Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nomadgrl1968

Knocking on front door

13 posts in this topic

Nomadgrl1968

Five knocks on front door, no one there. Noises around house between 3am to 6am. Negative things happening. What should I do? I’m really scared.

Piney
15 minutes ago, Nomadgrl1968 said:

Five knocks on front door, no one there. Noises around house between 3am to 6am. Negative things happening. What should I do? I’m really scared.

Sounds like you need to talk to the cops. You could have a stalker. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
Posted (edited)

yep, stalker, neighborhoodlums playing games,  bad guys testing what time and who comes to the door, cant risk it get the police involved,

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rlyeh

Negative things happening?

papageorge1
1 hour ago, Nomadgrl1968 said:

The fact that you are on this forum tells me normal explanations aren't convincing. What negative things are happening too?

• Haha 2

SecretSanta

If you were asleep at the time of the knocks you may have experienced a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. 

What kind of negative things? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Timothy
2 hours ago, Nomadgrl1968 said:

Set up video cameras or study the phenomena with a higher level of scrutiny.

It will stop or you’ll find a logical/mundane explanation. That or you’ll have to move out...

• Like 2

the13bats
26 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

If you were asleep at the time of the knocks you may have experienced a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. 

What kind of negative things? 

oh yeah, the negative stuff, positive or negative is subjective, if i never win the lotto does that make me unlucky?

some days i do my chores smooth as silk then some days seems nothing goes right, i dont subscribe anything paranormal or supernatural to that but i know some folks would.

marsman
4 hours ago, Nomadgrl1968 said:

have a male friend stay over.....and answer the door

while holding a hammer discreetly...:P

• Haha 2

XenoFish

What exactly are these negative thing?

The others have made some good home security suggestions. I'll suggest getting a solar powered security light. People are crazy/ier now.

• Like 3

MadTeaParty1872

Believe this or not, my Mom and Aunt hear knocking at 5am often.  They live in a ritzy apartment building for senior citizens.  They've asked their neighbors about it and some have heard it too.  I've spent the night here sometimes and I swear I heard it only one time.  We think it's a ghost from the original nursing home that sat here up until 5 or 6 years ago.  The magistrate and probation officers used that building for years after the nursing home built an upgrade across the street from it.  I do believe it was built in the late 1800's early 1900's.

I worked at a nursing home years ago for almost 10 years.  About 400 residents died during my employment.

Can you imagine all the spirits caught between the world of the living and dead?  This is why I can agree that the phantom knocker could be a resident of the old nursing home.

Who knows?

Has anyone else heard it?

Alchopwn
On 4/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, Nomadgrl1968 said:

Install a doorbell.  Nobody will knock on your door if you have a clearly marked doorbell. (jk)

7 hours ago, MadTeaParty1872 said:

I worked at a nursing home years ago for almost 10 years.  About 400 residents died during my employment.

Is that 400 out of a possible 400 residents?  Is there something you want to tell us MadTeaParty1872?

• Haha 1

MadTeaParty1872

That was 400 residents or more during the almost 10 years I was employed as a CNA.  I did post mortem care to about 400 residents.  If the whole nursing home was filled, there would be 160 residents to take care of.  It has since I went on disability gotten bigger adding a personal care wing and senior cottages.  

Basically my point I was trying to make is just how many ghosts wandered through the halls?  Or even hospitals.  You may or may not believe in ghosts, but I sure as heck do.

I mentioned first about where my mom and her twin sister live and it was built on top of the same ground as an old nursing home from the late 1800's.  There is also the updated one next door.  Also there have been deaths in this apartment building too.  Several people here, plus my mom and Aunt have heard knocking on their door around 5 am occasionally.   Which is what the poster for this thread was talking about.  Phantom Knockers/Knocking.