Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Legend of Bigfoot

the13bats

im not sure the first time i saw this jewel, i believe grandmother took me to the theater,

i find marx narrative both dramatic but heartwarming like a old disney animal film,

to his death he swore the creatures in the film are real bigfoot,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Funny how he states at the beginning the different names given around different areas and then says "right now,  we call him bigfoot". I have no time right now to watch the whole thing,  but how many bigfoots does he think there are as he mentions regions which are miles apart, so either there are lots of bigfoot or he can travel for hundreds of miles incognito.

In his ten years, did he travel around different states with bigfoot? 

• Like 1

Pretty funny stuff.  I like the style of the movie.    

Here's his bigfoot:

image.png.e21aa4eda8f5cb81e8d881856b32dd02.png

• Haha 2

i dont believe any one took marx seriously, peter byrne teamed with him a short time then ditched him.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

i dont believe any one took marx seriously, peter byrne teamed with him a short time then ditched him.

Many people (Krantz, Meldrum, etc.) have taken his "Cripplefoot" tracks very seriously, yet they've conveniently ignored Marx's other endeavors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

Pretty funny stuff.  I like the style of the movie.    

Here's his bigfoot:

image.png.e21aa4eda8f5cb81e8d881856b32dd02.png

Jeeze, someone did not go to sewing classes. 

24 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Many people (Krantz, Meldrum, etc.) have taken his "Cripplefoot" tracks very seriously, yet they've conveniently ignored Marx's other endeavors.

cherry picking, thats a shame, but no one takes meldrum serious and krantz has passed...

• Like 3

From what I know about Marx some in the Bigfoot community consider him a pioneer in Bigfoot research...And others consider him deceptive and fraudulent....

• Like 1

i think his ( marx ) personality and voice makes it hard for some to bash him, but i dont take any of his work as evidence of bigfoot the picture freetoroam posted sums it up fairly well....

Edited by the13bats

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Lots of people take Marx seriously. Krantz thought his "cripplefoot" was genuine because "no one since Leonardo" (Da Vinci, not Di Caprio lol) was able to outclass/fool him with tracks lol. Then again, he claimed no one could walk like "Patty" either, while at the same time actually giving demonstration by walking just like "Patty" lol.

Bigfootery has never been about an anomalous Ape species, it's always been about the wierdness of our own species.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horta said:

and i babble...interesting...but i dont subscribe to some of the thinking,

meldrum it seems has hero worship for him, and overlooked or made excuses for bs.

being arrogant is just that, "you have to know him to get his sense of humor"

um no, if your jokes are so stupid or "wry" most just think youre a pompous dbag then they are right.

all the chest pounding how smart he was mensa etc yet he was incredibly closed minded, his theories right, any counter theory wrong.

50 years to find the mountain gorilla 60 years to find the giant panda, and more hunting is done for bigfoot in one year than those entire 5 plus decade hunts combined, and we have zip.

his hailed crippled foot print, perhaps marx just did a poor job digging a track shaped hole, cant fool krantz his students and many others did.

krantz is gone which is sad and thru his cloud of blind arrogance i find him likable but i dont agree with much he said about bigfoot.

Edited by the13bats

27 minutes ago, the13bats said:

and i babble...interesting...but i dont subscribe to some of the thinking,

meldrum it seems has hero worship for him, and overlooked or made excuses for bs.

being arrogant is just that, "you have to know him to get his sense of humor"

um no, if your jokes are so stupid or "wry" most just think youre a pompous dbag then they are right.

all the chest pounding how smart he was mensa etc yet he was incredibly closed minded, his theories right, any counter theory wrong.

50 years to find the mountain gorilla 60 years to find the giant panda, and more hunting is done for bigfoot in one year than those entire 5 plus decade hunts combined, and we have zip.

his hailed crippled foot print, perhaps marx just did a poor job digging a track shaped hole, cant fool krantz his students and many others did.

krantz is gone which is sad and thru his cloud of blind arrogance i find him likable but i dont agree with much he said about bigfoot.

I don't disagree.

We now have Meldrum claiming that Wallace created his stompers based on "real bigfoot" tracks. Despite these "real bigfoot" tracks displaying a peculiar crack, entirely consistent with a split in the wood of Wallace's stompers themselves lol. That's if you can get over how obviously, ridiculously fake the tracks look to begin with. Can't be fooled though, too brilliant for that.

At about 4.40 into this it is hilarious. The Ray Pickens episode.

An interesting read in the link below.

1972 – Spring – The activity in Bossburg and Colville is over and all the Bigfooters have gone home. Most non-academic hunters have doubts about the “evidence” produced from the events. Three academics (Krantz, Napier, Meldrum) do not.

John Green writes about this episode in Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us: “Whether there was a Sasquatch around Bossburg, I’m sure that I don’t know. It depends on whether Ivan [Marx] took over as producer before the curtain opened or half way through the third act. Whichever it was, he starred in the show from the first.”

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/ultimate-timeline/

• Like 1

horta, i have that video in my collection, i like the old campy crap,  i imagine the funniest part would be that likely krantz and meldrum have hailed pickens and wallace tracks as real,  wallace had great fun,

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-dec-06-me-wallace6-story.html

meldrum is poor at saving face after the fact, he preached hard and i paraphase how the snow walker video just had to be a real creature, no way a man in suit and his expert analysis showed 9 feet tall he compared it to the patrerson video in real proof.

then its proven hoax, 6 foot man, was he modest about having an egg covered face? nope, he says he suspected hoax all along. nice try, and he didnt the same with the wallace case.

Wallace was pulling this in the late 50s and people hadent even started using the label "bigfoot"  he pretty much started that like Kenneth Arnold caused the term "flying saucers".

A skeptic once pointed out to Meldrum that his claims of Patty being over 7' tall (at a bigfoot conference he was being paid to attend) had been arrived at scientifically via Munns, was wrong. Munns had retracted the claim some years previously, saying it was impossible to know this. It's unlikely Meldrum wouldn't have known this either, as he has regularly collaborated with Munns.

Instead of apologising and clarifying it as a personal opinion/belief, he simply resorted to derogatory comments of the skeptic involved. Not very gracious.

He seems to thrive in a feild of non scientists, where he gets to be "someone" and flaunt his credentials.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Horta said:

A skeptic once pointed out to Meldrum that his claims of Patty being over 7' tall (at a bigfoot conference he was being paid to attend) had been arrived at scientifically via Munns, was wrong. Munns had retracted the claim some years previously, saying it was impossible to know this. It's unlikely Meldrum wouldn't have known this either, as he has regularly collaborated with Munns.

Instead of apologising and clarifying it as a personal opinion/belief, he simply resorted to derogatory comments of the skeptic involved. Not very gracious.

He seems to thrive in a feild of non scientists, where he gets to be "someone" and flaunt his credentials.  

reading around and watching stuff i dont have a high opinion of his work,

i recall a doc, i think the "bigfoot definitive guide" he was on with several others some i do respect, so his turn at bat about the pgf, he starts of..."this is anything but just a man in a fur suit" and blah blah blah,

William Sellars is next and is almost hurting to hold back his laughter and had started to react before meldrum was even done and says something to the effect, given the history, the look it reeks of a man in a suit, the stink eye meldrum gives him is priceless.

i dont recall where but i read meldrum is such an egomaniac yet that huge ego is so fragile that he will only go on shows that he has full control of what is asked and said and who is on it with him,

i guess he thinks he was something special.

munns i have mixed feelings about some of his work is pretty good some dogshxx

but if he can admit he made a mistake i can respect that.

10 hours ago, Horta said:

Just about everyone that has a degree in something considers themselves right and everyone else wrong.....His attitude reminds me of one Richard Carrier...Google him..I really want to go on a rant here but I will refrain from it.

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 2

On 18/04/2019 at 6:54 AM, the13bats said:

im not sure the first time i saw this jewel, i believe grandmother took me to the theater,

i find marx narrative both dramatic but heartwarming like a old disney animal film,

to his death he swore the creatures in the film are real bigfoot,

I actually watched this last night, God it was boring and I really wanted to shoot him the end, his voice was going right through me. The music in the background was dreadful, all the build up to the drama. 

Thanks for the link though, I though I had watched most if not all the Bigfoot stuff but not this one before. :tu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i believe it reminds me of childhood school room animal movies  i always looked at is as fiction,

• Thanks 1

On 2019-04-18 at 6:59 AM, Alien Origins said:

This thing has all kinds of names Skunk Ape in Florida etc....

They call it something different from where I'm currently visiting

aNNEG3r.png

• Like 3

Whether it is real or not, which is difficult for me to believe since the film is edited so well, I really enjoyed that movie.

• Like 1

i never considered the creatures in marx films to be real, i find them comparable but in par with the crap costume in the patterson video, oddly the pgf is hailed by some yet marx stuff is pretty much forgotten, must have been a blow to his ego, 

its still a great piece for what it is.

BigFoot is real, of course, but this evidence is, well,  LOL!    Somebody in a tin foil hat spent a lot of time designing this one

• Like 1