Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

You aren't funny. People don't worship Easter. They are Christians attending an Easter service. They don't worship Christmas either. Clinton's many religions remark was off also. Judaism celebrates Passover, not Easter. If you don't want to speak properly, don't speak at all. None of the media had a hard time saying Christian or are having one now. Only those two.

Man I dont know what to say other than this is a paranoid fantasy.  I went looking for examples and found someone had already written an article on this lunacy

Why Conservatives Are So Angry About Obama’s Reference to “Easter Worshippers”

Before Sunday, to be clear, the term Easter worshipper was considered straightforward enough that the AP used it in a headline about another recent church-based international tragedy: “Tourists, Easter Worshippers Lament Closure of Notre Dame.” Nevertheless, let me try to help: “Easter worshippers” describes Christians in church on Easter Sunday. The term is more descriptive than “Christians,” because it conveys the additional fact that the victims were actively celebrating Easter when they were killed. They are worshippers, and it is Easter. If it helps, try putting the emphasis on worshippers in the phrase: It’s Easter worshippers, not Easter-worshippers.

Here is how the construction works in similar contexts:

• BBC: “Finsbury Park Attack: Roses for Ramadan Worshipers”

• The Guardian: “Afghanistan Suicide Bomber Kills Eid Worshippers at Mosque, Police Say”

• The Jewish Telegraphic Agency: “Homeless Couple Attacks Synagogue Worshippers in Buenos Aires”

So here are several examples of the use of worshipers, no need for a massive conspiracy, its just the English language.

• Like 1

There are now 40 under arrest and the death toll has risen to 310. 

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/sri-lanka-arrests-40-suspects-after-bombings-toll-up-to-310/article26918207.ece

The US has identified one operative and are looking into links to ISIS.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/sri-lanka-attacks-churches-hotels-dle-intl/index.html

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man I dont know what to say other than this is a paranoid fantasy.  I went looking for examples and found someone had already written an article on this lunacy

Why Conservatives Are So Angry About Obama’s Reference to “Easter Worshippers”

So here are several examples of the use of worshipers, no need for a massive conspiracy, its just the English language.

I'm not paranoid. I'm just saying I can say the word church. Sorry. It's just the English language.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

I'm not paranoid. I'm just saying. Sorry. It's just the English language.

I have to ask are you mad at Trump for not saying Christians?

By my count, Beto O’Rourke is the only major 2020 presidential candidate who used the word Christian in his tweet lamenting the attacks. That includes Trump, who mentioned the “attack on churches and hotels” but did not as of yet name the religious group who might have been worshipping in those churches.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I have to ask are you mad at Trump for not saying Christians?

He can at least say the word church. There were three churches attacked. Very simple sentence. Why can't some people accept that and just say it? He messed up, as usual, but he could say church.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

He can at least say the word church. There were three churches attacked. Very simple sentence. Why can't some people accept that and just say it? He messed up, as usual, but he could say church.

Can you explain why that is more respectful than Easter Worshipers? 

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Before Sunday, to be clear, the term Easter worshipper was considered straightforward enough that the AP used it in a headline about another recent church-based international tragedy: “Tourists, Easter Worshippers Lament Closure of Notre Dame.” Nevertheless, let me try to help: “Easter worshippers” describes Christians in church on Easter Sunday. The term is more descriptive than “Christians,” because it conveys the additional fact that the victims were actively celebrating Easter when they were killed. They are worshippers, and it is Easter. If it helps, try putting the emphasis on worshippers in the phrase: It’s Easter worshippers, not Easter-worshippers.

Here is how the construction works in similar contexts:

• BBC: “Finsbury Park Attack: Roses for Ramadan Worshipers”

• The Guardian: “Afghanistan Suicide Bomber Kills Eid Worshippers at Mosque, Police Say”

• The Jewish Telegraphic Agency: “Homeless Couple Attacks Synagogue Worshippers in Buenos Aires”

These are wrong too. Jews don't worship Synagogues. They worship in them. Muslims don't worship Ramadan. They celebrate it. Why can't people simply say an attack was made on a mosque or a synagogue. These people and places have names. I guess this is the new politically correct movement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Can you explain why that is more respectful than Easter Worshipers? 

Go away. You don't comprehend and have no intention to. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, susieice said:

These are wrong too. Jews don't worship Synagogues. They worship in them. Muslims don't worship Ramadan. They celebrate it. Why can't people simply say an attack was made on a mosque or a synagogue. These people and places have names. I guess this is the new politically correct movement.

Man you are desperate to be a victim huh? Did you even bother to read the article I posted?

There are arguments for preferring “Christians” to “Easter worshippers” in this context. Southern Baptist writer and professor Denny Burk argued that persecuted Christians may prefer the straightforward term Christians because it highlights the faith they are willing to die for. That would be a stronger argument if Obama and other Democrats had used a term like Sri Lankans, without any religious meaning. But again, they did not do that. They used a term that is inextricably associated with Christianity. (In other contexts, in fact, conservative Christians make the point that not all holiday churchgoers are “real” Christians. As early-20th-century evangelist Billy Sunday once put it: “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.”)

This isnt political correctness it's you being manipulated by the media.

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Man you are desperate to be a victim huh? Did you even bother to read the article I posted?

This isnt political correctness it's you being manipulated by the media.

No it's you being you. I'm sorry. I don't worship Easter. And I see no media not calling this what it was. An attack on three churches. Enough now.

• Like 1

Go away. You don't comprehend and have no intention to. 

I fully comprehend. It is you who has taken a simple phrase and chosen to make it a political issue.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I fully comprehend. It is you who has taken a simple phrase and chosen to make it a political issue.

Now your trolling again as usual :lol::lol::lol::lol: Goodbye

• Like 3

No it's you being you. I'm sorry. I don't worship Easter. And I see no media not calling this what it was. An attack on three churches. Enough now.

An attack on Easter Worshipers at three churches.

No one is saying you or anyone else is worshiping Easter by saying Easter Worshipers. The phrase means people who were worshiping on Easter.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Man I think that may have  been the most frustrating interaction ive ever had on this site :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would argue that it takes a true savant of exquisitely attuned grievance collection to read an individual reference to “Easter worshippers” as an attempt to avoid acknowledging Christianity. Easter is the most important holiday in the Christian calendar. “Easter” has no other meaning. As a celebration, it is far less secularly degraded than Christmas. Bunnies aside, it is basically inaccessible as a holiday to anyone uncomfortable with acknowledging the story of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If anything, “Easter worshippers” puts extra emphasis on the religious nature of the attack by pointing out that it happened on a day of special spiritual meaning to victims. It implies: Not only did you attack Christians, you did it today of all days.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man I think that may have  been the most frustrating interaction ive ever had on this site :wacko:

Can't quite believe I've just had to read that piece of bizarre paranoia... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

Can't quite believe I've just had to read that piece of bizarre paranoia... 

susieice is just observing and expressing what many people are seeing regarding this subject...
(as you very well know)

bottom line...  Islam is protected and promoted.... Christianity is downgraded and demoted
by Left leaning Globalists who are working to a covert agenda.... probably because stripping the
white male of power and influence is part of the plot they have going...?  
(although ironically most of them planning this power shift are probably elderly white males..:wacko: ) 

Tucker Carlson says it well in this short piece...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bee said:

susieice is just observing and expressing what many people are seeing regarding this subject...
(as you very well know)

bottom line...  Islam is protected and promoted.... Christianity is downgraded and demoted
by Left leaning Globalists who are working to a covert agenda.... probably because stripping the
(although ironically most of them planning this power shift are probably elderly white males..:wacko: ) 

Man just when I think humanity has hit rock bottom Tucker comes along to prove that no we can go just a tad bit further.

What a bunch of manufactured paranoid delusion for the wannabe victim crowd. Saying Easter Worshipers is now somehow offensively avoiding saying Christians?

I really want to make a crack about 'snowflakes' but those pushing this garbage would have to actually believe it to qualify for the term. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man just when I think humanity has hit rock bottom Tucker comes along to prove that no we can go just a tad bit further.

What a bunch of manufactured paranoid delusion for the wannabe victim crowd. Saying Easter Worshipers is now somehow offensively avoiding saying Christians?

I really want to make a crack about 'snowflakes' but those pushing this garbage would have to actually believe it to qualify for the term. 

more and more people have realized what's going on.... so more and more people like you are
required to try to keep the lid on it...

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bee said:

more and more people have realized what's going on.... so more and more people like you are

Nah the conspiracy mongers have just gotten desperate and lazy bee. Comeon this one is so laughable even you couldnt come up with much of a defense for it beyond some vague  "people like you" comment :lol:

25 minutes ago, bee said:

(as you very well know)

The only complaint people can make against politicians, based on this exchange, is for providing a pitiful education system. 

• Like 1

Welp no way this escalates :unsure:

State Defense Minister: Bombings were retaliation for Christchurch killings

Islamic extremists carried out Sunday's coordinated attacks in retaliation for a March attack on two mosques in New Zealand, said Ruwan Wijewardana, the Sri Lankan State Defense Minister.

Addressing parliament today, Wijewardana said that initial investigations showed "the chain of bombings" was carried out by "a radical Islam group" which he named as the National Tawheed Jamath (NTJ).

On 21/04/2019 at 9:14 PM, susieice said:

It is not enough anymore just to condemn attacks like that. Muslims need to take actions. We, muslims, are responsible for inaction towards our own terrorists and radicals. We have to take charge and get rid of them. This is our backyard, our religion that those b******* are messing up with their filth. Those victims are not only christians, they are our friends, neighbours, brothers and sisters. The terrorists are none of it, just filth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bee said:

Afraid to say words and call others paranoid. That is, unless they are running for office.

• Like 1