Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worldwide Walls

RoofGardener

I thought it might be amusing - considering the political turbulence in the USA over President Trump's southern border wall - to list security fences on borders around the world. 

To kick it off... I'm assuming that Nancy Pelosi and Rep. McGovern will be flying to Islamabad tonight to speak to Imran Khan, and try to explain to him that his recent initiative is racist and immoral. 

No.. we're not talking about Pakistan hammering England at cricket.. but at the new Wall (well, fence, anyway) that Pakistan is building along its border with Iran. They are under the delusion that it will increase border security, and help cut down terrorism ? 

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/20/491157/pakistan-has-decided-to-fence-border-with-iran-announces-shah-mahmood-qureshi/

Clearly Imran needs to be impeached.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I thought it might be amusing - considering the political turbulence in the USA over President Trump's southern border wall - to list security fences on borders around the world. 

To kick it off... I'm assuming that Nancy Pelosi and Rep. McGovern will be flying to Islamabad tonight to speak to Imran Khan, and try to explain to him that his recent initiative is racist and immoral. 

No.. we're not talking about Pakistan hammering England at cricket.. but at the new Wall (well, fence, anyway) that Pakistan is building along its border with Iran. They are under the delusion that it will increase border security, and help cut down terrorism ? 

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/20/491157/pakistan-has-decided-to-fence-border-with-iran-announces-shah-mahmood-qureshi/

Clearly Imran needs to be impeached.

Yikes this reads like grandpa missed his afternoon nap and is getting a little confusion anger going on.

To carry on with the tone in the OP i think the realistic outlook is that Trump decided that the border wasnt actually that big of a threat when he turned down 25 billion for that vitally necessary wall.

Slow down, take a drink of your ensure, get that blood sugar back up while you work this out. The southern border is SUCH A THREAT that a massive wall is needed, and yet, when offered 25 BILLION dollars for a wall he turned it down....hmmmm perhaps he should go and speak with Imran Khan to have him explain how one should act if and when there are real threats coming from your borders? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yikes this reads like grandpa missed his afternoon nap and is getting a little confusion anger going on.

To carry on with the tone in the OP i think the realistic outlook is that Trump decided that the border wasnt actually that big of a threat when he turned down 25 billion for that vitally necessary wall.

Slow down, take a drink of your ensure, get that blood pressure back up while you work this out. The southern border is SUCH A THREAT that a massive wall is needed, and yet, when offered 25 BILLION dollars for a wall he turned it down....hmmmm perhaps he should go and speak with Imran Khan to have him explain how one should act if and when there are real threats coming from your borders? 

1) That deal was rejected by the Senate

2) The democrats have since withdrawn that deal ? Why ? 

Anyway, this thread is about other walls in other places :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It'd probably be the Iranians who wanted it to defend them against terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

1) That deal was rejected by the Senate

Only because Trump had said he wouldnt sign it and the subservient GOP complied

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

2) The democrats have since withdrawn that deal ? Why ? 

Because the GOP wouldnt agree to it in the senate per Trump's instructions

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Anyway, this thread is about other walls in other places :)

Then stick to the facts ma'am. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

It'd probably be the Iranians who wanted it to defend them against terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

HAH... the two of them deserve each other from THAT point of view ! :) 

• Like 1

We should build walls where the majority of illegal peoples and drugs come from: airports.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

We should build walls where the majority of illegal peoples and drugs come from: airports.

Sea ports too. :)

• Like 4

Well, strangely, Pakistan disagrees. 

It's built it's wall with Iran on the land border. 

Perhaps you should phone Imran Khan up and explain to him that he's built it in the wrong location ? 

***edit****

Oh... and so has Hungry. Umm.. and France. 

Oh dear... they ALL appear to have totaly misunderstood ? Perhaps you should go on a speaking tour explaining this to them @Imaginarynumber1 ? Oh, and while your at it, tell them that they are immoral and racist ? 

Oh.. and the following countries.... 

Gosh, what an immoral and racist bunch they are. 

Oh.. unless the US Democrats are mistaken in their characterisation of the President's wall ? 

Nah.. that couldn't POSSIBLY be the case. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Trump's wall isn't immoral.  It's just an ineffective waste of money and a vanity wall. With his National emergency declaration and scraping of funds he managed to get the 8 billion he said that he needed.  He's also had two years to show results.  But the problem seems to be worse and now he is complaining that the laws need to be changed because he finally realized that people can claim asylum from US soil on the Mexican side of the wall. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, strangely, Pakistan disagrees. 

It's built it's wall with Iran on the land border. 

Perhaps you should phone Imran Khan up and explain to him that he's built it in the wrong location ? 

***edit****

Oh dear... they ALL appear to have totaly misunderstood ? Perhaps you should go on a speaking tour explaining this to them @Imaginarynumber1 ? Oh, and while your at it, tell them that they are immoral and racist ? 

Oh.. and the following countries.... 

Gosh, what an immoral and racist bunch they are. 

Oh.. unless the US Democrats are mistaken in their characterisation of the President's wall ? 

Nah.. that couldn't POSSIBLY be the case. 

Sure. I'll get right on that.

Oh wait.... I dont actually give a **** 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hungary? The folks that marched to the beat of Hitlers drum without question?

Sorry. except for the Siccosahk. They were Unitarian and Calvinist, not Catholic and would have none of that ****. 

What you don't understand is the Mexican-American border is a artificial border with the same folks on both sides. How would you like your community, farm or ranch cut in half? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Piney said:

Hungary? The folks that marched to the beat of Hitlers drum without question?

Sorry. except for the Siccosahk. They were Unitarian and Calvinist, not Catholic and would have none of that ****. 

What you don't understand is the Mexican-American border is a artificial border with the same folks on both sides. How would you like your community, farm or ranch cut in half? 

Yeeeess.... an artificial border with the same folks on both sides ? 

Ummm... doesn't that apply do 99.9% of the worlds borders ? It doesn't stop them from building walls.

• Like 2

Yeeeess.... an artificial border with the same folks on both sides ? 

Ummm... doesn't that apply do 99.9% of the worlds borders ? It doesn't stop them from building walls.

I love it Trumpians are now arguing that we should be like the rest of the world :lol:

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I love it Trumpians are now arguing that we should be like the rest of the world :lol:

Who are YOU calling a "Trumpian" ? :( 

Who are YOU calling a "Trumpian" ? :( 

You amigo. You do appear to try and walk the middle road but you declared your status with this ridiculous thread.

Ill most likely change my mind in the next thread but for this one when walking like a duck dont be shocked when people throw crackers.......LOL im hilarious

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

You amigo. You do appear to try and walk the middle road but you declared your status with this ridiculous thread.

Ill most likely change my mind in the next thread but for this one when walking like a duck dont be shocked when people throw crackers.......LOL im hilarious

My approach in this forum to Trump is like my approach to Israel. I merely point out the errors and contradictions of people who rabidly post against both groups. Some people think that this means I LIKE both groups. They are wrong. 

Oh.. and what is ridiculous about this thread ? Exactly ? 

Oh.. and what is ridiculous about this thread ? Exactly ? 

Well for starters you're comparing the border between Mexico and the US to the border of  Iran and Pakistan. The only thing the two situations have in common is that they are both referred to as borders.

Well, strictly speaking, I'm referring to the building of walls (or anti-personnel fences) along borders, not the borders themselves. In particular, I'm pointing out the fallacy of some the criticism of President Trump's "wall". His "wall" has been described as racist and immoral by "the Left", including no less a luminary than Nancy Pelosi, and yet no criticism is leveled at the OTHER countries (some 40+ of them) who have built border walls.

In a similar vein, many have criticised the "Trump" wall as being an ineffective solution, ignoring the 40+ other countries who found that a "wall" was HIGHLY effective. 

Hmm.. perhaps I should start a series of posts... "Wall of the Week".. describing these 40+ walls, and their success (or otherwise). 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, strictly speaking, I'm referring to the building of walls (or anti-personnel fences) along borders, not the borders themselves. In particular, I'm pointing out the fallacy of some the criticism of President Trump's "wall". His "wall" has been described as racist and immoral by "the Left", including no less a luminary than Nancy Pelosi, and yet no criticism is leveled at the OTHER countries (some 40+ of them) who have built border walls.

Which led me to my mocking about Trumpians now saying we should be like other nations. 

There are multiple arguments as to why a wall could be viewed as immoral. While thats not my personal issue with the concept I think that when looking at the statue of liberty type values of historical America there is an argument that can be made....particularly regarding the manner the wall is being pushed.

32 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

In a similar vein, many have criticised the "Trump" wall as being an ineffective solution, ignoring the 40+ other countries who found that a "wall" was HIGHLY effective. 

Really though here in the US statistically speaking the wall WONT be effective against illegal immigration because statistically speaking the vast majority of illegal immigrants arrive via legal ports of entry and overstay their visas.  Thats just fact.

Further comparing the wall to those 40+ nations is ridiculous because of the geographic realities involved.  The chorus of mouth breathers singing "tell Israel walls dont work"  seem to have problems comprehending both length and logistics (their poor wives). 400 miles of a static object to defend is much easier than 1900. Oh and oceans and that whole Canada thing.

Im honestly not against the strategic location of barriers on the southern border. I am however opposed to wasteful racist vanity projects that have already had any EPA oversight waived. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

No,

Mexico was once Texas ( who ceded to keep their slaves) and most of the Southwest. Indian tribes ( The Pima ,certain Apache Bands and Papago are on both sides). Several Algonquian bands live in Mexico but have a joint residency. Several farmers and ranchers have land on both sides and several communities are on both sides. 

I haven't seen that in many European countries. I have seen it in China but the Chinese don't make a big deal about it except for the Muslim UIghurs who are becoming a problem.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

No,

Mexico was once Texas ( who ceded to keep their slaves) and most of the Southwest. Indian tribes ( The Pima ,certain Apache Bands and Papago are on both sides). Several Algonquian bands live in Mexico but have a joint residency. Several farmers and ranchers have land on both sides and several communities are on both sides. 

I haven't seen that in many European countries. I have seen it in China but the Chinese don't make a big deal about it except for the Muslim UIghurs who are becoming a problem.

Oh I don't know Piney. Many parts of France where once British. And many parts of Britain where once Scandanavian. All of Belgium was once somewhere else. The European nations where forever swapping territories. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh I don't know Piney. Many parts of France where once British. And many parts of Britain where once Scandanavian. All of Belgium was once somewhere else. The European nations where forever swapping territories. 

and splitting ethnic groups? Or were groups mixing intentionally?

Both Mexico ans the U.S allowed the gangs and cartels to get out of control. Half the time it was the ranchers and farmers who had to deal with the smugglers without help. The New Jersey State Police were outright afraid of the gangs and avoided interacting with them. The Texas Rangers the opposite, but the Lefties won't let them do what needs to be done.

A border wall is a useless waste of resources. Go after the cartels themselves if you want to fix things. I'm more than certain Mexico wouldn't mind the U.S targeting them rather than trying to stop their routes. 

Build the wall, and a major transit "point" is removed, forcing the smugglers and illegal immigrants to 'funnel' into tighter and tighter corridors. 

This seems very obvious to me ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh I don't know Piney. Many parts of France where once British.

About 500 years ago. 

And many parts of Britain where once Scandanavian.

1000 years ago. 

All of Belgium was once somewhere else. The European nations where forever swapping territories. 

200 years ago. 

And the key thing about all your examples? None of them had a border wall. They encouraged the intermingling of different cultures to create one new one. Rather than splitting an existing one into two arbitrary halves. 

The only time I know of that that's been done is the partitioning of the middle east after WWI. And that's gone so well, hasn't it?