Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
marsman

Watch....Robot dogs pull a truck

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Piney
4 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

see the BIG DOG vid above

I can still turn it into scrap metal with the JD 644B I used for logs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
marsman

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

ed209_preview_card.jpg

Give it time. We'll have ED-209's running around.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov
6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

Again the problem comes down to power supply. 

Agreed there is a lot of grow room. A suit that can last a few hours is still a useable tool albeit situational. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

in the Terminator movies.....the robot had a nuclear battery....


 

Quote

 

How long do nuclear batteries last?
Despite their low-power, relative to current battery technologies, the life-time of these diamond batteries could revolutionise the powering of devices over long timescales. Using carbon-14 the battery would take 5,730 years to reach 50 per cent power, which is about as long as human civilization has existed

https://m.phys.org/news/2016-11-diamond-age-power-nuclear-batteries.html


 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I wonder how small a charge though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
2 minutes ago, marsman said:

 

5,730 years to reach 50 per cent power, which is about as long as human civilization has existed

 

 

i have to question the bit about how long we have existed

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, marsman said:

 

i have to question the bit about how long we have existed

Probably has to do with organized civilization. Not sure. Too tired to think about it right now.:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

anyway....humans dont run on batteries...and we last at least 70 years plus...technology will change too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BorizBadinov

I was going to mention the diamond batteries but the power out put is extremely low currently and I don't see them as a main power source. 

I think they will have uses such as keeping an AI brain "on life support" in cases of power supply failure since they should last thousands of years.

I can imagine diamond armor skin that doubles as a power supply but it's probably not very realistic:lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman
2 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

I was going to mention the diamond batteries but the power out put is extremely low currently and I don't see them as a main power source. 

I think they will have uses such as keeping an AI brain "on life support" in cases of power supply failure since they should last thousands of years.

I can imagine diamond armor skin that doubles as a power supply but it's probably not very realistic:lol: 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marsman

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.