Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

RoofGardener

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well that's an oxymoron considering what he did.  Why didn't he target Maori's if he was a white supremacist?  Answer: because he believed in Knight Templars and what they believed in.  Translated into, fighting the Islamic invaders.

That's pretty standard white supremacist verbiage though: they dont actually hate anyone, they just want to protect their language, borders and culture :rolleyes:

Up until recently no one ever fell for it

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Largely it seems like the religion itself has become little more than a political movement. Yes they are practicing a religion in the sense that they are going to church on sunday and small group on Thursday but in my experience many if not the majority are walking a very fine line between having tribalistic views because of religion and just using religion as a cover for their tribalistic views.

There are millions of practicing Christians all over the world Farmer. Every nationality and race. You have a slim concept of what that is compared to those who simply use the holidays for baskets and presents, like I said before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That's pretty standard white supremacist verbiage though: they dont actually hate anyone, they just want to protect their language, borders and culture :rolleyes:

Up until recently no one ever fell for it

And in doing so, every Australian Aborigine, American and South American Indian feel their pain and sorrow. 

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

You have a slim concept of what that is compared to those who simply use the holidays for baskets and presents, like I said before. 

I have 25+ years in Christian churches of all sizes all across the country, from the 20 person fundamentalist congregation in Missouri to the 10k member mega church in Alaska and just about every place  and size in between.  I have about as firm a grasp on as large of a concept on Christianity as is possible without going to seminary.

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Largely it seems like the religion itself has become little more than a political movement. Yes they are practicing a religion in the sense that they are going to church on sunday and small group on Thursday but in my experience many if not the majority are walking a very fine line between having tribalistic views because of religion and just using religion as a cover for their tribalistic views.

Which religion?

Non denominational Christian groups are commercial.

Those who practice don't refer to themselves as a generic Christian.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I have 25+ years in Christian churches of all sizes all across the country, from the 20 person fundamentalist congregation in Missouri to the 10k member mega church in Alaska and just about every place  and size in between.  I have about as firm a grasp on as large of a concept on Christianity as is possible without going to seminary.

I'm proud of you! You went to church! Aren't you something special! Christianity is the second largest religion in the world Farmer. It doesn't revolve around the US or the white race. 

Actually I'm wrong. It is the largest religion in the world.

Edited by susieice

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Which religion?

No. They don't. 

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Which religion?

Well there was a baptist phase, then a church of Christ phase, the vast majority of them however actually referred to themselves as non denominational but were basically baptist lite. Heres a link to ABT the very last church I stepped foot into http://www.abt.church/ ...wait that might not be true, we did give a church in AZ a shot at one point but we were in and out of AK a couple of times so my timeline is confused. The one in AZ was hilarious it had a husband wife duo preaching....very Regis and Kathy Lee like

Christians tearing christans apart (verbaly, so far). Kinda fun.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm proud of you! You went to church! Aren't you something special! Christianity is the second largest religion in the world Farmer. It doesn't revolve around the US or the white race. 

Holy jesus yes susieice you win the captain obvious award for the hour.

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Christian tearing christans apart (verbaly, so far). Kinda fun.

Depends on whether someone is a practicing Christian or a holiday enthusiast. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Holy jesus yes susieice you win the captain obvious award for the hour.

Always Farmer. You went to church. Do you go anymore or are you not a practicing Christian?

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No. He believed Muslims should stay in there original location. He draws the analogy of the world and a rainbow - everything should stay in its own place. 

The oxymoron is the European colonization. 

So you're suggesting he didn't believe he represented Christianity when he quoted the Knight Templars, specifically rejected Islamic immigration and killed Muslims in Mosques while you instead believe he was a white supremacist who never harmed a Jew, Maori or anyone from another race?  Above all, he can't even claim to have committed the murders in the name of nationalism because he was an Australian.

No worries Duck, I'll leave you with your beliefs.

Just now, susieice said:

Depends on whether someone is a practicing Christian or a holiday enthusiast. 

Well, you can call me baptized antitheist.

Yeah, I have been baptized (no one asked my 5 year old opinion) in Catholic church, but nowadays I'm antitheist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

So you're suggesting he didn't believe he represented Christianity when he quoted the Knight Templars, specifically rejected Islamic immigration and killed Muslims in Mosques while you instead believe he was a white supremacist who never harmed a Jew, Maori or anyone from another race?  Above all, he can't even claim to have committed the murders in the name of nationalism because he was an Australian.

That's the whole problem in a nutshell. Representatives of Christianity and Islam. Hijacking so to speak. As I tried to tell Farmer, Christianity is all over the world in every race and nation. It is not about white supremacy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Always Farmer. You went to church. Do you go anymore or are you not a practicing Christian?

No in all honesty I tried really really hard to live the Christian life. The "Christians" were almost always my largest stumbling block (well and science but I was HUGE into apologetics to try and counter that) . Eventually there came a point at a christmas eve service of all times when a song being sung about gay people and the fools who support them having rights drew a vicious cheer from the crowd that I realized I no longer could in good conscience let these people and this ideology affect my children.

Edited by Farmer77

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

Yeah, I have been baptized (no one asked my 5 year old opinion) in Catholic church, but nowadays I'm antitheist.

Roman Catholic is the largest denomination still, I think. It doesn't sound like you are a practicing Christian now and that's ok. I'm really not either. But these people doing these attacks aren't practicing Christians either. In other words, they aren't being done by the Christian church. 

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

He represented a European tradition that's what he said.

He didn't quote the Knights Templar.  This modern incarnation was described by Breivik as "hypothetical fictional" and somehow it's now legitimate.

Which church did he or his family attend? Answer that and we'll have something factual to discuss.

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Interesting.  I had to lookup antitheist to verify the difference with an atheist.  Apparently the description I got was that an atheist may consider the existence of God which sounds more like something an agnostic believes and an antitheist completely disregards any belief in God which is what I believed an atheist was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No in all honesty I tried really really hard to live the Christian life. The "Christians" were almost always my largest stumbling block (well and science but I was HUGE into apologetics to try and counter that) . Eventually there came a point at a christmas eve service of all times when a song being sung about gay people and the fools who support them having rights drew a vicious cheer from the crowd that I realized I no longer could in good conscience let these people and this ideology affect my children.

Many no longer do that. Especially protestant churches. Women are holding positions in the churches now which wasn't allowed before either. The Catholics are allowing women to give sacrament now but not to be priests giving it in the church itself. 

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Roman Catholic is the largest denomination still, I think. It doesn't sound like you are a practicing Christian now and that's ok. I'm really not either. But these people doing these attacks aren't practicing Christians either. In other words, they aren't being done by the Christian church. 

I'm certainly not practicing christian, but NZ smeghead certainly was hooked on some of Christian bs.

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

Interesting.  I had to lookup antitheist to verify the difference with an atheist.  Apparently the description I got was that an atheist may consider the existence of God which sounds more like something an agnostic believes and an antitheist completely disregards any belief in God which is what I believed an atheist was.

Yes. Me also. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

@Golden Duck This is the last one i was actually a member of https://changepointalaska.com/

The point I'm trying to make is that when someone says "I'm Christian" the impression I get is that the functions the attend are  commercial events. Why are their songs copyrighted?

I've certainly never heard of a funeral in these places.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Don't stretch your pants, in other words - I'm against any cult/religion.

• Like 1