Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Tiggs

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Did you really just pull an appeal to popularity over the term ignorance????

Holy crap that post was so absurd ive been at a loss for words as to how to respond :lol:

I guess ill go back to the willfull part amigo. Lie to yourself all you want but im gonna go ahead and call you out when you try it in a post to me :tu:

Call away. Even the mentally infirm have opinions. 

Please just dont pretend that you are representative of even a fraction of even the left in this country.

You may have considered yourself conservative in the past, but I'm not seeing even a trace left in any of your recent posts. Here or elsewhere on UM.

You likely consider Biden and Obama to be center-right. :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I can only wish you the best.  I will say if it is any consolation that I do not blame schools or teachers, I loved several of my High School teachers and still am most  grateful to Mr. Wolf, my high school physics and calculus teacher, 40 years later.  

I don't think it is a teacher problem but a bureaucracy and goal problem, with standardized testing measuring against what might be poorly conceived goals high among them.  I honor you for your effort.

And by the way, I do know that the company gets some incentives, but a lot of companies don't bother so people that do are high on my list.  It is more than a way to save a buck.

Thanks. And I didn't mean to be cynical about your company.

Harte

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man after b****ing about how conservatives have made your work life miserable, and how the conservative mindset is going to leave your son much worse off than he otherwise could be im not sure whether to applaud you for sticking to your values despite the real world consequences or mock you for not being able to learn from those real world consequences.

Either way that post was very telling.

"Learn" how to be a ward of the State?

My son is not the only person in this country.

And neither Liberal nor Conservative leaders are thinking about the avalanche of people like my son that is about to impact our society, so it's not exactly a political issue, despite your effort to politicize my son's probable fate.

Harte

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Harte said:

And neither Liberal nor Conservative leaders are thinking about the avalanche of people like my son that is about to impact our society,

Yes, as far as I have been able to observe this is true.   My niece is autistic, but a bit more functional.  She is nearing 40 and will live with my sister as long as my sister is alive.  Among her 4  her siblings, her own sister is most likely the one who will care for her after  the passing of my sister.  Not every person in need has a family that can do that. hanks Harte.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Harte said:

You are right that kids need to be taught how to become an adult (in other words, they need parenting.) Schools are not set up to do parenting, the kids are almost completely out of control, and the Feds have imposed a cookie cutter system on us with this stupid standardized testing.

There was the day, Harte, and you may have been there, when teachers were allowed to discipline the student, and if the parent was notified of their mischievous child, the parent would always take the teacher's side. Sadly, those days of cooperation have gone by the wayside. 

I used to teach math, too, but I see no problem with standardized testing in and of itself. We expect the teacher to watch over the student but who watches over the teacher?

I have heard so many times of the teacher that covers too little material and gives good grades to everyone just to have an easy time of teaching and to get few complaints from students, and I really think comparative results from tests designed for everyone to take is a good, rebvealing idea. MO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

There was the day, Harte, and you may have been there, when teachers were allowed to discipline the student, and if the parent was notified of their mischievous child, the parent would always take the teacher's side. Sadly, those days of cooperation have gone by the wayside. 

I used to teach math, too, but I see no problem with standardized testing in and of itself. We expect the teacher to watch over the student but who watches over the teacher?

I have heard so many times of the teacher that covers too little material and gives good grades to everyone just to have an easy time of teaching and to get few complaints from students, and I really think comparative results from tests designed for everyone to take is a good, rebvealing idea. MO

I pointed out 8 weeks of missing content (more, really, due to "practice testing,") caused specifically by these tests.

And it's been my experience that the school administration is the cause of giving kids passing grades. Had a few of the Fs I've given changed to Ds without me even being notified, much less involved.

Believe me, at least in the tested subjects, you don't keep your job for long if you give the kids the grades they earn. And while no teacher teaches to get rich, it's also true that we ain't doin this as a hobby.

Harte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

You may have considered yourself conservative in the past, but I'm not seeing even a trace left in any of your recent posts. Here or elsewhere on UM.

LOL Ive been pretty open about my conversion from conservative to libertarian to liberal. Everyone should have to lose their career due to a crippling disease once in their lives, perspective is a helluva thing :tu:

Weirdly the conservative things I do still hold ya'll dont care about anymore : Personal responsibility, Moral leadership, balanced budgets, small government rights , citizen privacy being a few.

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

You likely consider Biden and Obama to be center-right. :innocent:

Well almost. But ive always considered them center because I understand the political spectrum . Being to the left of foxnews doesnt mean one is to the far left.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Weirdly the conservative things I do still hold ya'll dont care about anymore : Personal responsibility, Moral leadership, balanced budgets, small government rights , citizen privacy being a few.

Then you haven't been listening...

And no, this isn't going to turn into a long, drawn out discussion. I had my say...that's it.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Then you haven't been listening...

And no, this isn't going to turn into a long, drawn out discussion. I had my say...that's it.

Actions speak louder than words :tu:.

I had my say....that's it.

• Like 1

Deutsche Bank discloses it has tax returns tied to Trump sought by House committees

Deutsche Bank said Tuesday that it possesses tax returns tied to President Donald Trump — the latest development in the effort by House Democrats to obtain the president's financial information.

In a court filing related to subpoenas from two House committees, Deutsche Bank said it possessed tax returns — which may be related to Trump, his immediate family or their company, the Trump Organization — that it would have to hand over if it complied with the subpoenas.

It's unclear exactly who the tax returns that Deutsche Banks possesses belong to because the names of the individuals are redacted in the filing.

A federal judge ruled in May that Deutsche Bank and Capital One can hand over his financial documents in response to the congressional subpoenas. But Trump's attorneys are now fighting that ruling in the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

• Like 1

@Farmer77  It is clear to me that now that Trump is sitting POTUS this witch hunt is nothing but harassment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:42 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@Farmer77  It is clear to me that now that Trump is sitting POTUS this witch hunt is nothing but harassment.

It is clear to me that now that Trump is sitting POTUS it is more vital than ever that we understand his entanglements and motivations.

Again, the folks protecting him have to prove they are financially solvent and not under the influence of those who may choose to harm our nation, why exactly shouldnt the one being protected have to abide by the same standards?

• Like 1

Did we investigate the "entanglements and motivations" of Barack Obama? How about the Bushes? Bill Clinton?

Harte

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harte said:

Did we investigate the "entanglements and motivations" of Barack Obama? How about the Bushes? Bill Clinton?

Harte

Think this one through Harte.

We're talking about tax returns.

All of those you mentioned offered theirs up for examination. The only one refusing to do so is Trump.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, DieChecker said:

I dont think that is so much... if it includes law enforcement, fire response, and other infrastructure, like roads, internet, phone, water....

Don't dare forget gender reassignment!  It's a RIGHT, dontchaknow?

On 8/23/2019 at 2:33 AM, RoofGardener said:

Oh come come @Farmer77. In what way - precisely - is America burning now ? 

Now, the Amazon... THAT'S burning. But not America. 

The America HE desires is burning.  That's a REALLY good thing for the rest of us.

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

All of those you mentioned offered theirs up for examination. The only one refusing to do so is Trump.

All of those were career politicians that had always made sure their tax info was squeaky clean. They were prepped for turning over to the public.

Not a one of them was anything like a real-world businessman.

Do you not trust the IRS to collect owed taxes or do you just want to make sure that there's more for the MSM to overhype?

Harte

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Two things here, Farmer...

1)  A sitting POTUS is not going to be impeached because of improprieties in his tax returns.
2) The IRS has adjudicated his tax returns and we *should* take their word that things are in order.

And especially because this faux examination request has only happened to Trump, this.. is … harassment! 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And especially because this faux examination request has only happened to Trump, this.. is … harassment! 

Attempting to create a special law to single out an individual, also known as a "bill of attainder" is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  Period.  These bustards will break any law, destroy any tradition, do ANYTHING to remove or even just to childishly spite Trump.  And he just keeps laughing at them.  If he wins in 2020 I expect some of them to spontaneously combust.  I hope we get video ;) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

Attempting to create a special law to single out an individual, also known as a "bill of attainder" is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  Period.  These bustards will break any law, destroy any tradition, do ANYTHING to remove or even just to childishly spite Trump.  And he just keeps laughing at them.  If he wins in 2020 I expect some of them to spontaneously combust.  I hope we get video ;) 

Bill of attainder is legislation designed to punish an individual or small group while bypassing the benefit of a trial.  Having congress see you tax returns isn't punishment...... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Two things here, Farmer...

1)  A sitting POTUS is not going to be impeached because of improprieties in his tax returns.
2) The IRS has adjudicated his tax returns and we *should* take their word that things are in order.

You are focusing on impeachment not me. Im worried about national security.

As for his taxes being in order the IRS isnt looking at his tax returns in terms of whether or not his financial entanglements place him at risk of being compromised. Same reason the aspiring Secret Service Agent cant just say "well I filed my taxes" and avoid the whole application, and recertification process.

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This sentence needed to be set aside and treated "special".

You do recognize why this has only happened to Trump right?

In case you dont its "only happened to Trump"  because he is the only POTUS in modern history to refuse to turn his taxes over.

Its not a conspiracy, its not political, its not even personal. He acts abnormally and that abnormal behavior causes a lot of problems.

• Like 2

Poor Nadler... basically being ignored now. His pushing on Mueller and Obstruction and Impeachment made him a household name... for a while.

Mueller, Obstruction, Taxes, Impeachment.... Nadler... all things the Media seems to have moved on from. Article still come out, but they're written by the bench warmers now, not the top headline people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

In case you dont its "only happened to Trump"  because he is the only POTUS in modern history to refuse to turn his taxes over.

Meh. Except for a stupid California law, which will almost 100% likely be rule unconstitutional, no one seems excited to see the taxes.

And though he did say he would release them... there is no law requiring he do so. Just as their is no law requiring medical records, legal records, or education records, to be released. We still dont know most of Obama's educational record. And I'm ok with that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, and then said:

Even if his taxes are released. And even if there is some dirt there... Trumps followers have stuck with him though obstruction accusations. Racism accusations. Sexism accusations. Mob accusations... you name it....

I doubt Trump "stretching" some NYC building legalities, or taking tax loopholes, is going to put off anyone still supporting him. It will insight even greater levels of TDS anger and hatred though I think. Hatred which is OK if it is aimed not at Dems, but at Trump.

• Thanks 1