Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

25 minutes ago, susieice said:

Christians are targets all the time.

I agree fully, because religion - thats Abrahamic religion specifically - is under attack as a whole. Western society seems to be 'evolving' into a more and more secular, areligious form.. faster and faster (ie. more agressively).

That doesnt mean Islam is somehow having any special treatment, besides the specially negative maybe.

8 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

I agree fully, because religion - thats Abrahamic religion specifically - is under attack as a whole. Western society seems to be 'evolving' into a more and more secular, areligious form.. faster and faster (ie. more agressively).

That doesnt mean Islam is somehow having any special treatment, besides the specially negative maybe.

So the killing of all these people has a reasonable explanation? Most killing of Christian sects world wide doesn't even make the news. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, susieice said:

Christians are targets all the time.

Well, sunnies are slaugthering shias with the pace. How about that?

42 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Islam being defended and promoted..

Good lord what planet are you living on?!

Yes, some effort is made to protect 99.9% of global Muslims against those people who think all Muslims are evil terrorists, and rightly so.

Promoting Islam however, thats pretty rich from where Im standing.. These people are being socially outcast more or less in the whole of the West because their religion is being demonized (Islam = Evil, Islam = Terror) in full by political and non political groups alike. There are even very popular political parties whos main target is to outlaw Islam completely. Imagine that being done against Christians.. Guess some would need to walk in their shoes for a couple of weeks before the effects of such a treatment would become clear to them.

Lets get to the chase though; what examples do you have where Islam is being promoted, exactly?

Show me where I said this.

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Well, sunnies are slaugthering shias with the pace. How about that?

They always have. So you are also agreeing with these killings?

Just now, susieice said:

They always have. So you are also agreeing with these killings?

Nope... (Heck, my bad side says 'yes, let them eradicade themselves')

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

Nope... (Heck, my bad side says 'yes, let them eradicade themselves')

Your bad side still shouldn't be condoning mass murder. :P

Just now, susieice said:

Your bad side still shouldn't be condoning mass murder. :P

My bad side still thinks its bad, though I still have bad bad bad side even I'm afraid of - thats me.

Thank god I'm not God.

• Like 1

No kidding. We just had one burned down here. This was a hispanic Pentecostal church.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/bethlehem-church-fire-determined-to-be-arson/1072059962?fbclid=IwAR1oyHQyI4b5KdaBHvxnW-_z7xjGUi5EDQMAZKA6Iip79C851gqSwRQDhxM

Edited by susieice

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Show me where I said this.

Erm.. I was responding to Bee in that particular instance, the post youre quoting here.

Why so defensive?

1 minute ago, Phaeton80 said:

Erm.. I was responding to Bee in that particular instance, the post youre quoting here.

Why so defensive?

Just asking because I knew I didn't say anything like that.

1 hour ago, susieice said:

So the killing of all these people has a reasonable explanation? Most killing of Christian sects world wide doesn't even make the news. 

Ehh.. no? How on earth did you get that from my post?

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

3 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Ehh.. no? How on earth did you get that from my post?

You seem to be saying that religion is under attack and society is evolving but Islam is getting specially negative treatment. Just asking if you feel the attacks on Christian churches are justified. Mass murder against any religion should never be justified.

23 hours ago, susieice said:

Above all, these are just sick people and don't represent any ideology. 

Horse ****...

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Horse ****...

You found my messed up post where I was quoting black red devil. My response wasn't there. It's a couple posts down. You'll need to ask him.

Edited by susieice

23 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Above all, these are just sick people and don't represent any ideology. 

Equating the carnage done by fundamentalist Islam to that caused by nutters who hate non-whites may be accurate in principle but it's ludicrous in scale.  There is no doubt what the true threat comes from.  It's going to lead to regional, then global war and it isn't Evangelicals who are slaughtering innocents.

31 minutes ago, and then said:

Equating the carnage done by fundamentalist Islam to that caused by nutters who hate non-whites may be accurate in principle but it's ludicrous in scale.  There is no doubt what the true threat comes from.  It's going to lead to regional, then global war and it isn't Evangelicals who are slaughtering innocents.

Well, how wide is your scale?  There were also those nutters that ordered an invasion of a country based on false pretenses which caused over a million deaths, mostly civilians.  Anyway I wasn't talking about where the biggest threat comes from, just the fact that their actions are not supported by the majority of people in their ideology (which Golden Duck disputes because he doesn't believe Tarrant did what he did under the banner of Christianity).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well, how wide is your scale?  There were also those nutters that ordered an invasion of a country based on false pretenses which caused over a million deaths, mostly civilians.  Anyway I wasn't talking about where the biggest threat comes from, just the fact that their actions are not supported by the majority of people in their ideology (which Golden Duck disputes because he doesn't believe Tarrant did what he did under the banner of Christianity).

You said Tarrant was a Christian.  When he asks that question of himself, he can't even answer it.

It's like you're dismissing the possibility of secular violence against religious groups.

By your reasoning the Cronulla Riots must've been a Christian conflict. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You said Tarrant was a Christian.  When he asks that question of himself, he can't even answer it.

It's like you're dismissing the possibility of secular violence against religious groups.

Cronulla riots were racial. 

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Tarrant did use Christian symbols and history to push his cultural/racial agenda. to the best of my knowledge he wasn't a church goer and probably never read the bible. i don't think he was a mirror copy of an Islamic terrorist. Mate, i still struggle to box Tarrant and his crime. now i could be wrong but right wing white supremacist is prolly what he was. very popular in Europe with groups such as BNP, Golden Dawn and National Rally where Christian is just another attribute along with white and European.   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

thanks for the read. a pregnant women and her children. thats just sick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Tarrant did use Christian symbols and history to push his cultural/racial agenda. to the best of my knowledge he wasn't a church goer and probably never read the bible. i don't think he was a mirror copy of an Islamic terrorist. Mate, i still struggle to box Tarrant and his crime. now i could be wrong but right wing white supremacist is prolly what he was. very popular in Europe with groups such as BNP, Golden Dawn and National Rally where Christian is just another attribute along with white and European.   

The only connection with Christianity he mentioned was the part in his manifesto about the Knight Templars, which knowing their history, was enough for me.  I'm not convinced he was a white supremacist in its true meaning otherwise he would have shown hatred towards others races and Jews, which he didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Cronulla riots were racial. 

I know.  That's the point.

The Black Sun is not a Christian Symbol. 

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The Cronulla riots is the worse comparison possible.  The riots had nothing to do with being anti-Islamic.  Not sure where you're from but a guy I used to work with was from Cronulla and claims he was at the riots although didn't participate actively.  The story behind it the way he told me was that Lebanese Muslims were claiming parts of the beach for their women and when some Lifesavers went to investigate they gang bashed them.  When the word spread and after 10 beers it became 'lets get the ******'.  It wasn't even racial, it was more like 'lets defend our turf'.

• Like 1