Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robot news presenter launched on Russian TV

Still Waters

Russian state news channel Rossiya 24 has introduced a robot presenter for some of its bulletins.

'Alex' has already caused a stir, with some viewers complaining about his appearance and accusing him of peddling political propaganda.

The robot was developed by Promobot in the city of Perm. His silicon head is modelled on the face of the company's co-founder Alexei Yuzhakov.

At the moment, the robot anchor can only move his facial features and neck.

However, the final robot will have fully mobile limbs as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47981274

• Like 3

it looks like a drunk dude,  Russians picked the robot face perfectly, lol it reflects Russia just right lol

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

Half the pundits in the US may as well be robots.

"WE ARE COMMITTED TO BRINGING YOU THE TRUTH-TRUTH-TRUTH-TRU"

*Sparks fly as the bot attempts to comprehend the Mueller report*

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aztek said:

it looks like a drunk dude,  Russians picked the robot face perfectly, lol it reflects Russia just right lol

No kidding. I wonder if they programmed in the occasional slurred word and obligatory hiccup?

• Haha 2

The Vodka1000 is top of the line in homeless robots.

• Like 1

A soviet foray into TV personalities. What will happen when capitalism gets hold of the concept?
Talking heads that are researched to inspire not only trustworthiness but sex appeal for the viewing audience might be the very thing. Hot weather presenters that are flirty yet credible might be sauntering onto our TV screens. What is in it for the Broadcasters? Well trouble free, non controversial, loyal, inexpensive personalities that can be turned off when not in use. It is not only assembly line workers that might be replaced by AI and robots. Remember Max Headroom?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... Max Headroom, anybody ? 

Phew thanks RoofGardener, i was trying to remember his name. You arrived just in time.

• Like 1

The Russian comments on YouTube are utterly hilarious:

"My god! It's the KREMLINBOT!"

"The mug is like those cocaine reptiloid retards from VGTRK".

"He's Russian, it's obvious: bored, tired, unshaved face, in the eyes there is hopelessness".

"They put some junkie from the backstreets, poor work Mr. Chubais" (in Russian it's written "robota", sounds the same as "rabota" - "work").

"Looks just like my alky neighbor".

"This **** is where out taxes are going".

"In Russia even a robot gets some boyarka (hawthorn liqueur) in the morning".

"Lying channel and robot from hell".

"I don't like it. He's dead and the news smell the same".

"Watch the silicon anchorman, eat the silicon food, then go to the silicon babe".

"Robots will soon replace the ungrateful Russians. They will go to the Putings (word play on "meeting"), wave the flags happily and mutter the Yedinoros speeches".

"F.king shame on my country".

"They must be beating him up there".

"That's how it looks when someone's lying so much he's shy to look into people's eyes".

"Alyosha the robot after a drinking bout".

"Holy sh.t, you're completely f.cked, no one watches your channel as is, and you added this moron to the top".

"As of now he can imitate a doped druggie. It's interesting who was the model and what was the idea? To make him blend with the people?"

"Scary as hell. F.king Futurussia. Pure uncanny valley. It's gonna be someone's childhood's worst nightmare, just like the VID logo".

Edited by Chaldon
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

. Remember Max Headroom?

Yep. I was reading through the posts to see if he'd had a mention. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... Max Headroom, anybody ? 

Max Headroom show 1986.  Reporter with brain injury suddenly appears on the newsweb as a virtual newscaster.  Way ahead of its time in concept anyway.

Image result for max headroom show

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Yep. I was reading through the posts to see if he'd had a mention. 

My apologies.  Should have known. Sorry all of you youngsters out there.  Max Headroom was 30 years ago. At the dawn of the internet and cable tv, we thought it was pretty camp.  You can google a clip or two. But, he is a lot better looking than the Russian guy and he doesn't look drunk.

Makes me feel old.  I was in a vinyl record and CD store when those were popular.  I heard two teenage girls talking, "Did you know Paul McCartney was in a group before Wings?"   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

My apologies.  Should have known. Sorry all of you youngsters out there.  Max Headroom was 30 years ago. At the dawn of the internet and cable tv, we thought it was pretty camp.  You can google a clip or two. But, he is a lot better looking than the Russian guy and he doesn't look drunk.

Makes me feel old.  I was in a vinyl record and CD store when those were popular.  I heard two teenage girls talking, "Did you know Paul McCartney was in a group before Wings?"   

No my apologies. What I meant was the first thing I thought of when I first read this was Max Headroom. And I was checking to see if anyone else hadmentioned him.

Channel 4 Friday night. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, oldrover said:

No my apologies. What I meant was the first thing I thought of when I first read this was Max Headroom. And I was checking to see if anyone else hadmentioned him.

Channel 4 Friday night. 

Still around? Didn't know that.  Thanks.  

I think if they field a robot body, it will only be short term.  The real savings is full CGI, no studio, no cameras, no makeup, no expensive sets or large spaces.  After all, in Japan, some guys are already falling in love with their AI girlfriends online and trying to marry them knowing full well who or what they are.

In this world of big data, everybody could watch a newsavatar created  especially for them to satisfy their own preferences.as far as looks and content.   

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think if they field a robot body, it will only be short term.  The real savings is full CGI, no studio, no cameras, no makeup, no expensive sets or large spaces.  After all, in Japan, some guys are already falling in love with their AI girlfriends online and trying to marry them knowing full well who or what they are.

In this world of big data, everybody could watch a newsavatar created  especially for them to satisfy their own preferences.as far as looks and content.   

Sorry, no I meant back then in the 80s. I'm sure it was a Friday? I hated Max Headroom, I thought he was a YUPPY. 

Scary stuff there from the chaps with the AI girlfriends. 

15 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Sorry, no I meant back then in the 80s. I'm sure it was a Friday? I hated Max Headroom, I thought he was a YUPPY. 

He was indeed a yuppie.  But nobody has had hair that good until Eric Trump.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A computer does a much better job. I believe that a PC game based graphics engine is pulling this off, which makes it all the more remarkable, (price wise) and sure the engine is copying a human, but a computer should be able to do this on its own, eventually.

We see a sexy, young woman presenting a story, and in another part of the world, some ugly, overweight woman with a Fatboy/Slim green t-shirt on and a sig, hanging out of her mouth, says, "Yeah, that will ....ing do, l need to make a takeout order for Maccers, since l am running out of groceries!

:lol:

• Thanks 1