Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

The NY Times is now reporting 24 arrested. So is CNN. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/22/world/asia/sri-lanka-bombing-explosion.html

Several countries have warned their citizens to be extra cautious if traveling in Sri Lanka.

https://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/is-it-safe-to-travel-to-sri-lanka-governments-update-advisories-1.851690

Just seen that the three Danes killed were Anders Polvsen's children :(   Polvsen is a really great guy with what he's been doing in the Scottish Highlands and a good friend to the Mountain Bothies Association, the charity I help run.  Makes it all feel a lot more personal.

• Sad 3

Sri Lanka's Health Minister confirmed it was 7 suicide bombers from the radical domestic Islamic group National Thowfeek Jamaath that carried out the bombings. He says he believes they had international ties. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/22/sri-lanka-bombings-national-thowfeek-jamaath-responsible-atttacks/3536784002/

Another blast took place today when police tried to defuse explosives found in a van and it detonated. No one was injured. Dozens more were found at Colombo's main bus station.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/sri-lanka-bombings-death-toll-easter-attack-churches-hotels-live-updates-22-04-2019/

Edited by susieice

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There will be some level of peace in this world when there is no religion to fight over.

Theres that popular nonsense again. No, no there will not. Its a nice (superficial) thought, but 'religious wars' are not the problem. Power hungry nations / individuals, are - some of which use religion as the flag they commit their politically motivated crimes under, others use 'humanitarianism' (as in 'we must save the people from their evil dictator'). Which should tell anyone that if religion is removed, exactly thesame will continue under a different banner, like it always has.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Theres that popular nonsense again. No, no there will not. Its a nice (superficial) thought, but 'religious wars' are not the problem. Power hungry nations / individuals, are - some of which use religion as the flag they commit their politically motivated crimes under, others use 'humanitarianism' (as in 'we must save the people from their evil dictator'). Which should tell anyone that if religion is removed, exactly thesame will continue under a different banner, like it always has.

I don't really care. The world can burn and I'm sure it will.

20 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

An terrorist group has attacked christian churches and hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, killing over 200 people. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-48002165

Everyone knows who has done this, but no media outlet is letting on, lest it cause public unrest and attacks on co-religionists.

People have been arrested for it, and two named. But - at the request of the Sri Lankan government, no media outlet is printing their names, for fear of "community unrest". 

I don't know which is more sickening; the attacks, or the media and government response. 

Sure, theres a giant conspiracy to not mention 'evil Islam' when 'they' commit yet another heinouss crime against the good ol' apex of civilization, pinnacle of global justice, defenders of tiranical regime victims - The West, right?

With 'terrorist acts' (that is to say, the mass killing of innocent civilians not done by Western assets and/or players), officials will, sometimes (as opposed to 911, Skripal etc), need to not immediately cast blame until the facts are gathered and evaluated. If you actually click the link you forwarded here yourself, you would find 'extremist Islam', and more specifically National Thowheed Jamath is mentioned as the culprit.

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't really care. The world can burn and I'm sure it will.

Nihilist much? Its exactly this sentiment which helps power hungry individuals to do what they do, commit the crimes they commit. "I dont care if the world burns, and Im sure it will anyway." Ironic you would state this right after exclaiming a global ban on religion in favor of humanity, peace.

1 minute ago, Phaeton80 said:

Nihilist much? Its exactly this sentiment which helps power hungry individuals to do what they do, commit the crimes they commit. "I dont care if the world burns, and Im sure it will anyway." Ironic you would state this right after exclaiming a global ban on religion in favor of humanity, peace.

Nothing matters anyway. It's all an exercise in futility. Underneath it all there is only chaos and illusions. 

7 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Sure, theres a giant conspiracy to not mention 'evil Islam' when 'they' commit yet another heinouss crime against the good ol' apex of civilization, pinnacle of global justice, defenders of tiranical regime victims - The West, right?

With 'terrorist acts' (that is to say, the mass killing of innocent civilians not done by Western assets and/or players), officials will, sometimes (as opposed to 911, Skripal etc), need to not immediately cast blame until the facts are gathered and evaluated. If you actually click the link you forwarded here yourself, you would find 'extremist Islam', and more specifically National Thowheed Jamath is mentioned as the culprit.

And yet, the most recent BBC report on the article doesn't use the word "Islam" ONCE. (other than when reporting Mike Pence's words... and I guess they could neither censor his words, nor fail to report them, without people making a huge fuss about it). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-48002165

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing matters anyway. It's all an exercise in futility. Underneath it all there is only chaos and illusions. 

Ofcourse it does, yours is just a role ordained.

290 people killed :-(   Do they know who did it?.

4 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Aye, no religion just means people will hide behind other flags.  Envy and hatred for those who think differently, and a desire for everyone to do as I want, will always find an excuse.  Humans are not nice people.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Impedancer said:

Yes... sort of.. but they're not allowed to SAY who did it, in case it makes people angry about the residents of the country that believe in the same thing. 

It appears that governments are happy for their citizens to be slaughtered, in order to prevent the murderers rioting !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Impedancer said:

The usual - radical adherents of the religion of peace.

• Like 2

And the death toll is rising

:(.

Edited by Impedancer

Insanity.    So much sadness and pain in the world.   There is no "reason" or belief which can justify such horrible acts.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 2

I saw where Twitter caught fire because Obama and Clinton referred to the victims as Easter Worshippers. Who worships Easter? They say Muslim but won't say Christian. I heard the argument got rough. Thank goodness, I don't Twitter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

The caption below the picture makes it sound like people are imagining the attacks.  It's not a theme, it's real.  It doesn't affect activists, it affects Christians.  We clearly don't have to imagine the bias of the Washington Post.

• Like 3

Hillary Clinton, a life-long Methodist, declares herself Christian. It's really simple. Just say a few of the attacks were on Christian churches during Easter services. Just like you would say a Muslim mosque. Both should be condemned as being attacks on a place of worship.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-private-faith-of-hillary-clinton

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

I saw where Twitter caught fire because Obama and Clinton referred to the victims as Easter Worshippers. Who worships Easter? They say Muslim but won't say Christian.

Dear god thats idiotic.

Easter worshipers arent people who are worshiping the holiday they are people who are worshiping ON The holiday. Sunday worshipers are people who are worshiping on a Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Dear god thats idiotic.

Easter worshipers arent people who are worshiping the holiday they are people who are worshiping ON The holiday. Sunday worshipers are people who are worshiping on a Sunday.

Worthless and clueless. Done with your responses! If you can't respond without nonsense, don't respond at all.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Worthless and clueless. Done with your responses! If you can't respond without nonsense, don't respond at all.

So me thinking that people on twitter are idiotic for not grasping the english language makes me worthless and clueless? Nonsense? What? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So me thinking that people on twitter are idiotic for not grasping the english language makes me worthless and clueless? Nonsense? What? :lol:

You aren't funny. People don't worship Easter. They are Christians attending an Easter service. They don't worship Christmas either. Clinton's many religions remark was off also. Judaism celebrates Passover, not Easter. If you don't want to speak properly, don't speak at all. None of the media had a hard time saying Christian or are having one now. Only those two.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2