Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Making The Law of Attraction Actually Work

XenoFish

9 minutes ago, Wes83 said:

Liked the second article best but both contained nuggets of wisdom. I constantly subscribe to challenging conclusions, I despise them. In the past solid beliefs I held as truths led me to have what I have come to see as a flawed view of the world. A view that limited me and wasted my time. Kept me drunk and sloppy.

now I’m fit, sober and free to consider any possibility without any attachment. You could really say I got in shape physically with nothing more than an idea of what I wanted to become, and no idea why I had been the guy before. then I started working out and eating right. Time passed and I wasn’t straining to workout, it just naturally flowed. I wasn’t tempted to overeat or get hammered-almost overnight.

What makes a person decide to change? I’m not sure. I wasn’t particularly miserable, but I was nowhere near as good with myself then as I am now. I wouldn’t even hang out with the guy I used to be now.

I believe ideas are powerful, so I don’t buy them or ignore them. I consider and watch. I’m not sure what reality is but were we to discover the meaning of everything tomorrow, I would be ready. I have no paradigm to shatter. 

I take the next “right” step for me with all the resources available now to make that call, I reflect and keep moving.

Hard to be delusional when you accept nothing as true and everything as possibilities....

Buddhism is really good when it comes to understanding psychology and a lot of modern psychology comes from it.

If we watch what our minds do then we realise that we spend 99% of our time trying to solve problems. We try to figure out what causes our current problem, how to overcome it, and how to prevent it happening again. We also trawl through our memories of past problems looking for help in dealing with the current one.

The problem comes when we encounter a problem we cannot resolve. Our minds go around and around, we dig ourselves into a deeper and deeper hole, and in the meantime we cause ourselves stress, anxiety, and anger. So psychologists use mindfulness based cognitive behavioural therapy to teach people to stop attaching thoughts to their problems. 

Of course a lot of people dont like the fact that there is a lot of religion in the sciences, and it has to be dressed up as something else otherwise people automatically reject it. The most interesting part of Buddhism for me (and physics) is chaos and the nature of reality because things dont work how the average man and women on the street things they do.

Its like we live in a torture machine designed to breakdown our egos. The probabilistic nature of reality combined with the passage of time ensures we get a huge number of different problems come our way in life. Some problems we deal with easily. Some which press our buttons and remind us of experiences we haven't come to terms with drive us up the wall. Once the universe has hit that sweet spot it knows how to torture us and keeps on doing it.

We all get those days where we think the universe is having a laugh with us like some evil entity knows how to do our heads in and is secretly running the show. Of course there is interdependence existence between what we know exists and what comes out of chaos but most people dont realise that. 

So they are left to find more healthier patterns of thinking instead unaware that by changing their patterns of thinking they are actually affecting a change in reality. We choose how the universe tortures us to breakdown our egos. The challenges is for us to hide our buttons and negative experiences from the universe. Replace them with made up ones carefully selected to ensure reality unfolds the way we want it too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

We choose how the universe tortures us to breakdown our egos.

You've got this masochism thing don't you. All self-punishment. Sounds like it gives you some type of satisfaction. I ain't judging. You do you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You've got this masochism thing don't you. All self-punishment. Sounds like it gives you some type of satisfaction. I ain't judging. You do you. 

lol

19 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Buddhism is really good when it comes to understanding psychology and a lot of modern psychology comes from it.

If we watch what our minds do then we realise that we spend 99% of our time trying to solve problems. We try to figure out what causes our current problem, how to overcome it, and how to prevent it happening again. We also trawl through our memories of past problems looking for help in dealing with the current one.

The problem comes when we encounter a problem we cannot resolve. Our minds go around and around, we dig ourselves into a deeper and deeper hole, and in the meantime we cause ourselves stress, anxiety, and anger. So psychologists use mindfulness based cognitive behavioural therapy to teach people to stop attaching thoughts to their problems. 

Of course a lot of people dont like the fact that there is a lot of religion in the sciences, and it has to be dressed up as something else otherwise people automatically reject it. The most interesting part of Buddhism for me (and physics) is chaos and the nature of reality because things dont work how the average man and women on the street things they do.

Its like we live in a torture machine designed to breakdown our egos. The probabilistic nature of reality combined with the passage of time ensures we get a huge number of different problems come our way in life. Some problems we deal with easily. Some which press our buttons and remind us of experiences we haven't come to terms with drive us up the wall. Once the universe has hit that sweet spot it knows how to torture us and keeps on doing it.

We all get those days where we think the universe is having a laugh with us like some evil entity knows how to do our heads in and is secretly running the show. Of course there is interdependence existence between what we know exists and what comes out of chaos but most people dont realise that. 

So they are left to find more healthier patterns of thinking instead unaware that by changing their patterns of thinking they are actually affecting a change in reality. We choose how the universe tortures us to breakdown our egos. The challenges is for us to hide our buttons and negative experiences from the universe. Replace them with made up ones carefully selected to ensure reality unfolds the way we want it too.

So I’ve thought a bit on this, do you think there is a way to break free of this inverse law of attraction you see the universe trapping us in? 

Do you think we could ever reach a perception or level of thinking that we could simply want what we want and get it with a little effort, or not have to hate anyone at all... not have to play mind games but just exist as we are with our own desires dreams and goals coming and passing like waves on peaceful shores?

I think we can. Through a little stoicism, non attachment to desires. Being a steady, but peaceful/confident pressure towards our goals. 

I for one could never hate the poor, I’ve been there. I don’t want to create a world where everything is upside down.... that statement implies I believe we have the ability to guide our lives somewhat. And influence the world we live in. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

What’s your end game with the inverse law of attraction? Your ultimate manifesto?

Here Wes.

https://www.evolveandascend.com/2017/05/11/technologies-of-wishing-8-tips-from-william-s-burroughs-on-living-a-magical-life/

This helped me a lot during my 3 month break from UM. My own "magical philosophy" is ever changing. But some of burroughs concepts helped. As well as doing easy.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wes83 said:

So I’ve thought a bit on this, do you think there is a way to break free of this inverse law of attraction you see the universe trapping us in? 

Do you think we could ever reach a perception or level of thinking that we could simply want what we want and get it with a little effort, or not have to hate anyone at all... not have to play mind games but just exist as we are with our own desires dreams and goals coming and passing like waves on peaceful shores?

I think we can. Through a little stoicism, non attachment to desires. Being a steady, but peaceful/confident pressure towards our goals. 

I for one could never hate the poor, I’ve been there. I don’t want to create a world where everything is upside down.... that statement implies I believe we have the ability to guide our lives somewhat. And influence the world we live in. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

What’s your end game with the inverse law of attraction? Your ultimate manifesto?

If you arent comfortable hating the poor (to get situations come your way which continue to make you hate them) then you could experiment with a different approach on them. Searching out a string of situations where you can be selfish to them by not donating any money works. Searching out situations where you can beat down on them works too. Both these two approaches are still being mean to them though lol.

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you arent comfortable hating the poor (to get situations come your way which continue to make you hate them) then you could experiment with a different approach on them. Searching out a string of situations where you can be selfish to them by not donating any money works. Searching out situations where you can beat down on them works too. Both these two approaches are still being mean to them though lol.

Lol well then... fortunately I’m not poor anymore and I try to nurture only compassion for the many facets of humanity.

I believe you’re on to something as far as combining polar opposites and destroying the ego. For what purpose I’m not sure. With a well tuned ego we tend to be very humble and open I’ve noticed. Pride becomes more of a selfless thing.

where do you see this taking you Rabid? Who are you in the process of becoming?Do you like that person?

To be clear I don’t see compassion as better than despise for our fellow man. Both are necessary for our world to exist. It is Darkness that illuminates the light. I simply choose compassion over hate.

We all fumble in the dark knowing there’s something there, just out of reach of our comprehension. Keep experimenting, keep paying attention. I assure you this paradigm will eventually be outgrown.

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Here Wes.

https://www.evolveandascend.com/2017/05/11/technologies-of-wishing-8-tips-from-william-s-burroughs-on-living-a-magical-life/

This helped me a lot during my 3 month break from UM. My own "magical philosophy" is ever changing. But some of burroughs concepts helped. As well as doing easy.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. :) some of this is things I had studied years ago, way before I was ready. Do-easy for instance. I branched off into a screwed up version of mindfulness and came full circle to the realization that perception is more than we typically understand. Then out in left field for a while.

Wish I had spent more time on this years ago, time to catch up! Grade A material sir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Wes83 said:

Lol well then... fortunately I’m not poor anymore and I try to nurture only compassion for the many facets of humanity.

I believe you’re on to something as far as combining polar opposites and destroying the ego. For what purpose I’m not sure. With a well tuned ego we tend to be very humble and open I’ve noticed. Pride becomes more of a selfless thing.

where do you see this taking you Rabid? Who are you in the process of becoming?Do you like that person?

To be clear I don’t see compassion as better than despise for our fellow man. Both are necessary for our world to exist. It is Darkness that illuminates the light. I simply choose compassion over hate.

We all fumble in the dark knowing there’s something there, just out of reach of our comprehension. Keep experimenting, keep paying attention. I assure you this paradigm will eventually be outgrown.

I would like to emphasise that its not about hate for hates sack, its about carefully choosing the scenarios you use hate in. Likewise you have to carefully choose the scenarios you use compassion in or you will again attract what you dont want. Dont let yourself be ego led when you use hate or compassion, use your logic instead to assess what you are going to get the universe mirroring back.

Appreciating all the things you enjoy about life all day long is a good one to try. Its the weekend, maybe try doing it all day tomorrow and see if anything odd happens on Sunday? Or you notice anything odd going on? lol. PM me if its odd and crazy sounding lol.

14 hours ago, Wes83 said:

Seriously, thanks for sharing. :) some of this is things I had studied years ago, way before I was ready. Do-easy for instance. I branched off into a screwed up version of mindfulness and came full circle to the realization that perception is more than we typically understand. Then out in left field for a while.

Wish I had spent more time on this years ago, time to catch up! Grade A material sir.

A lot of concepts are made over complicated for no reason at all. To put it simple, focus only on what you're doing. That's in. In regards to the topic. Thinking about something you want, then acting on it through the easiest, simplest, and most efficient manner possible will yield some type of results. One way I tested some of the concepts is thinking about my day. First thing in the morning I'd affirm to myself, "I will make today a good day, no matter what" this statement isn't positive or negative. It's as grounded as I could get. Because I never knew what exactly my day would bring. Then I'd think about the stuff I had to do, wanted to do, and needed to do. Kinda pre-planned my day while keeping it all a maybe. As time pasted I found that more and more of the stuff that was on my to-do list was done. Whenever I had a moment of procrastination I got up and did it. Because I new I never would or I'd hate doing it later. Eventually this changes your mindset. Instead of wishing, you're doing.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:30 PM, XenoFish said:

While I might seem one sided on this but confirmation bias and self-fulling actions do play a part in this. Mostly due to behavioral changes. I know full well what pessimism will do to a mindset. It's bleak. Even optimism can be highly disappointing. Whatever technique is used to get your "head in the right place" is up to the individual. All I'm saying is that if you have a big goal or even a minor goal. Get a good idea as to have it can be achieved. That's it. Plain and simple. No need to further cloud it with metaphysics or spirituality. 

I find the little achievements to be more fulfilling than the big goals.

And this is where the Positive Thought aspect of the L.O.A. comes into play.  Once we have a goal...any goal....Whatever the 'good idea' is...the next thought process is;  How can it be achieved?

The subconscious begins working on that question...seeking information from billions of thought files in your memory.  The answer may come back to your conscious mind as...There is no way to achieve the idea.  The conscious mind can react to that thought one of two ways;  I can't achieve it.  Or I can achieve it, regardless of what the subconscious has given up.  If the can't word is invoked...then next question is; Why not?  Any excuse will do.   If the word can is used...the next question is; How?   It is in the asking of the question how that the L.O.A.  gets it's power.  The subconscious mind seeks to support any conscious thought.  So, it will go back to work again to answer the question How.  

The thing is...if we don't have a goal of any kind...then nothing is going to happen.  And what happens if we do is entirely dependent on on our 'desire'.  And by focusing on the How...our desire increases.  As our desire increases....the subconscious mind works harder...and creates even stronger desire and that process feeds on itself.  This is the point where opportunity starts knocking...very softly...on the back door.  A strong desire will be listening for that knock.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

And this is where the Positive Thought aspect of the L.O.A. comes into play.  Once we have a goal...any goal....Whatever the 'good idea' is...the next thought process is;  How can it be achieved?

The subconscious begins working on that question...seeking information from billions of thought files in your memory.  The answer may come back to your conscious mind as...There is no way to achieve the idea.  The conscious mind can react to that thought one of two ways;  I can't achieve it.  Or I can achieve it, regardless of what the subconscious has given up.  If the can't word is invoked...then next question is; Why not?  Any excuse will do.   If the word can is used...the next question is; How?   It is in the answering of the question how that the L.O.A.  gets it's power.  The subconscious mind seeks to support any conscious thought.  So, it will go back to work again to answer the question How.  

The thing is...if we don't have a goal of any kind...then nothing is going to happen.  And what happens if we do is entirely dependent on on our 'desire'.  And by focusing on the How...are desire increases.  As our desire increases....the subconscious mind works harder...and creates even stronger desire and that process feeds on itself.  This is the point where opportunity starts knocking...very softly...on the back door.  A strong desire will be listening for that knock.

This can lead to a behavior change. By writing down a list of at least 5 ways something can be achieved, options are created. We like the path of least resistance. So if number 1 on that list is something so subtle as to not be noticed, there's a good chance it'll become a part of everyday actions. Even if it's just dumping pocket change into a jar and putting what cash you have at the end of a week into envelopes. Something as small of that eventually adds up to bigger things. One small change in diet can be a stepping stone to weight loss. Making it a habit to think before acting can lead to a world of changes. The concept is very simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Making it a habit to think before acting can lead to a world of changes. The concept is very simple. 

Ah, the devil in the details...Think....

On 4/25/2019 at 4:47 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Its like we live in a torture machine designed to breakdown our egos. The probabilistic nature of reality combined with the passage of time ensures we get a huge number of different problems come our way in life.

It's the natural progression of everything...the 'torture machine'.   All part of the evolutionary process.  At its most basic...Life eats life in order to live.  Without death, no life can exist.  So the evolution of life became; Eat and keep from being eaten.  In the modern human world...at it's most basic it is; Eat and keep from being eaten financially.  I call it the Flow of the Universe.  One can simply flow with the Universe or one can swim against the tide...no matter how far or fast you swim against the Universal Tide (talking really about your point of the ego) the Universe will pull everything back into its swirl.  Like a rock in the middle of the rapids...eventually the forces of nature will break down the ego.  How much better for us if we learn how to break it down ourselves and flow with the river.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

.eventually the forces of nature will break down the ego.  How much better for us if we learn how to break it down ourselves and flow with the river.

I call this humility. Plus there reaches a point were many of the things you wanted are just superficial. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2