Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Making The Law of Attraction Actually Work

XenoFish

32 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The Law of Attraction is four forces and explained in Ezekiel in the Bible.

Ezekiel is lucky he wound up in the Bible. Most Rabbanical and many Christian scholars see him as nonsense.

32 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The reason being is the universe mirrors back to you what you are thinking, not the opposite. Try wishing the opposite or what you dont want instead.

The Universe doesn't do anything and like Fish also said. This whole concept is a negative feedback loop.

56 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

To speed things up go to new places, do new things, bring the unknown into your life. The more chaos you bring into your life the more chaos there is for new stuff to come out of.

Bringing the unknown in is not inviting chaos. Unless you literally invite in a chaotic situation. 

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have cut off the dark side of reality so now you are out of balance with it. It is not what God intended for you. God used that old snake in the Garden of Eden to try and push man in the right direction. You need the knowledge (or wisdom) of what is good and evil in order to become like God. Not a one sided approach.

That's a very old Tendai and Native American concept.

"It's not about good and evil but balance" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If anyone would like to discuss the methodology and applications of what I have described feel free to do so. 

As for you Rabid, I will not be engaging in any further conversations with you. Hate only begets more hate, creating a feedback loop of hatred and nothing good ever comes from that. Good luck with this apparent hatred you have, all because you lack the will to do something constructive. Good luck.

You are choosing not to understand what I have written but that is your choice.

I have put it out there so when you reach that point in your life when you have to confront that nothing works (including your current approach) it will help you.

Edited by RabidMongoose

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Bringing the unknown in is not inviting chaos. Unless you literally invite in a chaotic situation. 

The known doesnt work like the unknown.

The unknown is a potential containing all possibilities, and it is from this area of chaos that you suck change into your life.

Edited by RabidMongoose

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The known doesnt work like the unknown.

The unknown is a potential containing all possibilities, and it is from this area of chaos that you suck change into your life.

Life itself is a unknown no matter how much you plan it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Life itself is a unknown no matter how much you plan it. 

I think you misunderstood the context in which I talk about chaos.

I mean it from both a religious and physics perspective. In fact, lets go Greek as they have a goddess of Chaos. The myths and legends surrounding Eris are a precise understanding of how chaos works from a physics perspective but in story form. She symbolises that half of reality which we have no experience off at any given moment in time. It is filled with the potential for anything to come into existence.

The area of reality which is currently known to you is fairly static with most change being caused by the flow of time. Lets increase the amount of unknown in it by going somewhere new or doing something new everyday. Anything can come into existence in those new areas you have no experience of yet. You can indirectly influence exactly what comes into existence using my inverted approach to the law of attraction. The more unknown you bring into your life the more change you can invite in.

16 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The area of reality which is currently known to you is fairly static with most change being caused by the flow of time. Lets increase the amount of unknown in it by going somewhere new or doing something new everyday. Anything can come into existence in those new areas you have no experience of yet. You can indirectly influence exactly what comes into existence using my inverted approach to the law of attraction. The more unknown you bring into your life the more change you can invite in.

But that is from the perspective of a safe little cubicle. Not from a battlefield medic and private military contractor. I didn't wish or not wish to have my hand shot off and "unknowns" are just plain dangerous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

But that is from the perspective of a safe little cubicle. Not from a battlefield medic and private military contractor. I didn't wish or not wish to have my hand shot off and "unknowns" are just plain dangerous. 

When you become a military officer and are undergoing leadership training you get taught how to use chaos. Its an essential part of business science too.

If you make the mistake of creating a static military unit then it lacks the adaptability to deal with the unknown. Furthermore it cannot introduce a higher degree of unknown into the equation to beat a less adaptable enemy. 

What you guys dont get is the upper echelons of society are taught all this stuff in the sciences when they do their degrees.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

When you become a military officer and are undergoing leadership training you get taught how to use chaos. Its an essential part of business science too.

More like deal with the unknowns. Creative thinking isn't using chaos. It's just working around it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

More like deal with the unknowns. Creative thinking isn't using chaos. It's just working around it. 

We use it in business science, we refer to it as surfing the edge of chaos.

We cause new patterns of behaviour to arise inside a the business, and of course inside the business has non-local connections with outside the business. A bit occult, but it is actually in the sciences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We use it in business science, we refer to it as surfing the edge of chaos.

Got you.

I use the Tendai concept of "take what's thrown at you and use what you got".  

I totally get the principles of the Laws of Attraction, I'm just not very good at putting it into practice. It makes sense to me as does the power of positive thinking. I don't believe anyone got anywhere by negative thinking. The only questions I have re the LOA are these, where does it fit in with a person's belief in God and if you wanted to use it for negative purposes ie you wanted to be the world's most prolific criminal, would it still work?or can it only be used without harming people?not that I want to!

16 minutes ago, Hugo Lamb said:

I don't believe anyone got anywhere by negative thinking.

Such a cliche, being a perennial doom-sayer clearly isn't productive, but neither is being bullish all the time. Negative judgements of propositions are not infrequently valid. 

sorry I did not phrase that correctly.....I'm a a fan of Charles Bukowski and negativity worked for him! I meant to have a persistant negative attitude with no self belief won't get you far in realizing what you want to achieve.

Trying to reduce the complexity of life to catch phrases, has limited value, that I can see. Some people seem to get all fired up for new ideas/ jobs/ businesses/ romances etc, and when it goes wrong, the crash devastates them. Better to be cautiously optimistic, don't put all your eggs in one basket, and recognize that the world is not conspiring either for or against you. But as a wise man once told me, there is a surfeit of people who look at life situations with the attitude "what can I get out of this", it isn't hard to see when people of that mind come together, the results are often disappointing. Better to have that idea of what you would like to get, but only with  a firm idea of what you can usefully bring as a benefit to others. What kind of rogue looks at some prospect that involves other people, and knows full well they cannot contribute anything worthwhile. One must be giver and taker both, I have often seen media reportage of couples celebrating very long marriages, and I've lost count of the number of times they've answered the question, what is the secret of a successful marriage, with the simple phrase, "give and take". Laying plans to "get" something or other, expeditiously, reminds me of Wile E Coyote, and the only beneficiary of his schemes seems to be Acme Products.

46 minutes ago, Hugo Lamb said:

I totally get the principles of the Laws of Attraction, I'm just not very good at putting it into practice. It makes sense to me as does the power of positive thinking. I don't believe anyone got anywhere by negative thinking. The only questions I have re the LOA are these, where does it fit in with a person's belief in God and if you wanted to use it for negative purposes ie you wanted to be the world's most prolific criminal, would it still work?or can it only be used without harming people?not that I want to!

It doesn't do anything external. It creates a cognitive change. Sometimes you need to change your thinking in order to create a better perspective and to take constructive actions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hugo Lamb said:

sorry I did not phrase that correctly.....I'm a a fan of Charles Bukowski and negativity worked for him! I meant to have a persistant negative attitude with no self belief won't get you far in realizing what you want to achieve.

The thing about a negative attitude is that it shows you want you don't want. However focusing on the negative can be a mental trap. While focusing only on the positive can lead to poor decision making. The best way would be to keep it all grounded. As realistic as possible. You want to change something, the first thing you'll have to do is fully acknowledge it. Then figure out how to improve it. By spending time thinking about what you want to achieve and taking steps in achieving it is far better than wishful thinking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The thing about a negative attitude is that it shows you want you don't want. However focusing on the negative can be a mental trap. While focusing only on the positive can lead to poor decision making. The best way would be to keep it all grounded. As realistic as possible. You want to change something, the first thing you'll have to do is fully acknowledge it. Then figure out how to improve it. By spending time thinking about what you want to achieve and taking steps in achieving it is far better than wishful thinking. 

i.e   Plan your work...and work your plan!

Often plans fail...when they do, it only means that something is wrong with the plan...start from the beginning or modify the plan...the focused positive attitude plays the role of not giving up when the plan fails...no matter how many times it fails...the old...if at first I don't succeed...I'll work the crap out of my plan until I do.  In the end is success.  Wishful thinking...in the end is just more continued wishful thinking.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

the focused positive attitude plays the role of not giving up when the plan fails...no matter how many times it fails...the old...if at first I don't succeed...I'll work the crap out of my plan until I do

The very plan championed by Wile E Coyote ! One begins to see the limitations of such formulae.

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The methods I have mentioned have there roots in Think and Grow Rich. I recommend reading it. Because on this is made clear, you need effort. So let's get started.

Read it a long time ago.  Good post.  Success is more work than woo I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Read it a long time ago.  Good post.  Success is more work than woo I guess.

Intentions give you a direction, actions lead to achieving it. Success is a matter of effort, even if you fail a 1000 times at least you can honestly say you tried.

• Like 3

What one person considers to be success, another will call failure. What makes some happy, won't make some others happy. People are different. The real trick in life is not to stray too far away from your basic personality, in the end it is no good trying to be what you ain't. Like the short, plain looking girl, who craves being a super-model. You can only (happily) be who you are.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Intentions give you a direction, actions lead to achieving it. Success is a matter of effort, even if you fail a 1000 times at least you can honestly say you tried.

No good wasting time trying to succeed at something if it isn't a realistic prospect, though.

Rabid, I don't think the universe gives you anything.  You choose what to take from what is available.  If you are smart and work hard, you get more and better choices.

When people say "Law of Attraction"  it becomes this magic woo thing separate from everyday common sense and life.  The laws of physics are not magic, understanding how the universe works gives you an advantage, but the universe doesn't magically roll over on its back so you can scratch its belly.  Understanding how your mind works also gives you great advantage.

Add the Law of Attraction into your toolkit

Along side it, remember The Law of cleaning your fingernails and combing your hair before a job interview.  It may not magic the interviewer, but improves your chances of getting a job

Don't forget the Law of wearing clean clothes and brushing your teeth before a first date.  Again, won't magic your partner, but might make a good impression.

Follow it up with the Law of cleaning up your room and taking out the trash. You will be surprised how much happier you become when there is less clutter in your life.

A wise man once told me about the Law of preparing for important tests and not drinking too much the night before or showing up late for the exam.  That law is awesome.  Every time I followed it, I did better on a test tan when I disobeyed it. That's the amazing structure of the universe and the power you tap into by following those laws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2