Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meghan, Harry, and the next royal baby due

Still Waters

Eleven months on since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex tied the knot, the arrival of the couple's first child is just around the corner.

So how much do we know about the future royal?

When's the baby due?

Initially we were told the couple's baby was coming in spring 2019.

Meghan has since revealed a little more, saying she was due at the end of April or start of May.

So now all we can do is watch and wait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934729

• Like 4

No doubt there will be heavy bets on the child's name.  William and Kate's third child was named 'Louis' and the odds were a staggering 120/1.  If Meghan gets to pick their child's name then the odds could be even greater as they might entirely forego the traditional royal baby names and pick something entirely unexpected.

• Like 1

I've seen where the couple wanted a home birth and to have some privacy. I hope their wishes are respected. I knew the baby would have duel citizenship but I thought Prince Harry and Meghan could refuse the US citizenship. I didn't know they had to wait until the child was 16 and could do so themselves. I knew Meghan was subject to US taxes on anything she earned but the IRS has no jurisdiction over Prince Harry. I don't expect the baby to have much income.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

I've seen where the couple wanted a home birth and to have some privacy. I hope their wishes are respected. I knew the baby would have duel citizenship but I thought Prince Harry and Meghan could refuse the US citizenship. I didn't know they had to wait until the child was 16 and could do so themselves. I knew Meghan was subject to US taxes on anything she earned but the IRS has no jurisdiction over Prince Harry. I don't expect the baby to have much income.

You are only subject to U.S. taxes if you work for a U.S. or multinational company with U.S. ties. I didn't have to pay any taxes working for a British company. I just had to make sure my accountant paid into my American SSI. It didn't have anything to do with my dual citizenship. Just the fact that the company was only in the UK and not in the U.S. 

• Like 1

How much do we know about the future royal? How much do we care?

Importance of scale of things that are important: ~ 2.3 at best. 

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

How much do we know about the future royal? How much do we care?

Importance of scale of things that are important: ~ 2.3 at best. 

c'mon we all know you cant wait.

never mind the name. The baby is to be the first black heritage Royal? (its monumental moment in History, on par with Obama becoming President) 

Its the Queens Birthday today. 93 years. holds the records for the longest-lived and longest-reigning British monarch, and is also the oldest and longest-reigning current monarch & oldest and longest-serving current head of state in the world.

truly exceptional devotion to duty.

Edited by stevewinn

26 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The baby is to be the first black heritage Royal? (its monumental moment in History, on par with Obama becoming President) 

Both Meghan and Barack are mixed race (50/50) unless you believe that White + Black = Black.

The new Royal baby will have 25% black ancestry.

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

Like mixing paint ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

^ I'm always puzzled when someone says these things.

Meghan and Barack are both mixed race (50/50) unless you believe that White + Black = Black.

its pretty easy to understand, - be puzzled no more, -  Meghan's mum Doria is black, both Doria's parents are black. that lineage is of black race. unless for some reason were to ignore that. Its not about 50/50 = black. its about acknowledging the lineage of Meghans family. Meghan & Harrys baby's grandmother is black race. this makes the Royal Baby the first to have black heritage in his/hers lineage.

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Like mixing paint ? 

no one wants a grey baby.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

@stevewinn

You quoted me before I edited my post. I'm not puzzled by it.

glad to hear it.

• Like 1