Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

The only takeaway from Mueller's public statement is that he feels the need to maintain, even darken, the phony cloud of suspicion hanging over Trump's presidency.

Why would he do that?  He had a chance to "bring the country together" by helping to mend the rift, but instead chose to try and deepen it.

Mueller is scared of what is coming...and he sounded like it.  This was just Mueller joining the ranks of those who hope to claim "political persecution" when declassification exposes their own crimes.

Trump, Barr, and Durham will show NO mercy...especially after this pathetic display.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

but he didn't look or sound comfortable..

He sure didn't.  Maybe he sees the harm to the United States no matter what he does or says.  You choose to think he is a crook, I will maintain that an honest and patriotic man aware of his plight  could look just as troubled..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Mueller : " If we had confidence the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so".

SMDH absolute worse case scenario.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, I've obviously watched a completely DIFFERENT Meuller in an alternative timeline. 

The speech that I watched had Mueller essentially re-iterating the key issues of the report, with no real embellishment. 

1) There was no collusion with the Russians, despite CNN assuring us all that there WAS, and that the evidence was overwhelming. 

2) The investigation could not determine - one way or another - whether the President had committed a crime. (in this case, obstruction). 

So there we have it; the speech changed nothing. 

bolded.... haha

I have quoted Farmer who kindly provided the line that will be used by all the detractors....
it has already begun and when he said it Sky News had it for the underneath caption for
quite a while... just to make sure everyone had heard it...

all the other stuff will probably be studiously ignored by ''''''the enemy of the People''''
and that line will be repeated ad nauseam -

he provided a big straw for all the Trump haters to clutch onto - 

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The only takeaway from Mueller's public statement is that he feels the need to maintain, even darken, the phony cloud of suspicion hanging over Trump's presidency.

Why would he do that?  He had a chance to "bring the country together" by helping to mend the rift, but instead chose to try and deepen it.

Mueller is scared of what is coming...and he sounded like it.  This was just Mueller joining the ranks of those who hope to claim "political persecution" when declassification exposes their own crimes.

Trump, Barr, and Durham will show NO mercy...especially after this pathetic display.

Pelosi will be compelled by her radical coalition to impeach Trump now, something she definitely did not want to do, which will satisfy the radicals leftists and the crazy squad but will infuriate the right and  independents so maybe she'll be handing that gavel back to a republican next term. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bee said:

I have quoted Farmer who kindly provided the line that will be used by all the detractors....

Please dont forget this one too :tu:

The Special Counsel's Office is part of the Department of Justice and, by regulation, it was bound by that Department policy. Charging the President with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any time I need to remind myself how powerful denial can be within an individual I visit these threads. It's always so amusing.

• Like 1

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

Any time I need to remind myself how powerful denial can be within an individual I visit these threads. It's always so amusing.

I see the same thing only I am looking at you, farmer and EMM. :tu:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

He sure didn't.  Maybe he sees the harm to the United States no matter what he does or says.  You choose to think he is a crook, I will maintain that an honest and patriotic man aware of his plight  could look just as troubled..

if he had wanted to draw a line under the whole thing for the country to avoid more harm -
ie to come together and not be so divided...
then he wouldn't have implied that the President had committed a crime....

but I'm glad you agree that he didn't look or sound comfortable...
if he was like that making a scripted statement and not taking questions..
imagine what a mess he could have been if he had been questioned by Congress...
and didn't have a script to read....

• Thanks 1

He said they did not recommend prosecution because a sitting president cannot be indicted.  Therefore, if the house is convinced he did commit a crime they have only one choice and that's to impeach.  So get on with it government.  Lord knows you haven't accomplished anything for years now so at least do this since you're dead set on it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Please dont forget this one too :tu:

oh how kind.... thank you again.... ^_^

maybe those lines were carefully constructed and put into the statement to act as a veiled threat...
like.... you do me and I'll make sure you get done the minute you're not protected by the Presidency...
I haven't looked at a recording yet but I remember there were a couple of stumbles and one in
particular betrayed Muellers nervousness....

maybe we just witnessed a High Noon type moment between Trump and Mueller....
and then Trump deflected the bullet by saying (in the tweet....)  Thank you.... :D

Edited by bee

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He said they did not recommend prosecution because a sitting president cannot be indicted.  Therefore, if the house is convinced he did commit a crime they have only one choice and that's to impeach.  So get on with it government.  Lord knows you haven't accomplished anything for years now so at least do this since you're dead set on it.

lol, they will fail again. but i'd love to see them try thou.

according to your logic from a different thread, if enough people believe something, it becomes reality, regardless if it is a hoax, so more people now believe trump is innocent than not, so he is innocent, and dems need to  move on, to actually do when they are hired to do. 

see how it can work both ways?

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

Just now, bee said:

oh how kind.... thank you again.... ^_^

maybe those lines were carefully constructed and put into the statement to act as a veiled threat...
like.... you do me and I'll make sure you get done the minute you're not protected by the Presidency...
I haven't looked at a recording yet but I remember there were a nervous stumbles and one in
particular betrayed Muellers nervousness....

maybe we just witnessed a High Noon type moment between Trump and Mueller....
and then Trump deflected the bullet by saying (in the tweet....)  Thank you.... :D

I think that Mueller threw this bomb to short circuit Barr's investigation into the FBI, DoJ, Intel and FISA.  He basically called Barr liar (Barr said Mueller stated unequivocally that the DoJ policy had no effect on his conclusions)  and then left the country as Barr is consumed in the fire this will ignite.   

• Thanks 1

Schiff Wanted Obama To Declassify Russia Docs — If Trump Does It, He’s ‘Un-American’

Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s decision to declassify information related to the origins of the Russia probe was “un-American.” Just more than two years ago, however, Schiff called on then-President Barack Obama to declassify some of the very same information.

While Trump stonewalls the public from learning the truth about his obstruction of justice,

Trump and Barr conspire to weaponize law enforcement and classified information against their political enemies.

The coverup has entered a new and dangerous phase.

This is un-American.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) May 24, 2019

“President Obama can and must declassify as much as possible about Russia hacking our elections. Rest assured, Trump won’t,” Schiff’s 2016 tweet reads.

President Obama can and must declassify as much as possible about Russia hacking our elections. Rest assured, Trump won’t.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff)

See how Stupid, and biased the left makes themselves look?  People actually let people do the critical thinking for you and vote for trash like this? I'd be ashamed to call myself a Democrat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The news, and bitter words, that are going back and forth aren't going to hurt Trump. He's already done 3 years of being attacked, and he throws it off each time. His numbers are stable, even after the Report came out.

Yes indeed.  And on the bright side, he is very likely to win another term.  Eight years will be enough to establish a factual Trump legacy that remains after the lovers and haters put down their signs.  All honest people should be glad to see what facts emerge.  And by facts, I do not mean more of Mueller or Nadler or McConnell.

Does the tax plan return more to the economy in the next six years than the deficit increases?  That should be a fact that can be shown with numbers.

Does the tariff position with China result in a better balance of trade and improve the American economy?  

Did the removal of regulations increase business capability more than it might damage water or air from downstream communities.

Did we just lease out national land at bargain prices to insider friends, or was it a good deal for American citizens?

Will Iran and North Korea become better world citizens?

Will the Wall get built and will it solve the problems it is advertised to solve?

Will immigration reform actually happen?

Will we attend to infrastructure?

Will America be more or less united in another six years?

Will fake news and interference be controlled or increase?

Will the United States be the paramount country in the Free World, and an example for the entire world in another six years, or will we slip to number two or three position?

Will we solve the opioid crisis?

Will the American middle class thrive or diminish under President Trump?

I think the president has spoken out on all of those issues.  If he even makes progress on half of them, history would remember him as an effective leader.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I think that Mueller threw this bomb to short circuit Barr's investigation into the FBI, DoJ, Intel and FISA.  He basically called Barr liar (Barr said Mueller stated unequivocally that the DoJ policy had no effect on his conclusions)  and then left the country as Barr is consumed in the fire this will ignite.   

they showed a shot of the scene in front of Mueller at the end of the Sky News Live Breaking News segment...
and Barr was prominent, in the middle and I'm trying to pin down what his expression revealed...
I think it could have been a knowing....'oh like that is it'.... 

a kind of acknowledgement of the battle maybe.... ?

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, they will fail again. but i'd love to see them try thou.

according to your logic from a different thread, if enough people believe something, it becomes reality, regardless if it is a hoax, so more people now believe trump is innocent than not, so he is innocent, and dems need to  move on, to actually do when they are hired to do. 

see how it can work both ways?

I don't think the logic was followed accurately.  Apples and oranges.  If enough people use the expression that's dope to describe something as being good then in that context dope is now positive.  whether someone committed a crime or not is not as subjective.  Nancy doesn't want to impeach because she knows it will bead off him like rain off of my new jacket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bee said:

if he had wanted to draw a line under the whole thing for the country to avoid more harm -
ie to come together and not be so divided...
then he wouldn't have implied that the President had committed a crime....

but I'm glad you agree that he didn't look or sound comfortable...
if he was like that making a scripted statement and not taking questions..
imagine what a mess he could have been if he had been questioned by Congress...
and didn't have a script to read....

Yes bee I can imagine.

If he is an honorable man and a patriotic one, he has a true dilemma.  If he says President Trump is innocent and knows he is not, he may fear to leave the country open to more serious crimes.  If he says nothing, he know he will divide the country further.  Not a good place to be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He also said that he wasn't allowed to charge the President with a crime or even say he committed one, that if he thought the President didn't commit a crime then he would say that (and indeed did say that - 'insufficient ecidence' - with regards to the election interference), before he said that the report speaks for itself. Which it does to anyone willing to read it.

I think this is going to make Nadler and others want Mueller to testify even more. He's hinting on his opinion, but saying he's not allowed to say.... going to drive some people nuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes bee I can imagine.

If he is an honorable man and a patriotic one, he has a true dilemma.  If he says President Trump is innocent and knows he is not, he may fear to leave the country open to more serious crimes.  If he says nothing, he know he will divide the country further.  Not a good place to be.

I'm sure he will be richly rewarded financially anyway whatever his motives...
(that we basically disagree on) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think this is going to make Nadler and others want Mueller to testify even more. He's hinting on his opinion, but saying he's not allowed to say.... going to drive some people nuts.

But you can see it now though, can't you? Mueller has basically said, as far as he's permitted to, that Trump committed obstruction.

Nadler has come out and said pretty much that the only thing left to do is to impeach. He seems to have accepted what Mueller said today.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I've read various articles where some say impeachment is the only way the democrats beat Trump in 2020, and some that say if they impeach, they lose in 2020. I've been on the "lose" side mainly, but read a article yesterday that unless the House does impeach, Trump basically walks away. And that will give him more ammo in 2020.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But you can see it now though, can't you? Mueller has basically said, as far as he's permitted to, that Trump committed obstruction.

Nadler has come out and said pretty much that the only thing left to do is to impeach. He seems to have accepted what Mueller said today.

Nadler's a partisan hack.

Nancy said no impeachment, and so far less then a quarter of her House Democrats are going against her. It just sounds like a lot of people, because the media is quoting the same people over and over.

Each and every president commits multiple crimes while in office. Trump simply is being micro examined. 

Nothing's going to come of it regardless of evidence. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think the logic was followed accurately.  Apples and oranges.  If enough people use the expression that's dope to describe something as being good then in that context dope is now positive.  whether someone committed a crime or not is not as subjective.  Nancy doesn't want to impeach because she knows it will bead off him like rain off of my new jacket.

i think i followed close enough, after all all that matters what people believe.   whether it is a absence of crime, or known hoax is irrelevant.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

I've read various articles where some say impeachment is the only way the democrats beat Trump in 2020, and some that say if they impeach, they lose in 2020. I've been on the "lose" side mainly, but read a aryicle yesterday that unless the House does impeach, Trump basically walks away. And that will give him more ammo in 2020.

Yeah, from their POV I don't know how you don't implement impeachment hearings if only to keep your base believing in you.  When impeachment doesn't work just take a page out of trumps playbook and scream that the whole thing was rigged. :P

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

See how Stupid, and biased the left makes themselves look?  People actually let people do the critical thinking for you and vote for trash like this? I'd be ashamed to call myself a Democrat.

It seems like they have allowed themselves to be emotionally manipulated and enslaved..
by a clever and cunning ongoing psychological operation...

but they don't realize and love all the toxic nonsense - like people enjoy spiteful gossip about
someone they don't like... or are jealous of..

Trump Envy.... one of the masked symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.. ^_^

• Like 2