Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Liquid blood extracted from 42,000-year-old foal

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Liquid blood extracted from 42,000-year-old foal

Can they clone it? Would it be a good idea?

That's pretty cool.   Actual liquid from 42000 years ago.    I hope they successfully clone it.   

Presumably this was frozen blood ;)

We are losing living species and in the same time trying to revive some alive 40000 years ago...it look like some kind of paradox.

6 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

We are losing living species and in the same time trying to revive some alive 40000 years ago...it look like some kind of paradox.

Have to agree with this one, I understand it'd be quite a breakthrough but we should be focusing more on saving the animals that are dying off at alarming rates in the modern world, not the ones that have been dead for tens of millennia. :huh:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 27vet said:

Can they clone it? Would it be a good idea?

Original Link:  

The researchers are hoping to clone the species by extracting and growing viable somatic cells.

If this can be achieved, it would be a major step towards resurrecting the woolly mammoth.

Now that  would be a trick....resurrecting the woolly mammoth from the blood of a horse!   B)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Now that  would be a trick....resurrecting the woolly mammoth from the blood of a horse!   B)

Maybe it's a woolly horse? The grand national will never be the same!

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Unfortunately said:

Have to agree with this one, I understand it'd be quite a breakthrough but we should be focusing more on saving the animals that are dying off at alarming rates in the modern world, not the ones that have been dead for tens of millennia. :huh:

They are 2 separate things.   We can do both.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

They are 2 separate things.   We can do both.   

Yeah we can, it's like eating peanuts with chewing gum but it just feel strange.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

Yeah we can, it's like eating peanuts with chewing gum but it just feel strange.

I think it is more like putting gas in your car.    Your just going to burn through it, but you keep filling the tank.