Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ghost of the grandmother

JessicaButerfly

I'm going to have to say bug/reflection or something along those lines. The "arm" remains rigid the entire time (unless ghosts are like mannequins I guess).

Kid looked like he was lights-out, didn't need any calming down that I could see either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, esoteric_toad said:

I'm going to have to say bug/reflection or something along those lines. The "arm" remains rigid the entire time (unless ghosts are like mannequins I guess).

Kid looked like he was lights-out, didn't need any calming down that I could see either.

I agree. It's not a ghost for sure. The "arm" looked like a prop and a cheap camera will make it look "ghostly", 

• The title was changed to The ghost of the grandmother

Not a ghost but if it comforts mom to think the grandmother is watching over her autistic son when he sleeps, let her think it. No real harm is being done here. Sounds like the child often has difficult nights.

• Like 3

Video wont load for me but if it's anything like the one on that site labeled "ghost flashes through building" (which is painfully obviously a smear on the window they are filming through), I have low hopes for this one.

Edit: saw it on another site - yeah, that's not a hand, it's not rubbing the kid (who needs no calming anyway), it's not even near him most of the time. It DOES look like a cat tail.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Video won't load for me on mobile. Only saw a still photo that doesn't look like anything.

I find the idea of dead relatives being able to creep around without me knowing, well, kind of creepy.

My dead grandma would be horrified. 

Just imagine how awkward the afterlife reunions would be.

"I've been watching you for all these years."

Ugh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moonman said:

The more I look at it the more it looks like a hair stuck to the lens.

It doesn't help that it's a video of a video.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JessicaButerfly said:

It is cute, you don't think so? :wub:

Cute because the mother thinks it’s actually real? Nope. More like delusional. 

If she gets some comfort out of it and it’s not hurting anyone then that’s okay.

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Here y'all go.:tu:

Lol, that’s worse than I expected. 

Love this gem from OP’s link:

‘I believe in ghosts, but I used to be very skeptical of all ghost videos. However, when I saw it myself, it made me believe.’

Really. That video made her believe in ghost videos. :huh:

And yep. Gotta love crappy videos of crappy videos. Really brings out the crappiness. 

Spoiler

Hope that UFO guy doesn’t start demanding screen grabs! :ph34r:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

its weird how many people who present a crappy, blurry, video of a ufo, ghost, bigfoot whatever have to make a big point to say they were a skeptic but now a believer,

i look at this and cant help but think this is all it took for you to believe...this type crap is everywhere.

now cue the guy to enter and to use his poopoometer and rate it on the likely paranormal side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

poopoometer and rate it on the likely paranormal side.

Am I the only one who's gotten tired of seeing that?

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Am I the only one who's gotten tired of seeing that?

You mean the "meter" itself or making fun of it?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, moonman said:

You mean the "meter" itself or making fun of it?

for me its both :tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Considering the video and the full breath of the story:

Papameter:  61% Paranormal......39% Normal

What is that light form on the wall too? These baby cams seem to be popping up in the paranormal quite a bit lately here and on other forums. Do they all have easy explain-aways? we each are our own judge.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

for me its both :tu:

Sorry, as you can see we gotta smear that poopoometer around and see what sticks.

I know it stinks but what can you do?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are times in threads like this that all I want to state is, "It's a demon." and be done with it. Less time, less effort. No thought required.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, the13bats said:

its weird how many people who present a crappy, blurry, video of a ufo, ghost, bigfoot whatever have to make a big point to say they were a skeptic but now a believer,

i look at this and cant help but think this is all it took for you to believe...this type crap is everywhere.

now cue the guy to enter and to use his poopoometer and rate it on the likely paranormal side.

I'm always a bit flattered how I enter threads even before my first post in the thread.

To quote the great philosopher Eminem:   But it feels so empty without Me!

The meter did ring in shortly after the above post for all concerned.

the funny part on me i didnt mean to type "poopoometer" but rather "pappameter" and my phone auto corrected it i was tired didnt catch it and after comments made i left it be.

i believe it should be flattering, not unlike how people look at eminem, he likes being what he is, donny t has proven time and again negative attention works.

and while i make zero claims of precognition of course pappameter rated the case likely paranormal.

unexplained is not a jump to paranormal we cant draw a conclusion from unknown.

baby cams are getting more popular and that means made cheap and that means very crappy images like a lot of security cam footage, remember night crawler? its all grainy blurry crap,

the baby cams serve their purpose i suppose parents can be sure no stewie griffin parties are going off, but i question the value of many security cams, if the image is so poor all we can say is its humanoid, then to one guy its bigfoot the next guy its a ghost when its really a neighborhoodlum trying to swipe your garden rake.

i dont think its about easy explain-aways but rather trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear, blurry, grainy crap videos are really only evidence to those who want it to be.

• Like 2

The only thing paranormal about this is the fact that some people believe it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

baby cams are getting more popular and that means made cheap and that means very crappy images like a lot of security cam footage,

Seems like both security cams and baby cams have the image quality of a 1950's tv set.

When you video a video it just makes it worse.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, the13bats said:

its really a neighborhoodlum trying to swipe your garden rake.

As long as the don't try to steal my hoe. :w00t:

• Haha 1