Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help, what is this thing?

lemay

Hey I'm totally new to this website, but I joined to tell a story about something that happened to me when I was around the age of 8, I have no idea what this "thing" was but from my research it's an orb? But anyway here's my story:

So when I was around 8, my parents bought me a tent, specifically a high school musical tent LMAO, it was pink and when I received it I was excited to use it. For future reference this tent was a single person tent and the door that zipped up, had another zip, and this zip was a window that was on the door so I could keep the door closed but I could see out. I begged and begged my parents to let me set up my tent and sleep in it and one night they said yes. So they set it up in the playroom, the playroom had no door, it just headed out straight into the hallway. I sat in my tent and played my DS a lot of the night until it ran out of charge, then I just sat around and read a book. But fast forward and it got to around midnight and I look outside my tent window and see this bright white sphere, around the size of a fist moving into the playroom from the hallway, it moved relatively slowly and was moving in mid-air going up and down, almost wave like. Me being young and not knowing what this thing was I was scared and zipped up the tent, but popped my head up looking out the window to see what it was doing, it moved across the room and then disappeared where I couldn't see it no longer without getting out of the tent. I told my parents the next day and they said I was just being silly.

to this day I still don't really understand what it was, all ive found through my own research was that it could be an orb but a lot of people say that you can only see orbs on film? If anyone has had a similar story with whatever this thing is, feel free to reply. Also if anyone knows what this could be please tell me and reasons why it was hanging around in the playroom with me and why did it just disappear out of no where? 

Just part of the paranormal.there's no reason for it.A lot of people say a lot of things,who cares.

• Like 1

I have seen them on very rare occasions, but, don't actually know what they are. They never have caused any harm though. Some seemed reactive and intelligent, others just floating along doing their own thing. It is not only on film they show up, really. Most of the filmed ones are insects or camera lens anomalies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemay said:

Also if anyone knows what this could be please tell me and reasons why it was hanging around in the playroom with me and why did it just disappear out of no where? 

Many in the paranormal world believe that orbs are the easiest (requiring least energy) form for non-physical entities to materialize in. I have come to agree with that myself. Now the who/what/why of such entities in cases like yours can't be determined by strangers like us years later.

I've had a dull white orb move across our den once and me and my son's friend both looked at it and we both just had a 'what the heck was that' reaction. Nothing more ever came of it. No 'normal' source made sense under the full circumstances.

It is a myth that orbs only appear on camera as many of us have seen them with our naked eyes. I've heard many stories by now.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
There is a part of me that wonders if this phenomena is related to ball lightening.

Reminds me of something I experienced at a young age. Imagine this If you will.

When I was Eleven years old, I awoke after having a very strange dream.
In this dream I appeared to be extremely short. (Aproximately around 3 years old). I remember sitting, facing the corner of my living room playing the Nintendo NES system on a small portable TV.

I found myself playing one of the earlier Mario titles. While playing, something caught my eye out of the window.
I looked over and watched as a ball of light slowly descended from the sky and came into the room under a gap in the open window. (The only way I can describe this thing: It was moving like a bubble filled with electricity).

I  shouted out to my mother (who at the time was doing something in the kitchen and wasn't paying attention). After calling her several times she looked around and screamed.

The ball of light was moving around me in somewhat of a circular motion. She then ran into the room, picked me up and moved me over to the side.

Then proceeded to run through the kitchen, open the hall way door and as the ball of light promptly followed. At that point the dream ended.

Later that day, on the car ride to school, I told my mum about the dream.
As I got to the part about her running into the kitchen proceeded to say "Then I opened the door to the hall, the light followed me through and then I opened the front door to the house and it went back up into the sky".

I asked her how she knew this and she said "That actually happened back when you were really young".

Essentially, I had a dream of a repressed memory from early childhood.
Judging by the sound of what happened in this post, you experienced something similar a little later in life.

• Like 1