Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random Staircase in giant garden.

Runaway_Misfit

The secret garden in the woods

So, like i usually do on a saturday I went down the hill into the woods. Usually no one except me and a couple other kids ever go down into the woods. I guess i'm a rebel. I walked down near a small stream and suddenly it opens up to two 6 ft long, perfectly white pillars. Inbetween these two pillars was a giant field of perfect, green grass. Along the grass a flower or two decorated the scene. At the middle of the 20x20 yd garden was a staircase. And it spiralled twice before stopping at the top. It was around 3x my height of 5'3''. Naturally, I climbed the staircase to the summit. I felt quite queasy but it was a gorgeous scene. I immediately ran back home to tell my sister shallon but when i went to show her. I followed the same current to the same spot. And I swear it was the same spot. Is there any explanation to this that you know of? Would love to know what happened.

• Like 4

Welcome to UM, Runaway_Misfit :st

Sadly, I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you an explanation as to why the garden disappeared .... it will just have to be a lovely, mysterious memory for you(and perhaps sweeter because you were the only one who saw it).

• Like 2

Welcome to UM, R_M. :)

There may have been a house and garden(s) there in the past. The staircase could be a part of an ornamental feature, a folly, or the house itself.

If you keep on looking, I'm sure you will find it again.

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Lamb said:

There is quite a lot of stuff on Reddit, I think it was, about random staircases in the middle of woods and forests

The only thing that comes to mind regarding the bold is a long abandoned structure. Old houses and such. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Runaway_Misfit said:

The secret garden in the woods

So, like i usually do on a saturday I went down the hill into the woods. Usually no one except me and a couple other kids ever go down into the woods. I guess i'm a rebel. I walked down near a small stream and suddenly it opens up to two 6 ft long, perfectly white pillars. Inbetween these two pillars was a giant field of perfect, green grass. Along the grass a flower or two decorated the scene. At the middle of the 20x20 yd garden was a staircase. And it spiralled twice before stopping at the top. It was around 3x my height of 5'3''. Naturally, I climbed the staircase to the summit. I felt quite queasy but it was a gorgeous scene. I immediately ran back home to tell my sister shallon but when i went to show her. I followed the same current to the same spot. And I swear it was the same spot. Is there any explanation to this that you know of? Would love to know what happened.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the garden and staircase seemed to disappear?

vivid imagination