Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worldwide Walls

RoofGardener

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I like Tucker about 1/2 the time

I don’t agree with Tucker sometimes either, but I don’t try calling him a racist when I don’t agree with him, especially when I know better.

but he is pompous and smug and promotes opposite groupthink

I see him as a spoiled little rich white boy.  And despite that, he is in tune with calling out the corruption of the power hungry.

which is still groupthink.

Given that, everything is groupthink.  It just amounts to which brand of groupthink you follow.  Tucker speaks out against the groupthink of intolerance and identity politics of the Progressives.  I believe that most Conservatives are in that same camp.

• Like 1

LOL this is off the off topic topic but I just saw this and thought it was worth a share

Tucker Carlson unironically says it’s ‘fascist’ to suggest a political opponent should go to jail :lol:  Self awareness simply doesnt exist with these folks

59 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL this is off the off topic topic but I just saw this and thought it was worth a share

Tucker Carlson unironically says it’s ‘fascist’ to suggest a political opponent should go to jail :lol:  Self awareness simply doesnt exist with these folks

I can't read that link as it demands I remove my addblocker. 

I HAVE heard Carlson criticising left-wingers for demanding Trump be locked up for... well.. for being Trump. Is that the sort of comment you are referring to ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Look at his tie. Its more than one piece by Tucker ............waaaaiiit as a regular viewer you also know damn well he didnt only discuss immigration once , caught you ya b******  :lol:

Not so. He is renown for changing his tie in mid-speech. 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I can't read that link as it demands I remove my addblocker. 

I HAVE heard Carlson criticising left-wingers for demanding Trump be locked up for... well.. for being Trump. Is that the sort of comment you are referring to ? 

Heres one Tucker Carlson proves he has no sense of irony Wait until the Fox News host hears about Trump.

“These people are fascist,” Carlson proclaimed in response to footage of Reps. Jackie Speier (D-CA) and Steve Cohen (D-TN) calling for Barr to be imprisoned, a possible — but unlikely — discipline for contempt of Congress.

“Lock him up! Send him to jail!” the Fox News host said in an effort to mock these Democratic lawmakers, with no apparent sense of irony.

This is really good propaganda and a pretty decent example of the gaslighting of America I keep talking about.

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Honestly man just watch the video . Here is Tucker's words juxtaposed directly with those of prominent white supremacists.

Video: Fox News' Tucker Carlson echoes white nationalists, white supremacists, and neo-Nazis

isn't it fun what you can do with editing!  

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Doesn't matter. Free market so none of your business. If you don't like it, take your custom elsewhere. 

Free market? You don't really believe there's a free market when it comes to any kind of platform on the internet do you? :mellow: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

“These people are fascist,” Carlson proclaimed in response to footage of Reps. Jackie Speier (D-CA) and Steve Cohen (D-TN) calling for Barr to be imprisoned, a possible — but unlikely — discipline for contempt of Congress.

“Lock him up! Send him to jail!” the Fox News host said in an effort to mock these Democratic lawmakers, with no apparent sense of irony.

They are fascist.  You aren't even aware of what they are doing.  Barr sees through their mini show trial and isn’t having any part of it.  Do you know why they want to hold him in contempt of Congress?  First, Nadler is not following proper House procedure trying to bow beat Barr into a perjury trap.  Second, Nadler wants Barr to release the unredacted Mueller report.  Everyone on the House Judiciary can go into the scif and read it.  Barr refusing to release the report means that the Progs can’t leak the unredacted report without revealing who leaked it.  If Nadler tries to arrest Barr for contempt of Congress, Barr could just as easily have Nadler arrested for obstruction of justice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Setton said:

Doesn't matter. Free market so none of your business. If you don't like it, take your custom elsewhere. 

It’s not really the free market.  Zuckerberg crossed the line becoming an enforcement arm of the Progressives.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Free market? You don't really believe there's a free market when it comes to any kind of platform on the internet do you? :mellow: 

Of course there is. Anyone can start their own website and host whatever content they like. They can also not host whatever they like. 

• Like 2

Just now, RavenHawk said:

It’s not really the free market.  Zuckerberg crossed the line becoming an enforcement arm of the Progressives.

His company, his choice. If you don't like it, go elsewhere or start your own. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

His company, his choice. If you don't like it, go elsewhere or start your own. 

Absolutely!  While it's not unconstitutional to favor one ideology over another, especially when it is counter American, but if private platforms outright ban certain types of protected speech, it sets an uncomfortable precedent for the values of free speech.  I suspect that going elsewhere is the answer.  Zuckerberg will lose his monopoly.  Just as viewers are flocking away from CNN & MSNBC for FOX because of the hatred and bias they spew, alternate internet platforms that do protect free speech will become more popular because people will have the freedom of choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Absolutely!  While it's not unconstitutional to favor one ideology over another, especially when it is counter American, but if private platforms outright ban certain types of protected speech, it sets an uncomfortable precedent for the values of free speech.  I suspect that going elsewhere is the answer.  Zuckerberg will lose his monopoly.  Just as viewers are flocking away from CNN & MSNBC for FOX because of the hatred and bias they spew, alternate internet platforms that do protect free speech will become more popular because people will have the freedom of choice.

Yeah I read about that and it was mainly due to Muellers report.  So what happens when Barr is forced to release the full report and people find out what he was really hiding about Trump's activities?  They'll flock back to CNN and abandon Fox for being the biased mouthpiece it is.

Edited by Black Red Devil

9 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

So what happens when Barr is forced to release the full report and people find out

That there was no collusion and not enough evidence to charge for obstruction?  You assume a LOT, considering Mueller said that nothing Barr included in his letter was incorrect or less than truthful.  The very fact that they're coming against him in ever more shrill outrages tells me someone in the Swamp is living the nightmare.  The only way Barr could release the unredacted report would be to knowingly violate the law concerning Grand Jury testimony.  I suspect they'll shop around for a judge that will give them a pass and people who find themselves in front of a Grand Jury in the future will know that everything they talk about can be used to crucify them at the whim of some prosecutor.  I have a feeling that Barr is going to make this a long hot miserable summer.  At least for HRC and Co.  

31 minutes ago, and then said:

That there was no collusion and not enough evidence to charge for obstruction?  You assume a LOT, considering Mueller said that nothing Barr included in his letter was incorrect or less than truthful.  The very fact that they're coming against him in ever more shrill outrages tells me someone in the Swamp is living the nightmare.  The only way Barr could release the unredacted report would be to knowingly violate the law concerning Grand Jury testimony.  I suspect they'll shop around for a judge that will give them a pass and people who find themselves in front of a Grand Jury in the future will know that everything they talk about can be used to crucify them at the whim of some prosecutor.  I have a feeling that Barr is going to make this a long hot miserable summer.  At least for HRC and Co.  

No, he said that Barr didn't capture the essence of his findings on Trump which is basically like saying he pick and chose what to release.  Saying to the world there is no direct evidence that Trump was directly guilty and leaving out the fact there was obstruction in providing clear evidence by several of his entourage doesn't mean someone is lying but, truthful, not in my book.  Especially considering you are the AG of the nation, not Trump's lawyer. 

When Pelosi gets him to release the full report, that most Americans want to see BTW, then the fun will start.  At which point I predict, most fanatical right wing nutcases (a large percentage going by what I see as a small snapshot here on UM) will be polishing their popguns and getting ready for a civil war because their beloved leader will be challenged into telling the truth, a human quality he's completely void of.

• Confused 1

So what do people think of the Bangladeshi wall ? 

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

So what are you complaining about? 

9 hours ago, Setton said:

Of course there is. Anyone can start their own website and host whatever content they like. They can also not host whatever they like. 

and what would happen to it? It'd either by swallowed up by FaceGoogle, or it'd be marginalized by being tarred with the "far-right" brush, as has already happened to several alternative platforms, so "respectable" advertisers etc don['t go near it and of course it would be ignored by G**gle's search al gore rhythms. 

For goodness sake, you can pretend to be very naive sometimes. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yeah I read about that and it was mainly due to Muellers report.  So what happens when Barr is forced to release the full report and people find out what he was really hiding about Trump's activities?  They'll flock back to CNN and abandon Fox for being the biased mouthpiece it is.

so you're still clinging on to that as your little beacon of hope that keep you going through these dark times?

4 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Saying to the world there is no direct evidence that Trump was directly guilty and leaving out the fact there was obstruction in providing clear evidence by several of his entourage doesn't mean someone is lying but, truthful, not in my book. 

why don't you understand that "obstruction" is (a) trivial, and (b) irrelevant to the question of Russian Collusion in the Glorious US Electrical Process? Not that it's relevant to the subject of walls.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

So what do people think of the Bangladeshi wall ? 

How about some of these? How about the India/Bhutan one. Not too much of a challenge I'd speculate.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

so you're still clinging on to that as your little beacon of hope that keep you going through these dark times?

Why you don't think Pelosi will squeze him into releasing the incriminating evidence? 

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

No, he said that Barr didn't capture the essence of his findings on Trump which is basically like saying he pick and chose what to release.  Saying to the world there is no direct evidence that Trump was directly guilty and leaving out the fact there was obstruction in providing clear evidence by several of his entourage doesn't mean someone is lying but, truthful, not in my book.  Especially considering you are the AG of the nation, not Trump's lawyer. 

When Pelosi gets him to release the full report, that most Americans want to see BTW, then the fun will start.  At which point I predict, most fanatical right wing nutcases (a large percentage going by what I see as a small snapshot here on UM) will be polishing their popguns and getting ready for a civil war because their beloved leader will be challenged into telling the truth, a human quality he's completely void of.

I don't think they CAN release the 'full report'. At least, not the bits in it that are confidential intelligence ? 

Don't you see a shell game here ? The Meuller Report was absolutely, definitely going to find Trump guilty of collusion with the Russians. Many senior people opined on CNN and MSNBC that they had SEEN extracts of the report, and it POSITIVELY demonstrated that Trump HAD colluded, etcetera etcetera. It was 95% certain that Trump had colluded, just like it was 95% certain that Clinton would win the election. 

And then.. disaster. So then they (briefly) tried turning on Mueller (still a future option, methinks), before rounding on Barr, and suggesting that he hasn't released the full report to the public. (which I don't think he can do, if it contains confidential information). 

And when Barr is proven to be exonerated of any wrongdoing, who will the Left try and eat then ? Mueller ? Pelosi ? Their own legs ? Each other ? 

ANYWAY... I hope you've enjoyed your little divergence from The Topic. 

What are your points on the Bangladeshi wall ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

How about some of these? How about the India/Bhutan one. Not too much of a challenge I'd speculate.

ROFL.... "Australia and Everywhere" ..... excellent. 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't think they CAN release the 'full report'. At least, not the bits in it that are confidential intelligence ? 

Don't you see a shell game here ? The Meuller Report was absolutely, definitely going to find Trump guilty of collusion with the Russians. Many senior people opined on CNN and MSNBC that they had SEEN extracts of the report, and it POSITIVELY demonstrated that Trump HAD colluded, etcetera etcetera. It was 95% certain that Trump had colluded, just like it was 95% certain that Clinton would win the election. 

And then.. disaster. So then they (briefly) tried turning on Mueller (still a future option, methinks), before rounding on Barr, and suggesting that he hasn't released the full report to the public. (which I don't think he can do, if it contains confidential information). 

And when Barr is proven to be exonerated of any wrongdoing, who will the Left try and eat then ? Mueller ? Pelosi ? Their own legs ? Each other ? 

ANYWAY... I hope you've enjoyed your little divergence from The Topic. 

What are your points on the Bangladeshi wall ? 

You make it sound like he's a victim without considering the people in his entourage that have already claimed to be guilty and also the fact that its been established that Russians did infiltrate the election process and he was the intended beneficiary.  Anyway, you're right, it's the wrong thread and as it is I've had limited interest in posting in the other one so no point doing it here.  As for your walls, my opinion was in my initial post in this thread and I don't think you liked it much. :P