Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bats ghost theory....

the13bats

this thread isnt about belief or arguing endlessly if ghosts do or do not exist plenty of other threads for that, this thread also isnt to offend believers but rather i want to toss my theory out there see if any one shares my thoughts and wants to add to it, but please do as the best we can stay on topic, and lets keep it troll free.

to start i do not believe there are any ghosts, spirits, lost souls etc or any consciences from a departed person haunting around, i grew up really intrigued by stories like resurrection mary or countless people see civil war soldiers walking in a field and many other long running cases where over the years the same haunts are seen by different people, so if i dont believe in ghosts how do i explain some alleged sightings?

many i think are made up compele bs for attention and or profits, IE amityville and that case in washington, any warren case.

some i think are sincere people who want so badly to believe that they see every orb, mist, speck of dust and camera artifact as a haunt.

still i started to ponder about a few cases, the haunt is doing basically the same thing years apart for different witnesses,  sure i could call it contagen, but the earth is very electical, magnatic, humans are sensitive to this, what if an event could be recorded like on a VHS tape by condition of the planet we dont understand, then when the right person is in the right place they see this recording played back, endless loop style, hence why the same thing is seen over and over, no more conscience to the beings seen than watching a recorded movie of anyone.

i still have the hurdle that with cases like civil war soldier ghosts which seems fairly common ghost hunters have yet to capture it on video, perhaps it cant be captured.

i realize my theory has holes and wont be popular with some but i wanted to toss the bread crumbs on the water. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If we're sharing ideas. Then that's what I think ghost are, an idea, a belief or a thought-form. In some cases they manifest as a unintentional visual hallucination. Similar to the effects of sleep deprivation. In certain way they might be a meme. Where collective belief makes them "real". You tell a ghost story, some people hear it, then "see" the ghost, another story is shared, etc. To put it simple they 'exist' because people believe they 'exist'. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i am flattered and honored more than i can express that resident blind true believer PG has graced us not with a dull diatribe about paranormal explanations are the most likely but a cool laugh at our posts...thanks pg.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

what if an event could be recorded like on a VHS tape by condition of the planet we dont understand, then when the right person is in the right place they see this recording played back

I had the exact same idea almost 10 years ago!
It's a shame that no scientist dares to research if the brain can interact with the surroundings in that manner. But they would be ridiculed just for taking up the task.

Now I have a different theory that makes more sense, although it does not exclude the other one.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, acute said:

@the13bats

You are describing the Stone Tape Theory, which can't explain active (intelligent) hauntings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Tape

not quite, i didnt say recorded on stones or trees, in fact i dont have a clue where it would be stored, yes, a hole, but very close to what i think in other ways.

while a slight derail from topic, since i dont believe in conscience (intelligent) hauntings since there is zero proof of it, while i dont want to ruin the thread going this way if you have proof of intelligent hauntings ( not stories ) post away.

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I had no idea there was an official theory like this, until now.

i knew of it but not exactally the way its laid out on wiki, but please do share your new theory you said you came up with.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i knew of it but not exactally the way its laid out on wiki, but please do share your new theory you said you came up with.

Exactly like you described

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

what if an event could be recorded like on a VHS tape by condition of the planet we dont understand, then when the right person is in the right place they see this recording played back

I think I had the idea in 2010 or 2011

Edited by sci-nerd

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

but please do share your new theory you said you came up with

Oh, you mean the different one I found later!

Well that's kinda boring. But here goes:

We live in a virtual reality, where the makers/players toy with us. They find it funny to scare us for some reason. And what is more scary than the undead?

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i am flattered and honored more than i can express that resident blind true believer PG has graced us not with a dull diatribe about paranormal explanations are the most likely but a cool laugh at our posts...thanks pg.

Sorry to disappoint, because here comes the dull diatribe:

I, as you might know, believe in active conscious entities, physical events, intelligent responses, etc.  but also these residual hauntings like ghosts on a Civil War battlefield. However even at that, the residual haunting involves subtler planes of nature more sensitive than the physical level. If you can begin to give a physical-only theory on how  events (typically associated with emotional  drama) can be recorded onto physical matter and then later replayed for the physical senses of another person years later I'd be all ears.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sorry to disappoint, because here comes the dull diatribe:

I, as you might know, believe in active conscious entities, physical events, intelligent responses, etc.  but also these residual hauntings like ghosts on a Civil War battlefield. However even at that, the residual haunting involves subtler planes of nature more sensitive than the physical level. If you can begin to give a physical-only theory on how  events (typically associated with emotional  drama) can be recorded onto physical matter and then later replayed for the physical senses of another person years later I'd be all ears.

its beyond my payrate at the moment hence why i posted this thread but i find it so much more plausible, logical, etc than a jump to conscience spirits, ghosts walk the same path for years trapped in the shadowland.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

its beyond my payrate at the moment hence why i posted this thread but i find it so much more plausible, logical, etc than a jump to conscience spirits, ghosts walk the same path for years trapped in the shadowland.

To most paranormal theorists the residual haunting ghosts like Civil War marching soldiers are not 'trapped' any more than you are trapped by an image of you existing on a video. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

We live in a virtual reality, where the makers/players toy with us. They find it funny to scare us for some reason. And what is more scary than the undead?

joe? is that you?

lol, i have a buddy in ithaca, he has that very same theory and pretty much believes it, he doesnt claim to know who hold the strings.

get past the point pleasant mothman folklore john keel pretty much believed something to this effect too, i guess he thought they were from different dimensions or something

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

To most paranormal theorists the residual haunting ghosts like Civil War marching soldiers are not 'trapped' any more than you are trapped by an image of you existing on a video. 

and back to what i believe residual ghosts are, an image like on a video.

but why havent these ghost hunters staked our these fields with cameras and gotten pictures?

Edited by the13bats

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

and back to what i believe residual ghosts are, an image like on a video.

but why havent these ghost hunters staked our these fields with cameras and gotten pictures?

I've seen alleged videos but you would call them fake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I've seen alleged videos but you would call them fake.

you are likely correct, but do they have a good source and provenance not like from ghost hunter tv crap, feel free to post the best please.

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

you are likely correct, but do they have a good source and provenance not like from ghost hunter tv crap, feel free to post the best please.

Where are these investigators you would consider of 'good source and provenance' spending much effort on collecting videos of hauntings and getting nothing? And even then if they got something you would then likely consider them no longer of 'good source and provenance' pretty quickly I suspect. The game can be made to go on forever and it does. That is why I frequently say, it comes down to our individual judgment as to who is playing fairest with the facts.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

papa, as i said shows like ghost hunters are of no interest to me, if you have nothing to post thats fine but dont fall back cop out on speculations of my response before letting me gauge the video myself and as you say make up my own judgements,  you are doing to me the very thing you damn others for doing.

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

papa, as i said shows like ghost hunters are of no interest to me, if you have nothing to post thats fine but dont fall back cop out on speculations of my response before letting me gauge the video myself and as you say make up my own judgements,  you are doing to me the very thing you damn others for doing.

How many videos and photos have been shown on this forum? At this point a general statement rather than one more is sufficient.

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

How many videos and photos have been shown on this forum? At this point a general statement rather than one more is sufficient.

not your typical games again, we are getting no where, if you have it post it if you dont then move on, but please dont troll this thread.

Here is a fun theory:

Let's pretend that the many worlds theory is true.

Let's also pretend that since there are an infinite number of universes overlapping ours that occasionally, with EXTREME rarity, one of the universes can interact with ours and it's with it.

By rare i mean out of the millions of sightings and claims only 1/500000 or less actually sees whatever it is to be seen. Could be ghosts, demons, dinosaurs, time slips, aliens basically any and every form of "paranormal"/cryptid/event.

So the root of all claims and beliefs may stem from an event that it's so rare that for all intensive purposes it is unprovable and impossible to ever reproduce. All other sightings and claims are influenced by these actual but basically impossible events, sort of that thought form thing.

Probably not original but it's a fun exercise to think about. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, the13bats said:

still i started to ponder about a few cases, the haunt is doing basically the same thing years apart for different witnesses,  sure i could call it contagen, but the earth is very electical, magnatic, humans are sensitive to this, what if an event could be recorded like on a VHS tape by condition of the planet we dont understand, then when the right person is in the right place they see this recording played back, endless loop style, hence why the same thing is seen over and over, no more conscience to the beings seen than watching a recorded movie of anyone.

i still have the hurdle that with cases like civil war soldier ghosts which seems fairly common ghost hunters have yet to capture it on video, perhaps it cant be captured.

i realize my theory has holes and wont be popular with some but i wanted to toss the bread crumbs on the water. 

I am not sure your theory has as many holes as you think.  I have heard this and thought about it before.  We have an electromagnetic field and the earth also has an electormagnetic field.  Some people are more sensitive to that than others. 

If you need proof of the field, get two wire coat hangers, cut the hanger part off on one side and on the olther side cut the place where the bend is so that you have two L shaped "dowsing" rods.  Have a friend stand 10 feet in front of you with their back to you.  Hold the short end of the hangers in each hand tight enough to keep them in your hands but loose enough that they can move a bit, pointing the long end straight in front of you.  Walk towards your friend until the hangers open.  You did not move them, they moved themselves.  If you have regular dowsing rods you can use those, the effect will be the same.  Mark how close you got to your friend, usually it will be about 6 feet.  The distance may be different depending on what is going on with your friend. 

Children tend to have bigger fields than adults but not always.   My daughter did this with her friend and the friend had a very small energy field around her.  My daughter (she was 10) thought her friend had her angel wings wrapped around her.  The child was being raised by a schizophrenic father and an alcoholic mother and she was on aderal for attention deficit issues.  Not a surprise to me that the girl kept her energy tight.

Edited by Desertrat56

On 4/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, sci-nerd said:

I have heard that theory before too, but as glitches.  I read a lot of science fiction and that is where almost all ideas are explored.

I have met more people who want to be haunted than people who are afraid of hauntings.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1