shows are negative on Trump.   MSNBC and CNN plus the vast majority of newspapers are anti-Trump.  It is fairly obvious to the American people (I'm not sure what country you are in, sorry).  Despite this negative press and even after being accused of traitorous activities during the election for the last two years he has maintained an approval rating that is about even with Obama's at the same time, who got laudatory press coverage no matter how egregious his performance as president..    I would expect that to go up now after being proved innocent. 

• Thanks 1