Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

19 minutes ago, joc said:

Your shoe size is 13.  Your favorite foods are pizza and steak.

You have a subscription to Playboy because you like to read the articles.

Okay...I just made that up...I couldn't possibly know any of that...

Am I close though? B)

You had sense enough not to make the original claim, so I'll play along.  Out of the 4 things you mention, 2 are right.  At least you admit you're just guessing.  I hate when people think they know me so well from a few posts that they can predict what I will think or do when half the time I don't know myself how I will react until the time comes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Big Jim said:

You had sense enough not to make the original claim, so I'll play along.  Out of the 4 things you mention, 2 are right.  At least you admit you're just guessing.  I hate when people think they know me so well from a few posts that they can predict what I will think or do when half the time I don't know myself how I will react until the time comes.

Are you a Trump supporter?

1 hour ago, joc said:

Are you a Trump supporter?

Yes I am.  Why do you ask?

• Like 1

Because those who hate Trump already know everything they need to know about you...what you think, what you really are...etc.  You are: an extreme rightwing, racist, homophobe who only listens to extreme, racist, homophobic, right wing radio shows.  You are the scourge of the earth and it is people like you and Trump who are ruining America trying to make it something it never was...namely ...Great!  You hate all people of color and are anti-immigration when we are after all a country of immigrants.  You are just a Mini-Trump and therefore it's okay to be mean and ugly to you.  You most assuredly do not accept that we are killing the planet and that it is all America's fault.  And you are probably just as paranoid of the Media as the rest of the twisted, psycho, republican/neo-nazis who want to starve children and take immigrants babies away from their families.

But you already know all of that...B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

joc, seriously, isn't that just a little overly-presumptious? 

You do realize that there are left-wing, conservative and right-wing factions within BOTH parties?

34 minutes ago, pallidin said:

You do realize that there are left-wing, conservative and right-wing factions within BOTH parties?

No there isn't.  If you are on the left...that's pretty much the modus operindi of describing those on the right.  There are no conservative or right wing factions within the Democrat Party...if there is ...name a few for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Think as you wish... the "grey" areas of political party affiliation has existed from the beginning, on both sides.

It's absurdly obvious. I have no desire to do your homework.

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Think as you wish... the "grey" areas of political party affiliation has existed from the beginning, on both sides.

It's absurdly obvious. I have no desire to do your homework.

You couldn't begin to do my homework.  The grey area of political party affiliation exists only within the larger 'public' party, i.e. the general populous who live in the real world, have real jobs, and think real thoughts.   In the reality of elected offices...there is no grey area.  Not only is it not absurdly obvious....it isn't obvious at all.  

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

...In the reality of elected offices...there is no grey area...

Wow, talk about hard-line bias.

Whatever, joc, conversation over.

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

Wow, talk about hard-line bias.

Whatever, joc, conversation over.

I ask for examples of 'grey'...you say you aren't going to do my homework.  I say there is no grey and you say Conversation over.  In reality, there was never a conversation.  Only more rhetoric, excuses and denial from yet another leftist empty suit.

11 hours ago, joc said:

Because those who hate Trump already know everything they need to know about you...what you think, what you really are...etc.  You are: an extreme rightwing, racist, homophobe who only listens to extreme, racist, homophobic, right wing radio shows.  You are the scourge of the earth and it is people like you and Trump who are ruining America trying to make it something it never was...namely ...Great!  You hate all people of color and are anti-immigration when we are after all a country of immigrants.  You are just a Mini-Trump and therefore it's okay to be mean and ugly to you.  You most assuredly do not accept that we are killing the planet and that it is all America's fault.  And you are probably just as paranoid of the Media as the rest of the twisted, psycho, republican/neo-nazis who want to starve children and take immigrants babies away from their families.

But you already know all of that...B)

Deplorable, and proud of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, pallidin said:

You do realize that .....download.jpg.189b3fa6ba42451f3fb0b07480f36b90.jpg

ps  that's a joke palladin...because you said...you do realize....to which my default response is...yeah...nevermind...nothing to see here...B)

Edited by joc

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/05/2019 at 11:10 AM, Alchopwn said:

Now hang on there, you obviously aren't very familiar with the Quran  if you can say that.  Please, take out your copy of the Quran and familiarize yourself with a few of its edifying teachings, that you may better understand exactly how far the teachings of ISIS vary from what is in the Quran  and practiced and ordinarily taught within Islam. 

Quran 2:216 - War is your duty, and though you may dislike it, is it not possible that you like a thing which is bad for you and dislike a thing which is good for you ?  Allah knows, you don't.

Quran 3:56 - As to those who reject Islam, may their suffering be terrible in this life and the next.  May none take mercy upon them or help them.

Quran 4:74 - Let those who fight Allah's jihad and sell the life in this world for their life in the next.  Be they slain or victorious, for those who fight for Allah, there shall be a great reward.

Quran 4:95 - The believers who sit at home are not the equal of those who make war for Allah, save that they have been wounded or crippled.  There are ranks amongst the believers and those who war for Allah's sake will be better rewarded.

Quran 5:33 - The punishment of those who war against Allah and his messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is that they should be murdered, or they should be crucified and their hands and feet cut off.  Or that they should be imprisoned and greatly humiliated.

Quran 8:39 - Slay them all until there is no more unbelief, and the only religion belongs to Allah.

Quran 8:12 - I will cast horror into the hearts of those who disbelieve.  Therefore shall you decapitate them and cut off even their fingertips.

Quran 8:55-57 Surely the worst creatures in the sight of Allah are the apostates, those who definitively denied the truth and are therefore in no way prepared to accept it, (especially) those with whom you entered into a covenant and then they broke their covenant time after time, and who do not fear Allah.  So if you meet them in war, make of them a fearsome example of them such that those who follow them will see the atrocity you have committed upon them and be admonished.

Quran 8:67 - It is not for the Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he has made a great slaughter in the land.

Quran 33:50 O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto who thou hast paid their dowries, and those female slaves whom thy right hand possesses and of those women whom Allah has given thee as spoils of war, and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers - We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.

So I ask you, who is the better Muslim?  The one who fights the jihad against the non-believer and takes their women as slaves, or the one who is peaceful and sits at home?  The Quran is very clear on this point.  Now you say that 90% of Muslims don't agree with ISIS, but how closely have you examined that statistic?  Do you really know what it is about ISIS that the rest of the Muslim population of the world disagree with?  It certainly isn't the violence, but the power structure that the Caliphate will embody and their own tribe's subordination that they object to.  Many Muslims also believe that ISIS is actually controlled by Israel's Mossad and the CIA, due to the fact that they captured a lot of US equipment provided to the reconstituted post-occupation Iraqi army.  In fact ISIS was comprised primarily by remnants of Saddam Hussein's Ba'athist party intelligence known as the Mukhabarat, who had adpoted Islam as their new unifying ideology in the face of Kaffir aggression.  

It was pointed out by Ayatollah Khomeini that the number of passages in the Quran that exhort tolerance towards non-Muslims was 3 of ten and the number exhorting violence was 7 of ten, and that was the correct proportion of tolerance to intolerance to which a Muslims should adhere in their treatment of non-Muslims.  This is not considered a controversial statement in Islam, and even most non-Shi'ites accept it.  I have spent a considerable amount of time in various countries of the Middle East over the years and am fluent enough in Arabic and its older forms to read and even translate the Quran directly.

And, Isis is fighting for Allah? Lemme tell you. They are fighting for Russian and Israelie interrests. The only truth.

Also, I see you are new here, all the surahs have been explained, talked about, agreed, disagreed and what not else in the last 10 years since I am a UM member. No desire to start again buddy. Feel free to read the Quran from begining to end instead to use some of it as a "proof" of something.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, odas said:

And, Isis is fighting for Allah? Lemme tell you. They are fighting for Russian and Israelie interrests. The only truth.

Also, I see you are new here, all the surahs have been explained, talked about, agreed, disagreed and what not else in the last 10 years since I am a UM member. No desire to start again buddy. Feel free to read the Quran from begining to end instead to use some of it as a "proof" of something.

Cheers.

Of course ISIS are fighting for Allah.  All the slavery.  All the murder.  All the sex crimes.  It is all sanctioned in the Quran and the Hadiths.  ISIS are true believers in Islam AS IT IS WRITTEN.  They are following the LITERAL TRUTH of the word of the Prophet.  The mere fact that they behave like monsters should be seen as the condemnation of Islam that it is.  I am not saying that Muslims can't be good people, but they are being good people despite their religion, not because of it.  When people say that real Muslims aren't like ISIS, I just laugh and shrug off their lies as being Taqqiya.  Having travelled the Middle East, I know what Muslims are really like and I am not impressed.  I will extend my hospitality to apostates, but would never invite a known Muslim into my house any more than I might a rabid dog or a known thief.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2019 at 3:32 PM, Alchopwn said:

Of course ISIS are fighting for Allah.  All the slavery.  All the murder.  All the sex crimes.  It is all sanctioned in the Quran and the Hadiths.  ISIS are true believers in Islam AS IT IS WRITTEN.  They are following the LITERAL TRUTH of the word of the Prophet.  The mere fact that they behave like monsters should be seen as the condemnation of Islam that it is.  I am not saying that Muslims can't be good people, but they are being good people despite their religion, not because of it.  When people say that real Muslims aren't like ISIS, I just laugh and shrug off their lies as being Taqqiya.  Having travelled the Middle East, I know what Muslims are really like and I am not impressed.  I will extend my hospitality to apostates, but would never invite a known Muslim into my house any more than I might a rabid dog or a known thief.

Sorry, did not read all of your post and experiance. So you are almost fluent in arabic and travelled the middle east? 

On 5/28/2019 at 1:47 AM, odas said:

Sorry, did not read all of your post and experiance. So you are almost fluent in arabic and travelled the middle east? 

Yes I have travelled quite a lot in the Middle East, and am pretty fluent in Arabic, Aramaic and Hebrew.  I have done translation work and even some time picking over archaeological sites to work on ancient documents and such.  I have travelled in Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Yemen, Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.  I am certainly fluent enough in Arabic to read the Quran, and it is a document of stark hatred towards non-Muslims.  The Arabs are the children of Ishmael, and as it was with Ishmael, that his hand was raised against every man, and every man;s hand was raised against him, so it should be with the Muslims.  Islam is a declaration of war on all humanity unless they convert, and the rest of humanity should always look on Muslims as enemies and treat them accordingly as a result.  Furthermore what Islam's scripture teaches is extremely immoral in its recommended treatment of women and children, and should be made illegal on those grounds.

5 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Yes I have travelled quite a lot in the Middle East, and am pretty fluent in Arabic, Aramaic and Hebrew.  I have done translation work and even some time picking over archaeological sites to work on ancient documents and such.  I have travelled in Israel, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Yemen, Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.  I am certainly fluent enough in Arabic to read the Quran, and it is a document of stark hatred towards non-Muslims.  The Arabs are the children of Ishmael, and as it was with Ishmael, that his hand was raised against every man, and every man;s hand was raised against him, so it should be with the Muslims.  Islam is a declaration of war on all humanity unless they convert, and the rest of humanity should always look on Muslims as enemies and treat them accordingly as a result.  Furthermore what Islam's scripture teaches is extremely immoral in its recommended treatment of women and children, and should be made illegal on those grounds.

But, but, but... #NOT ALL MUSLIMS ;)   Seriously, I can understand your stark appraisal and I'll take you at your word for your expertise but is it really your contention that most of the world's Muslims support, even tacitly, the actions of those who are fundamentalists?  I'm no scholar or expert on that religion by any stretch but my experience with Christianity is that there are about 1.5 billion who are called by that name but very few who could be considered truly devout and willing to rigidly follow the doctrines/words of Christ.  Is it not the same with Islam?  My assumption is that most of the 1.5 billion Muslims are "lukewarm" just like Christians tend to be.  Do you still consider them to be culpable even in that condition because they don't stand against the evil done in Islam's name?

5 hours ago, and then said:

But, but, but... #NOT ALL MUSLIMS ;)   Seriously, I can understand your stark appraisal and I'll take you at your word for your expertise but is it really your contention that most of the world's Muslims support, even tacitly, the actions of those who are fundamentalists?  I'm no scholar or expert on that religion by any stretch but my experience with Christianity is that there are about 1.5 billion who are called by that name but very few who could be considered truly devout and willing to rigidly follow the doctrines/words of Christ.  Is it not the same with Islam?  My assumption is that most of the 1.5 billion Muslims are "lukewarm" just like Christians tend to be.  Do you still consider them to be culpable even in that condition because they don't stand against the evil done in Islam's name?

Sorry.  If you claim to accept an ideology, then you are guilty of also accepting the crimes committed in its name.  Lie with the dogs, rise with the fleas. 

You ask if Muslims do or do not accept the acts of so-called fundamentalists.  Well, that is completely immaterial, allow me to explain...

#ALL MUSLIMS belong to a religion that treats a woman as being worth half a man, and says that a man may gratify his sexual urges on his own children when they are as young as 1 year old via "thighing" which means sodomy.  #ALL MUSLIMS are told to wage holy war against non-believers in the Quran, and to enslave them.  #All MUSLIMS are told to shun or murder apostates from Islam.

This is what Islam teaches.  This is what Muslims are required to believe and accept as a socially normal and desirable situation. 

Frankly, it doesn't matter what the so-called "fundamentalists" do.  When the rank and file Muslim is practicing a proto-medieval and extremely primitive, socially backwards looking, and frankly evil religious ideology on a daily basis who cares what the fundamentalists are doing?  The so-called Muslim Moderates are every bit and complicit and guilty of crimes against humanity on a daily basis when they lawfully molest their children and deny their women any semblance of human rights or freedom.  

Now in terms of bringing Christianity into this, I loathe christianity and its many hypocrisies too, but at least Christianity's core message isn't unbridled militarism and conversion by the sword.  Do I think Christianity is a force for good?  No.  Do I think Christianity is sexist? Yes.  On the other hand, Christianity doesn't pretend that pedophilia is okay, it accepts it is a sin and hypocritically covers it up.  Islam doesn't even recognise pedophilia is a lasting injustice to children, and is quite happy to marry little children to adults for immediate sexual abuse.  Furthermore, this has been ratified by the major Sharia courts of the Islamic world in which Islamic jurisprudence is laid down.

Furthermore, I have seen wealthy middle class professional Muslims stone an "apostate" to death in Yemen with the police looking on and doing nothing. 

You say there are moderate muslims.  I am far less certain of that, and think their alleged numbers are highly exaggerated by the western media for purely propaganda reasons.  I also think the Far Right would die off if the Left abandoned its grossly hypocritical support for Muslims.

16 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

So you have been to all those places, among all those dangerous muslim terrorists and made it back alive to spread your BS. Good job Indiana.

• Haha 2

On 5/29/2019 at 11:42 PM, odas said:

So you have been to all those places, among all those dangerous muslim terrorists and made it back alive to spread your BS. Good job Indiana.

They haven't all been terrorist nightmares when I went there.  I went to most of those places about 20-30 years ago.  Plus I speak the language and as my parents travelled a lot I have been an experienced traveller for most of my life.  You wouldn't catch me in Yemen today for example, but I could have told you back in 2000 that the place was a tinderbox.  Also, yes, I have done some translation work in archaeology, but mainly in labs with palimpsests such as the Acts of Thomas, and while I did visit digs occasionally I never developed an appetite for trenchwork.

Edited by Alchopwn

On 5/29/2019 at 8:42 AM, odas said:

It sounds to me like "Indiana" has your number, Odious.  Tread carefully with specific claims about that wonderful religion. ;) 

On 30/05/2019 at 9:30 PM, and then said:

It sounds to me like "Indiana" has your number, Odious.  Tread carefully with specific claims about that wonderful religion. ;) 

Maybe. Hahaha. How many of you does it take to get my number? No. He does not, not even close. Selam, old friend.

• 1 year later...

Sri Lanka on Saturday announced plans to ban the wearing of burqas and said it would close more than 1,000 Islamic schools known as madrassas, citing national security.

Minister of Public Security Sarath Weerasekara said he signed a paper on Friday seeking the approval of the Cabinet of Ministers to ban burqas — outer garments that cover the body and face worn by women in some Islamic traditions.

MSN